Quantcast

Reality TV

DMX’s Ex Wife Talks His Cheating Ways & Moving On

By  |  11 Comments
Photo Credit: TLC

Photo Credit: TLC

DMX was arguably one of the biggest rappers on the scene back in the days of the Ruff Ryder crew, and although he was dating and eventually married his childhood sweetheart Tashera Simmons, their marriage was very rocky and hurtful amidst a music industry that didn’t seem to making marriage easier for rap stars. It’s no secret that DMX did a lot of cheating, but despite the cheating, Tashera held on for as long as she could. When DMX began to decline on the music scene and began to have back to back legal troubles and moments in prison, it got even harder for his marriage to Tashera to withstand. Then of course there are rumors that drug use that played a part in DMX’s demise, but even though Tashera held on to the relationship for as long as she did, the two did eventually divorce.

Although the former couple did appear on Couples Therapy together and seemed like they were trying to work things out, it would later be revealed that their relationship had ended and there was no chance of a reconciliation.

Tashera is obviously not done with reality television because DMX’s ex is set to appear on the upcoming reality show Starter Wives Confidential.

The show is a product of TLC and is said to following the former wives and ex girlfriends of celebrities as they attempt to move on in their lives. Some even speculate that these exes will also be exposing some of their former lovers.

During the press screening for the show, Tashera spoke on her relationship with DMX and claims she’s found her happiness and has moved on from a relationship  consisted mostly of cheating:

“I was 100% mother and wife. When I love, I love hard. [DMX] was great at what he did – which was cheating – but I’m happy as hell now. I’ve found someone very special in my life.”

Starter Wives Confidential will also feature the ex and baby mama of Lamar Odom, the ex-wife to Funkmaster Flex, as well as the baby mamas and former girlfriends of 50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather.

Starter Wives Confidential premieres Tuesday January 29, at 10:00 pm EST on TLC.

1. Xanthia

January 25, 2013 at 11:56 am

Glad to know she has moved on and is happy now!!!!

2. Shayla

January 25, 2013 at 11:57 am

I can’t believe she is doing yet another reality show..

3. Jamaica

January 25, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Oh Lawd…why do these women feel like they need to be on TV though?! They sound real entitled to me.

January 25, 2013 at 12:01 pm

So basically we’re get yet another Hollywood Exes? I think I’m done with reality TV. Scripted TV sounds real good right about now.

5. Debra

January 25, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Sigh…I won’t be watching. There is nothing original about this show and honestly, I don’t care to watch another show about hollywood exes. Who cares? They all need to move on with their lives and stay off my TV screen.

6. Peachy

January 25, 2013 at 12:05 pm

*face palms* I can’t watch this show. Lamar’s BM just sounded so pathetic to me when she said she hasn’t been with anyone since Lamar and dude’s been married since 2009. I just can’t support this show. Sorry.

7. Barbee

January 25, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Did anyone see a clip of the show? It looked pretty boring. I think I might pass. The only reality shows I’m checking for now is LHHATL and RHOA. That’s pretty much it for me. I’ve gotten back into scripted shows.

8. Jessica

January 25, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Why?! We already have Hollywood Exes and that barely got any ratings.

9. Morgan

January 25, 2013 at 12:08 pm

That picture tho

10. anon anon

January 25, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Another pointless reality show that I won’t be watching? Anyone watch Scandal? That’s my sh-t.

11. Meeka

January 25, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Chile bye…it took you too long to leave that fool. She wasted years on a nutcase.