Atlanta Season 2 Episode 7 Recap: Champagne Papi

‘Atlanta’ Recap: Van Searches for Drake + Episode Tackles Black Men Dating White Women

Photo Credit: FX Networks

By: A.J. Niles

On last night’s episode of “Atlanta,” Van heads out with her girls for New Year’s Eve. They head to a party that’s promoted as hosted by Drake.

It’s too bad the party is nothing as advertised.

April 13, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Terrible episode. That white woman scene was just bad. Wow.

April 13, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Donald Glover did a lot of projecting on this episode. We get it. He’s not into black women and he feels we weren’t interested in him before he blew up. But don’t shade us. We are the ones watching your show and making it successful. Not just black men.

3. Nessa

April 13, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Hated this episode. The only good thing about it was Darius. They really want to make it seem like black women are pressed about them being with white women. I’m so over it.

4. Chelly

April 13, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Did Donald write this episode? I know he has two children with a white woman.

5. Peachy

April 13, 2018 at 2:07 pm

I have some issues with Van as a character. She’s not a good friend. How do you leave your high friend at a party alone like that? Sure she ended up with Darius but that could have ended badly. And I also think it’s awful that she won’t move on from Earn when he’ literally a bum. Does she not understand she can do better?

6. Deja

April 13, 2018 at 2:37 pm

After last week, I expected much more than this. Plus they also make Van seem like a bird.

7. Honey

April 13, 2018 at 2:48 pm

I waited for something major to happen and was bored. I think Van is just a boring character.

8. Ms. Jackson

April 13, 2018 at 3:01 pm

Sh-tty episode.

April 13, 2018 at 4:38 pm

Darius is a gem.

April 13, 2018 at 5:34 pm

Show is jumping the shark this season. Way too out there and this episode was written to shade black women.