EXCLUSIVE: Tamera Mowry Didn't Shade Tamar Braxton on 'Daytime Divas'

EXCLUSIVE: Tamera Mowry Didn’t Shade Tamar Braxton on ‘Daytime Divas’

Photo Credit: Instagram

VH1’s new scripted show, “Daytime Divas” premiered last week, but it got lots of buzz on social media after some viewers felt the first episode may have included a little Tamar Braxton shade.

However, a source says that anyone who thinks Tamera was throwing shade is jumping to conclusions.

June 12, 2017 at 6:53 pm

I don’t think she was being shady either. But the producers who requested she be the one to read those lines knew what they were doing.

• Kimberly

June 12, 2017 at 7:05 pm

This is what I’m thinking.

• anon anon

June 12, 2017 at 7:40 pm

This.

• Realness

June 13, 2017 at 5:27 pm

This is what I’m thinking too. She was basically a pawn for ratings.

June 12, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Well the intended purpose of making it seem shady helped. Everyone was talking about it on Twitter. I’m sure the network is happy about the free publicity.

3. Im Sayin

June 12, 2017 at 7:12 pm

I mean she had to know what this would seem like though, right?

4. Lisa

June 13, 2017 at 6:12 am

She was booked for this very reason. Free publicity for a new show. Well played by vh1.

5. Lauren

June 13, 2017 at 10:08 am

Believable. That would be out of character for Tamera.

June 13, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Sorry, I think she knew what people would think. And she didn’t give a damn because she’s passive aggressive.

7. Guest2

June 13, 2017 at 6:04 pm

That’s exactly what I was saying. Both her and her sister keep a very low profile and have very good reputations in the public. They’re not about the drama, shenanigans and nonsense. I think Tamera was just reading the line as it was written. Now possibly, the writers may have been throwing shade but, not Tamera.

8. Fiona

June 14, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Ya’ll are making Tamar way more relevant than she really is. Imagine there was no The Real. Would that line still be relevant to the context of the scene? I think so. I know for people who feed off drama, its hard to believe that some people have no time for it in their lives. Tamera strikes me as one of those people so I believe her when she says there was no shade.