Quantcast

Reality TV

Kandi Burruss’ Rep Says She Did Not Get Married

By  | 13 Comments
Photo Credit: Good Day Atlanta

Photo Credit: Good Day Atlanta

Did Kandi and Todd get married? A recent report from blogger Tamara Tattles suggested that “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Kandi Burruss married her beau Todd Tucker a couple of days ago in Cancun, Mexico. The report seemed very plausible considering all the stars of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” were in Cancun with Kandi, and both Kandi and Todd posted photos of what appeared to be beachside wedding ceremony scenery to their Instagram accounts. Todd even wrote on the caption,  “Here’s to new beginnings!!! Life is good!!!” Kandi added more fuel to the rumors when she posted the rumor herself to her own website, but she hasn’t officially denied or confirmed the reports.

Well Kandi’s rep has decided to speak out on the rumors, and her spokesperson tells Hip Hollywood that Kandi and Todd did not get married. Despite reports suggesting they eloped, Kandi’s rep says they are still not husband and wife.

Honestly, the beach scene looked like the spot for a destination wedding to us. But we wouldn’t be surprised if this was just Bravo’s sneaky way of generating interest in the upcoming season of the show. Or perhaps Kandi and Todd did really get married and they want to keep it a secret for now or for contractual reasons. And it’s always a possibility that Kandi and Todd planned on eloping in Cancun, but something happened to force both to reconsider at the last minute and that would make for great TV. It’s just kind of hard to dismiss the photos (and the caption Todd wrote) we saw as if a wedding wasn’t at least part of the plan at some point during the trip.

Either way, Kandi’s rep says the reports are “not true” and no wedding took place.

1. Barbee

October 26, 2013 at 2:28 pm

This is so confusing! It looked like they got married from the pictures!

2. Meeka

October 26, 2013 at 2:30 pm

There were definitely wedding chairs in the background of Kandi’s picture. Oh well. I guess they are just trying to generate buzz for the show. I won’t lie. It looks like this season will be a good one.

3. SMH

October 26, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I guess this was just a stunt. These reality stars stay doing the absolute most.

4. anon anon

October 26, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I’m so confused. It looked like the they had a set up for a wedding in the photos. Maybe they did change their mind last minute. But that was definitely the set up for a beach wedding. Our eyes weren’t lying.

5. Porsha

October 26, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I think they did get married but Bravo wants them to stay quiet for now. Probably because we won’t see the wedding until the season finale.

6. Yeah I Said It!

October 26, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Either way she just needs to make sure he signs a prenup.

• Anonymous

October 26, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Right.

7. And What?

October 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Bravo is doing damage control. People weren’t supposed to find out Kandi and Todd married I’m assuming. It definitely looked like someone had a wedding there. Kenya has no real man, Porsha is divorcing, NeNe is remarried, Phaedra and Cynthia are married. That leaves Kandi.

8. Heather B.

October 26, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I’m going to assume the rep is telling the truth and they didn’t go through with eloping. Anything for a storyline I guess.

• Queen

October 26, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I agree. I think they went there to elope and someone (probably Kandi) had a change of heart. I noticed her mother wasn’t there, nor her daughter if the Instagram photos were accurate. So they probably didn’t go through with it for that reason alone. I’m sure we will see whatever happened on the show. I do feel they put this out here to get people hype about the show.

October 26, 2013 at 2:44 pm

They are trying to get people to watch the show. But I’m still not interested.

10. Gabriella

October 26, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Then what was up with the little wedding set up on the beach?

October 26, 2013 at 3:05 pm

The rep is lying. The pictures told the truth. I guess Bravo didn’t want to let the cat out the bag yet.