Quantcast

entertainment Music

Keri Hilson Angers People with Controversial Relationship Advice

By  | 26 Comments
Photo Credit: @dreamincolor Instagram

Photo Credit: @dreamincolor Instagram

By: Taren Vaughan

R&B singer Keri Hilson and social media networks just don’t mix do they? Like many other celebrities, Keri Hilson uses her Twitter and Instagram accounts to keep her fans in the know when it comes to the new music that she puts out, and any other good news that she has going on. But ever since Keri got called out for dissing Beyonce’ and Ciara, Keri denying ever having a problem with Ci or Bey to this day, the singer has been the target of many dragging sessions that are normally started up by members of “The Beyhive”. After getting fed up with years of insults and death threats from Beyonce’s fans, Keri Hilson took to her Twitter account to say that enough was enough. Though the social media network world hasn’t been the best to Keri over the years, the happenings of her love life have been some positive things that Keri has shared as it was reported awhile ago that the new man in the singer’s life was Oklahoma City Thunder’s Serge Ibaka. And with all the happiness that she has now with her relationship from what we can tell, Keri, like most women, reflected on a few things and she decided to offer a piece of relationship advice to all the ladies out there by posting this photo and message on Instagram:

keri hilson instagram

Blogger Necole B*tchie peeped Keri’s IG post and wrote a post about it, creating some dialogue amongst her readers. And some of those who read the post were very offended by what Keri had to say. So to clear things up, Keri took to her Twitter account to further explain the message that she was trying to relay (Read from bottom to top):

keri hilson twitter

We must say, we have to agree with Keri on this one.

Thoughts on Keri Hilson’s message?

1. Jessica

May 11, 2013 at 8:42 pm

She told the damn trutth!

• Fantasia

May 12, 2013 at 12:16 am

……………..but her music does not match what she is saying. She comes off as a hoe in her videos, so I would consider everything she just said null and void.

2. Anon

May 11, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Funny, isn’t this the same chick that was humping for dear life a few music videos ago, damn near naked, screaming how great some man was screwing her?

• Barbee

May 11, 2013 at 8:47 pm

LOL!!!!

• ladiinikki

May 12, 2013 at 2:35 am

I was gonna say the same thing…

3. Hater

May 11, 2013 at 8:46 pm

She’s right…

4. WhatWhat

May 11, 2013 at 8:48 pm

When did Keri become a relationship expert? If only she could have enough wisdom to save her music career.

• Hater

May 11, 2013 at 9:03 pm

#DEAD

May 11, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I completely agree with her. What she is referring to is called the Law of Attraction. You are what you attract. I didn’t meet my husband until I became the person I was asking God to make sure he would be. Life and death is in the tongue, but people treat you how you treat yourself.

• Lay Lay

May 11, 2013 at 9:04 pm

May 11, 2013 at 10:20 pm

nothing is 100% i treat myself with respect ! Ii never twerked in a party or wear clothes they expose my a-s If ur attractive your going to attract whoever finds u attractive regardless.

6. Gia

May 11, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Why would anyone get mad about this? It’s very good advice.

• nats

May 11, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Agreed!

7. Peachy

May 11, 2013 at 8:53 pm

My momma always told me that I would be the best example of how I should be treated. If I allowed anything from a man, that’s what he would give me. And that’s one of he best things she could have ever taught me.

8. Meeka

May 11, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I see no lies…

May 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Heffa just wants attention. Her career is dead and can’t be revived.

10. Ratchet Queen

May 11, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I don’t care for Keri, but it was stupid to get mad at this. It’s old wisdom and very true.

11. anonymous

May 11, 2013 at 9:01 pm

So men have no responsibility and everything is the woman’s fault?! I thought this was 2013! SMDH!!!

12. Gabriella

May 11, 2013 at 9:04 pm

She is right but what about her long suffering career.

13. King Bey

May 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Girl bye. You’re still a flop.

May 11, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Too bad tweets and Instagram quotes won’t get you a Grammy. Try again.

15. more

May 11, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Good advise but a jerk is going to be a jerk regardless of how u carry ur self !! we need to teach our men to act right when he is around a lady NOT to act a damn fool with HOES AND LADIES

16. Mz. Manning

May 12, 2013 at 11:13 am

First off let me say this: The advice that she gave is on point and it has NOTHING to do with her music career period so for all of you shading her stay on the topic at hand. You are what you attract. Sometimes we give the wrong men a chance and they cut up and do God knows what and we continue to accept it for God knows how long.If we stopped letting men get away with their trifling behavior so much then they wouldn’t do it. A chick quick to go off on a woman calling her a whore and God knows what when we find out our man been stepping out on us, but a real women knows that her man is the only one who should have loyalty to her. If we carry ourselves and treat ourselves with respect then a man will do the same. If he doesn’t then be like “he tried it” then show his a-s the door. Women hold the power we have to stop giving it away to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that comes along and give it to someone who is deserving of you physically, emotionally, and mentally period.

17. bebe

May 12, 2013 at 10:46 pm

I dont see what’s wrong with what she said at alll.. I agree, I think some people just like to pick on her .

18. shelbywigglesworth

May 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I don’t understand why SOME women are upset with her making A TRUE STATEMENT. I’m certain these women who are criticizing her are the same ones who go swinging at a man when they’ve caught him in a lie, and you know that saying “if you come swinging at me like a man, I’m going swing back at you, LIKE A MAN”. You are what you put out there for the world to see.

19. Jenn

May 16, 2013 at 8:19 am

You can tell how much wisdom she learned from her past relationship.