Quantcast

Jamie Foxx Explains Why He Keeps His Baby Mamas’ Identities Secret & Refuses to Get Married

By  | 30 Comments

Photo Credit: Ed Edahl

When it comes to relationships and women, Jamie Foxx has always been perceived as a ladies man. The Oscar-winning actor, comedian, and R&B singer has had plenty of success in his career, but he’s never really publicly shared that success with any woman. This has left many to wonder what could keep Jamie from settling down and giving marriage a try like most of his Hollywood counterparts, but with the high rate of divorce among celebrities, it’s quite understandable why Foxx hasn’t exchanged any vows or even gotten close to settling down with anyone. But in a recent interview with Oprah for her Next Chapter series, Jamie finally explains why it appears marriage is not an option for him, despite all of the success he’s had in the industry for the last couple of decades.

Although Jamie is a father to a two daughters (18-year-old Corrine and 4-year-old Annalise), the identity of the mothers of the two girls has never been revealed to the public. Jamie explains why he keeps their identities a secret, without using a confidentiality agreement:

“It’s just so cool and calm and that’s all you need… [I] need somebody… who’s not thirsty for what I do.”

Foxx also reveals that he takes the same approach to dating. According to Jamie, he prefers to date women who can keep their relationship a secret and who have no desire to make red carpet appearances with him:

“Whoever you date, don’t let anybody know. I was dating a girl one time and I’m sick and there was a premiere and she got her dress and she was like, ‘Well, the premiere’s tonight… what are we doing? Because I got this dress.’ And I said, ‘Ok, well you go ahead and go to the premiere and don’t come back,’ because it ain’t about that. To me, in order to make it in this business, it has to be someone who is willing to sacrifice a little bit more than what they would sacrifice in a normal relationship.”

And when it comes to marriage, Jamie Foxx says he has no desire to ever get married anymore. Foxx cites watching the failure of so many marriages among his friends as his reason:

“I always wanted to be married, 2.5 kids, wood paneling on the side of the station wagon, but… you get your heart broken one good time, especially for a man, it’s catastrophic.

“I always felt for my friends that got married. I would see them married for five years and then see them start to (crumble), and all of the sudden they’re not married and they’re enemies. Like they hate each other. And then I’m stuck in the middle as their friend and there’s kids involved and it wrecks everything.

“I just don’t want that… I know one couple that is married and they’re happy, but everybody else, they are gnawing their arms off.”

Check out the preview clip for the interview below:

Jamie Foxx’s interview with Oprah Winfrey airs on OWN December 16.

1. Shayla

December 18, 2012 at 11:34 am

Hmm…marriages fail all the time and so do relationships. That doesn’t mean you don’t attempt to have one. Silly reasoning.

2. Ha

December 18, 2012 at 11:36 am

N-gro please. You’re keeping their identities under wraps because they are exotical non black women and you don’t want to be labeled a sell out. There’s no need to lie. It’s not like black women are checking for you anyway. Half of us can’t get pass how well you played Wanda on In Living Color.

• Meeka

December 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm

LMAO. You and me are HERE girl.

• TinaFaye

January 14, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I know that’s right!!

• m.cole

February 11, 2013 at 1:24 pm

And YOU KNOW IT..!!! HELL WE KNOW HES A SELL OUT ANYWAY. .

• Mark

February 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I can smell the bitterness through my monitor. Please… Make it stop…

• Uncontainable Spirit

May 23, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Exotical?

• rogersmith

August 8, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I hear that sister! me being an African American male I just wanna say I love my black women!

3. Nicole

December 18, 2012 at 11:37 am

Another man who is against marriage. Shocker. lol

• Dave

February 26, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Women in the entertainment industry are the same exact way. Jamie’s just being honest.

• Uncontainable Spirit

May 23, 2013 at 6:00 pm

What would the benefits for Jamie be in a marriage? C’mon… there has been a 50 year effort to make marriage men in this country be undesirable. I’m actually surprised that you’re surprised that men in general aren’t interested in marriage. lol!

December 18, 2012 at 11:38 am

I don’t understand why it’s ok to have babies and baby mamas/child support, but marriage is the devil? The hell?

5. Viv

December 18, 2012 at 11:43 am

Condoms break but he’s still f-cking, so what’s the problem with being a grown a– man and getting married? These forever bachelor men are dumb as hell to me. They hate marriage but they don’t realize that having kids with a woman guarantees you will be linked to her for life too.

• Gia

December 18, 2012 at 11:51 am

Despite the vulgar language (LOL) this comment is so true. Cosign 100 times.

• Ratchet Queen

December 18, 2012 at 11:59 am

THIS!

• Will

February 26, 2013 at 2:27 pm

If you and I were dating, and accidentally had a kid, then my responsibilities are to care for the child. I’m under no responsibility to try to do nice things for you, take you out, date you exclusively. When you get married, your kids and your family expect you to have integrity and stay true to your vows. You’re still linked for life, but with marriage you don’t have freedom, and if you pursue freedom while married, you’re a piece of s***, basically. It’s very different.

6. Sharon J.

December 18, 2012 at 11:44 am

I thought he was gay.

7. Shayla

December 18, 2012 at 11:46 am

There are so many classic comments on here. LOL.

8. Hater

December 18, 2012 at 11:48 am

So he’s basically saying he just wants to be free to whore around and be famous. If that’s how he feels, he shouldn’t get married. And more men should do the same. Don’t get married if you don’t believe in it. If more men did the same, the divorce rate would be a lot lower.

• D. Val

December 18, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Agreed

• Jamie

February 26, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Youre right. So Jamie’s doing the right thing. But don’t arbitrarily single out men. Women are no different and should be more honest with their desires as well. It takes 2 to get a divorce and women aren’t perfect angels who do nothing wrong.

• Uncontainable Spirit

May 23, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Yes they are dammit! They are PERFECT ANGELS who do NO WRONG! Didn’t you get the memo? Dang!

9. Barbee

December 18, 2012 at 11:59 am

I always figured he didn’t want to get married either. Hey, if it works for him, then good. Not everyone believes in marriage. As long as he’s not wasting someone’s time who wants to get married, I don’t see a problem.

10. Debra

December 18, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Typical male excuses for why they run around like little boys. #yawn

• Chaz

February 26, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Girls cheat on guys and chase after d-ck. Shocker right?

11. tintin

December 18, 2012 at 2:55 pm

he needs to stop having kids then. you need to show your kids a foundation. He has two girls and what’s he gonna say to them, just lie on your back, get preggers for a rich guy and prepare to be a baby mama. He’s an idiot.

12. Tee

December 19, 2012 at 10:37 am

Well you can’t balme him if the woman he dates will allow themselves to be nothing but a girlfriend and a secret then more power to him. You have to train a man how you want to be treated and it seems as none of these woman have began the process yet. Or maybe they have no self worth….. All they care about is his money anyways so hey.

13. Uncontainable Spirit

February 5, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I’m definitely on Jamie Foxx’s team in this instance. I love the shaming language in the comments here though. lol! Hilarious! A woman does whatever she wants to do and it’s called “Empowering” or “Taking Control Of Her Live” yet when a man decides to do what he wants to do it’s “Grow up and be a man” or “Stop running around like a little boy” Whew! Priceless. Love, support and cherish your children. Do your thing Jamie, marriage in America is HEAVILY weighted against you. At the end of the day you have to ensure that you are happy with yourself. People are going to bash you regardless what you do so you may as well do you.

• Gerald

February 26, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Holy cow, I was going to jump off a bridge untl I read your comment. Thank you for restoring my faith in logic and reasoning.

14. bizeemommie

September 6, 2014 at 4:11 am

I agree with ya Jamie. And I am a 53 year old woman. been there and done that. never again.