LHHNY Ratings Drop

LHHNY Ratings Drop

Photo Credit: VH1

By: A.J. Niles

Season 8 of “Love and Hip Hop New York” is just three episodes in, but recent data shows that the fans have been dropping off.

In fact, ratings for the VH1 reality show fell to lows that haven’t been a factor since season three.

1. Ms. Jackson

November 15, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Of course. Sh-t is trash.

November 15, 2017 at 7:17 pm

I think Mona needs to stop having the same damn storylines every season. Changing up the people doesn’t matter if it’s always going to be the same storylines no matter which city. The love triangle thing has been done to death! Remy is boring and really needs to move on from the show anyway since she’s popping now. Yandy is fake and she’s not interesting without the baby mamas. Nobody is buying the fake beef she has with Judy! Bri and Bianca are both talented but their little feud is dry too! And Mariahlynn tries so hard, bless her heart! But it’s a no for me dawg!

3. Peachy

November 15, 2017 at 7:25 pm

This doesn’t surprise me. I really have not been motivated to watch.

4. Fashionista

November 15, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Hollywood was actually better surprisingly. Time for a cast revamp.

5. Realness

November 15, 2017 at 7:37 pm

I think the big issue is Mona. She has a lot of favorites and she won’t fire them even if they bring nothing to her shows. Like why is Yandy still on this show? And Mona gets into personal beefs with people, which causes the interesting people to quit the show (Chrissy, Jim, Joseline). And instead of being professional and talking things out so her shows won’t suffer, she lets her ego win, which makes it easier for people to quit her shows. And lets not forget how she likes to issue out passive clap backs on Instagram with the talent if they don’t kiss her butt. She needs to get over herself and only then will her shows get interesting again.

• Anon

November 15, 2017 at 8:33 pm

I’m still trying to understand why Rasheeda and Kirk are still on LHHATL. Especially when they have been faking their storylines for years!

• Lisa

November 16, 2017 at 6:44 am

I agree with all of this.

6. Yeah I Said It!

November 15, 2017 at 7:42 pm

I’m going to give it one more chance before I just stop watching.

November 15, 2017 at 8:03 pm

It’s just not good this season. Hopefully Miami and Atlanta will bring it.

November 15, 2017 at 11:04 pm

They need to go ahead and cancel the NY one. It hasn’t been good since Chrissy and Jim left.