Issa Rae Responds to 'Insecure' Viewers Labeling Molly as a Hoe

Issa Rae Responds to ‘Insecure’ Viewers Labeling Molly as a Hoe

Photo Credit: Instagram

By: A.J. Niles

The season two finale of “Insecure” was a lot for viewers to process emotionally, especially since it seems like Lawrence and Issa are done for good.

However, many viewers took to social media to express their frustrations with Molly, especially since she made her way back to Dro, a childhood friend who happens to be married.

September 13, 2017 at 7:34 pm

But Molly is a hoe. So is Issa, Lawrence, Dro, etc.

2. Realness

September 13, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Molly has issues. And for this Amy person to try to make it seem like there’s anything admirable about her using s-x to cope with her issues is weird to me. Notice how Molly always uses her body to cope after life doesn’t go the way she wants it to. That’s not an empowered person. That’s someone who is need of years of therapy.

3. Yoshi

September 13, 2017 at 7:46 pm

I don’t think anyone on the show is pure when it comes to s-x. But does Issa not go to Molly to learn how to hoe? I think that in itself says a lot.

• Babygirl

September 13, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Exactly. I mean did they forget what they wrote?

September 13, 2017 at 7:50 pm

The finale made me want Issa and Lawrence back together. But I’m assuming that’s not going to happen now. If not, it would be nice to see her in another relationship. I’m not really feeling the hoe phase angle.

September 13, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Oh please Molly been a hoe since season one. People get on my nerves with this double standard talk like we weren’t all calling Lawrence a hoe when he had that struggle thr–some. It is what it is.

6. D. Val

September 14, 2017 at 6:09 am

This feedback wasn’t good. And the double standard thing won’t work in this case because Dro is married. So yes, if a man were doing the same thing, I’d consider him a hoe as well. Issa is most certainly right about her character’s interactions with Daniel tho… and it’s quite annoying that she’s sabotaging a potentially good situation.

September 14, 2017 at 7:34 am

Whatever. They know damn well Molly is a hoe and always has been. It would be nice if she has some actual growth and character development but I won’t hold my breath. Season two was a letdown.

8. Erica

September 14, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I think Issa needs to stop wasting Daniel’s time.