Quantcast

Shots Fired: Draya Shades Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade’s Engagement

By  | 34 Comments
Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

“Basketball Wives LA” star Draya Michele has always been pretty vocal and brutally transparent on her Twitter account, even if it gets her dragged plenty in her mentions.

The reality star is currently dating Dallas Cowboy player Orlando Scandrick, but she told her followers that a proposal and popping out more kids are the last things on her mind these days considering she’s more interested in expanding her online ventures.

But in the process of shooting down the idea of getting engaged and having more kids in the near future, it appears by her tweets that she made have thrown some shade Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade’s way.

She tweets (read from bottom to top):

draya twitter

In related news, Draya also shot down rumors suggesting her child’s father is former NBA player Javaris Crittenton. She tweets:

draya twitter 2

Spotted at Bossip

1. My 2 Cents

January 22, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I can’t believe I’m about to say this but PHUCK IT…Draya is absolutely right. Yes, being married is dope for men and women ONLY if your partner doesn’t have you out here looking stupid. And in Gabby’s case, her man keeps her looking stupid out here. I wish her the best but she’s not the smartest accepting him getting some other chick pregnant and trying to make it right with an engagement.

January 22, 2014 at 9:09 pm

At least she has a ring! No one will ever propose to Draya’s a-s!

• Get Busy

January 22, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Yo, please kill that “at least she has a ring” noise. It’s 2014. A woman is no loner validated by marriage. She’s only winning if she’s married to a man who respects her and saw her as marriage material before a break baby and before he impregnated her. Anything else is nonsense.

• And What?

January 22, 2014 at 9:16 pm

LOL thank you!

• Get Busy

January 22, 2014 at 9:18 pm

*no longer*

• The Truth

January 22, 2014 at 9:24 pm

THIS. A ring is worthless if it’s from a man that does not even respect you.

• Seriously?

January 22, 2014 at 9:25 pm

At least she has a ring? Really? *blank stare*

• Fanny

January 22, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Huh? So being cheated on is ok as long as you get the ring? I can’t.

• Nicole

January 22, 2014 at 9:39 pm

I can’t either. And won’t. LOL.

• Fanny

January 22, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Girl…lol

3. Get Busy

January 22, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I see no lies. But let’s tell the whole truth. Gabby isn’t the only one she threw some slick shade to. She also shaded the hell out of Ciara. Keep in mind that Future proposed to Ciara while she was pregnant. So her engagement is ratchet too to be honest. Even Kim K got a ring from Kanye after she had the baby.

• SMH

January 22, 2014 at 9:23 pm

LOL!

4. Fashionista

January 22, 2014 at 9:12 pm

LOL! Draya is a hot mess. She told the truth though. It’s trifling that some men will propose to a woman only after they mess up royally or knock them up. But the women tolerate it (and say yes) so it is what it is.

January 22, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I agree with Draya. I love to see people get married but it’s really messed up that some women are accepting rings after they were dogged out so badly. Self worth is on the decline. Smh.

6. Veronica

January 22, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Oh wow. That was cold but it’s the truth.

7. CiCi

January 22, 2014 at 9:19 pm

She says this now but if Orlando proposed she wouldn’t turn him down. LOL.

January 22, 2014 at 9:20 pm

But Draya needs to get her own house in order. She is messy too.

January 22, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Damn, Gabby better sit down and think all this through. Even Draya is looking smarter than her. That’s sad!

• Peachy

January 22, 2014 at 9:31 pm

True.

10. Ratchet Queen

January 22, 2014 at 9:22 pm

LMBO!!!!!

January 22, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Mind your own ratchet business Draya.

• Barbee

January 22, 2014 at 9:26 pm

lol

12. Oprah's Wig

January 22, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Damn.

13. Jamaica

January 22, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Welp…LOL!

14. Gabriella

January 22, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I am over here literally cracking up Gabrielle should feel like an even bigger fool now because even Draya taking shots at her lol. I can’t believe I’m say this but Draya is absolutely correct. I mean damn even somebody like Draya has certain standards out here lol. What does this say about Gabrielle. She should be embarrassed. Yikes!

January 22, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Gabby ought to be embarrassed. Even Draya is throwing shade. Smdh!

January 22, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Draya isn’t really much better off herself tho. Didn’t her man get exposed for cheating on her recently? He just hasn’t gotten the side chick pregnant…yet.

• Anonymous

January 22, 2014 at 11:05 pm

17. Uncontainable Spirit

January 23, 2014 at 1:12 am

Glass houses and stones like a MUG up in here!

January 23, 2014 at 5:16 am

I so feel Draya on this. I want to get married one day, but I damn sure don’t want to be proposed to just because I get knocked up or my man got some other woman pregnant. I just feel I deserve better than that. Say what you want about Draya, but she came a long way and she’s much smarter than she used to be. I see growth when I look at her life now and I’m happy for her. But as for me, I’m about this money and building my wealth until the right man and the right proposal comes along. No rush. I value myself too much to settle.

• Uncontainable Spirit

January 23, 2014 at 8:37 am

How are you going about building your wealth? I’m always interested in what others are doing to create wealth for themselves.

• Anonymous

January 23, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Busy work day. But I’m getting into investing and learning about the stock market. Eventually I want to own some kind of business, but for now I figured investing is a good start to building wealth. Do you have any suggestions? And are you building wealth too?

• ms. thang

January 23, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Vanguard has a great low fee index fund. it’s a great long term investment. index funds are basically a computer system that picks funds (think s&p 500) for you & no funds manager has ever beat the computer. CD’s & money market accounts (not money market savings) are great short term investment vehicles like if you need the money in 5 to 10 years. Buying a home when the interest rates are low & yes, getting married to someone who is earning a good salary that you can build a solid future with is a good investment as well unless he has to pay child support to someone he impregnanted while cheating (sorry Gabby). these are tips I picked up from people with money. feel free to rsch. also don’t be ashamed to be frugal.

19. Auriol

January 31, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I agree with darya on dis on dis one I don’t won’t no guy to proposed or married me cuz I’m pregnant I won’t a guy to married me for me n dat dey love me bt rite nw I’m workin on gettin my properties straight marriage anit even on my mind right nw