Being Mary Jane Recap: Niecy Gets into a Scuffle at the Club + Finally Cuts off Dante

Photo Credit: BET

Last night episode of “Being Mary Jane” went back to the basics, and focused in on Mary Jane’s family.

In particular, the episode focused on Niecy’s problematic relationship with Dante.

Here’s a recap of “Getting Served.”

1. Get Busy

February 15, 2017 at 11:14 am

This episode was much better than the previous ones but I did cringe a little at some of Niecy’s scenes.

• Veronica

February 15, 2017 at 3:06 pm

I mean Niecy has to be one of the most stereotypical characters on the show. They try to drown that out by making her come from a black family with money but it doesn’t make her any less cringe worthy.

February 15, 2017 at 11:18 am

I liked this episode much better than the others this season because they focused in on her family again. When they just focus on Mary Jane and her job, it’s very boring.

February 15, 2017 at 11:29 am

This show has gotten to be too dependent on stereotypes. I’m not feeling it anymore.

4. Deja

February 15, 2017 at 11:34 am

Yeah Mary Jane’s family makes the show. When they aren’t on an episode, I fall asleep.

5. Lay Lay

February 15, 2017 at 12:01 pm

If Niecy takes Dante again, I’m going to scream. I would like to finally see her character smarten up for real and grow.

6. Bee

February 15, 2017 at 12:04 pm

If anything I liked that they showed the reality of what happens when some people get settlements/large sums of money and spend so recklessly, and the reality of how the media will make you out to be a violent person deserving of bad treatment by police after an altercation. How many times have we seen a person’s character dragged through the mud after they’ve been victimized by police? I don’t watch the show regularly but I did enjoy this episode.

7. Viv

February 15, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Good episode.

8. Realness

February 15, 2017 at 1:23 pm

This was the best episode I’ve seen from this show in a while. Now I do get while some people were offended on Twitter, I do like the themes they touched on. Especially Jack and Jane. Overall, very good episode.

9. Fanny

February 15, 2017 at 1:36 pm

I really wanted to slap some sense into Niecy. It’s just one bad decision after the next with her.

10. Ms. Jackson

February 15, 2017 at 2:17 pm

All I could do is scream YAS when Niecy finally dragged her trash a-s baby daddy.

11. King Bey

February 15, 2017 at 3:10 pm

I think the season is finally getting better. Thank goodness.

12. Tea

February 15, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Amanda/UB do you watch The Quad? I love that show!! Please do a recap on that too. Back on topic: Niecy was actually likable this episode!! I hope she keeps evolving and learning from her mistakes!!

13. CiCi

February 15, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Man, this sounds like it was a good episode. I’ll have to watch it after work. I’ve been sitting it out this season but this write up is making me interested again.

February 15, 2017 at 3:59 pm

I don’t get this show. It just seems like it was created to mock black women.

15. Oprah's Wig

February 15, 2017 at 7:08 pm

I enjoyed this episode. If they continue to focus on Mary Jane’s family, just maybe the season has a chance to improve.