Quantcast

entertainment Reality TV

Kimora Lee Simmons Shades Beyonce, Jessica Simpson & Other Celebs with Fashion Lines

By  | 14 Comments
Photo Credit: Tim Lundin

Photo Credit: Tim Lundin

Kimora Lee Simmons is known for speaking her mind and not caring about how her opinions might make other people feel. The former super model and wife to Hip Hop mogul Russell Simmons is making her grand return to reality television with a new series called Kimora: House of Fab on Style Network, and despite the recent ending to her romantic relationship with Djimon Hounsou, she’s still making some power moves in the world of fashion. In fact, her new reality series will follow Kimora as she runs her latest company JustFab.com, an online retail haven for women’s fashion.

With JustFab.com continuously growing and doing good in sales, Kimora certainly feels great that she can add another accomplishment to her resume. But in a recent interview with The Grio, Kimora also reveals that she also feels good for paving the way for celebrity fashion designers.

Kimora claims that had she and Russell not founded Baby Phat and Phat Farm, other celebrities never would have been able to have their own fashion lines.

She says:

“Before us there wasn’t any Beyoncé, there wasn’t Sean John or Justin Timberlake, there wasn’t Jessica Simpson. There wasn’t any of that. We really laid the blueprint for that.”

And because she is Kimora Lee Simmons, of course she just had to do what she does best, and that is shade.

She adds:

Oh Kimora.

1. CiCi

January 25, 2013 at 10:02 am

Oh shut up Kimora.

January 25, 2013 at 10:03 am

Why is she trying shade Bey when she has a whole pack of smoked sausages attached to the back of her neck? Woman please.

3. Zodiac

January 25, 2013 at 10:04 am

But she wouldn’t’ have even had Baby Phat if she didn’t f-ck Russell. How can she talk?

• Ratchet Queen

January 25, 2013 at 11:40 am

Right!!!

4. Barbee

January 25, 2013 at 10:04 am

Baby Phat isn’t anything to brag about…

5. Nicole

January 25, 2013 at 10:06 am

Huh?! I’m pretty sure these people were going to get their own fashion lines regardless of whether or not Phat Farm and Baby Phat were in existence. Seriously. Companies know that celebs sell products. She needs to have several seats. She didn’t pave the way for celeb clothing lines.

6. Shayla

January 25, 2013 at 10:07 am

But Jessica Simpson’s line sh-ts all over Baby Phat…

7. Debra

January 25, 2013 at 10:10 am

I don’t understand why Kimora is so arrogant all the time. She just lost yet another man, she never got close to getting on the level of Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell, or Chanel Iman. She had to marry money to keep her lifestyle because her modeling career didn’t go as far as she wanted it to. And the only reason she had Baby Phat is because Russell gave it to her. She should humble herself.

8. Zodiac

January 25, 2013 at 10:11 am

Isn’t Bey already worth more than Kimora? Oh…

9. 404

January 25, 2013 at 10:13 am

I get what she’s saying, but it’s just not true. There were already other urban lines out there that made their mark before Baby Phat. And I think even FUBU came before Baby Phat. The Simmons brothers aren’t the most innovative business men out there. Any venture they take on is always one that someone else did already.

10. Morgan

January 25, 2013 at 10:15 am

I wish she would just stop.She can be so pretentious in her interviews.

11. Zoie

January 25, 2013 at 10:18 am

The only person Kimora needs to be shading is herself.

12. Rachel

January 25, 2013 at 10:19 am

Whatever. Kimora really gets on my nerves.

13. Seriously?

January 25, 2013 at 10:21 am

“One thing I love about myself is this business is that I don’t have to rely on the sales of an album, or my movie being a hit for my clothing to be a hit.” – Yeah, but you did have to rely on Russell’s d-ck to even get in the business. So yeah, you can’t shade anyone love.