Tammy Rivera Defends Waka Flocka's Statements on Not Being Black

Tammy Rivera Defends Waka Flocka’s Statements on Not Being Black

Photo Credit: Instagram

By: A.J. Niles

Despite the controversy behind Waka Flocka saying he isn’t black, Tammy Rivera is staying by his side.

During a recent Hot 97 FM interview, Tammy explained Waka Flocka’s thought process behind his beliefs. She also spoke to how she identifies as an Afro-Latina.

October 18, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Girl if you say so.

2. Mona

October 18, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Books? Waka got that mess from YouTube.

3. Angie

October 18, 2017 at 8:59 pm

My father is black and my mother is Puerto Rican and guess what? I say I’m black and Puerto Rican. I claim both sides! I also know that mother despite her pale skin, has Spaniard, Taino, and African blood in her. Waka can miss me with that he isn’t African-American left, chances are if he were to do a DNA test, he would have more African blood than native.

October 19, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Waka has African blood in him. And it’s not a bad thing. Africa is nothing to be ashamed of.

5. deb

October 19, 2017 at 10:53 pm

I think he didn’t have his thoughts together, I don’t think he meant he’s not black per say cause he is definitely that a maybe a little bit of Indian and some white. It would be safer for him to simply say he’s colored if he’s got to say anything, nobody asked him so, I doubt anybody cares……

6. Pretty Nikole

October 26, 2017 at 10:10 am

Well said. I kinda got what Waka said without hearing an interview. The funny thing is most of us are not just one race.Well said Tammy. I don’t think Waka meant to be disrespectful. Thanks for clarifying for us Tammy. Love her music;keep doing your thing Tammy. Thank you Tammy for making a lane for us Educated,Classy,Sometime can be Hood Ratch;Go hard for our man type of chicks!