Quantcast

Discussion entertainment

Steve Harvey Says He Wasn’t a Faithful Man Until He Met His Third Wife

By  |  15 Comments

steve harvey and wife majorie

Steve Harvey has created a media empire with his relationship advice, which pretty much began with his bestseller book Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man. The book, which features advice in a series of common sense tips of how to date men, flew off book shelves as women everywhere began to view the book as the gospel of how to understand men. The book became so successful that it was eventually turned into a hit movie, and Steve not not only has a radio show, but he also nabbed a daytime talk show on television, in which he continues to give relationship advice to women who feel like they can’t understand men enough to date them, as well as discuss other popular topics.

But it would be Steve’s second wife Mary Shakelford who would bring up Steve’s past relationship failures that caused some people to become skeptical of Steve’s “relationship guru” status.

A couple of years ago, his ex wife Mary Shakelford claimed that Steve cheated on her multiple times, and used his money and power to not only put her out of the house, but keep the kids away from her. Steve denied the accusations originally, but they lingered throughout the success of his book and film. And Steve has been answering back to the critics ever since. Eventually, the comedian did admit that he had not been faithful in his marriage to Mary.

But Steve says that doesn’t make his advice any less true or helpful, and the comedian says that despite his past, he has changed for the better.

And in a recent interview with People, he said it is his current and third wife Marjorie Harvey that made him want to change and become a better man. In fact, it wasn’t until he met her that he had ever been faithful to any woman.

He says:

“The Lord saved my soul. Marjorie saved my life. You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is. Marjorie changed the way I existed. I’d never been in a healthy adult relationship. I’d never been loyal, I’d never been fully respected.”

Steve thinks that people can change and also learn new behavior in relationships, despite their cheating pasts. Do you agree? Leave your thoughts below in the comment section.

1. Anon

November 23, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I think Steve is phony. Sorry.

2. Lisa

November 23, 2012 at 3:46 pm

People can change, but that doesn’t mean they need to be giving out relationship advice. He’s been married 3 times! I don’t want to hear anything he has to say.

November 23, 2012 at 3:51 pm

People can change. That’s a fact. But they have to want to. If they are changing for anyone but themselves, they won’t be successful. But as far as Steve goes, I think he’s a snake. I think he used black women to make money and I don’t look to him for relationship advice.

4. Ratchet Queen

November 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Third WIFE’s a charm right?

• Barbee

November 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm

LOL!

5. O-La

November 23, 2012 at 4:04 pm

**Rolls eyes**

6. anon anon

November 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Meh, I doubt he’s changed any. His rep isn’t that great honestly. Not to mention he stabbed his good friend Bernie Mac in the back before he did over a movie role. I don’t trust anything this guy says.

7. Oprah's Wig

November 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm

SMH. Whatever Steve. This is one black woman that will not make you any richer.

8. anonymous

November 23, 2012 at 4:08 pm

so what he really meant is it took a younger, freakier, woman to make him do right? How long will that last though? lol please.

9. Izzy

November 23, 2012 at 4:09 pm

The way he did his last wife tells me he hasn’t changed all that much. But he has to have a certain image to keep selling books and keep people listening to his show.

10. Heather B.

November 23, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Didn’t his current wife used to date drug dealers? She could probably pay some folks to “off” him if he steps out on her. That’s why he’s really faithful. LOL.

11. D.VAL

November 24, 2012 at 2:01 am

“You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to know what a good one is.” Well, how bad could it have been if you got married TWICE?! They couldn’t have been that bad, and I don’t feel he’s taking ownership for the roles HE played in the demise of his previous marriages. People just throw humility out the window when they think they’ve made it. He needs to sit somewhere with a muzzle on when it comes to his own personal relationships.

12. ccinthelou

March 10, 2013 at 3:17 pm

“You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is. Marjorie changed the way I existed. I’d never been in a healthy adult relationship. I’d never been loyal, I’d never been fully respected.” Steve, it takes two to make a relationship work and both of you have to give each other the respect and love. If both of your previous marriages were not great or healthy, why did you go before GOD and get married? Stop talking bullsh-t and be real with yourself.

13. Kris

July 5, 2013 at 9:39 am

Steve Harvey can provide advice because he made so many mistakes in his past relationships. I think he learned a few lessons, I would consider what he has to say. If Steve haven’t changed it will eventually come out. He can lie all day to us but you cannot fool GOD…God know your heart. I’ll be praying for you Mr.Harvey.

14. ADELL dAVIS

October 15, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I too think Steve Harvey is a snake. I watch
    family fued because I lke the show. He is an entertainer . I would not spend a dime to see him. If he dose not come on TV he won’t be seen by me. What people do in their private life is their business, but whn you decide to tell other people how to run their life you should make sure your closet is reasonably clean.. Can Steve Harvey say that. I also agree he made his money with the help of black women.