Quantcast
Caption This: Are Groupies Your Role Models?

Caption This

Caption This: Are Groupies Your Role Models?

When all else fails, put groupies on the cover of your magazine and call them role models.

It’s clear that reality television stars aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. So eventually they become magazine cover worthy for most publications still trying to stay heavy in the business. Vibe magazine knows these interesting young women aren’t necessarily your role models, but they make you angry enough to sell just enough magazines to keep them relevant in a time when magazines are being killed off by blogs.

It’s a scary time for the magazine publishing business, but do you think we’ve gotten to the point where these reality stars are role models to somebody else, may be a lot younger than you?

Does it make you angry that Evelyn Lozada can throw a bottle of wine at a person and get her on television show out of the deal and magazine cover just to spite you?

In a time where classy and educated women are outnumbered by video vixens and professional athlete chasing groupies, where do we go from here?

Caption this.

20120523-194958.jpg

1. Ha

May 23, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Kandi: “Maybe no one will notice that I’m only here because NeNe couldn’t be.”

• Gia

May 23, 2012 at 8:25 pm

LMAO! Yeah, Kandi definitely sticks out like a sore thumb. She’s actually a real business woman and has a legitimate come up. She also carries herself better. So it does make you wonder if she’s only there because NeNe didn’t want to be a part of it. Everyone is controversial, except Kandi.

May 23, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Evelyn says- “I’m finally getting my money’s worth from these double D’s.”

May 23, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Look at all the reality tv sell outs. All that neck rolling, weave snatching, and drink throwing finally landed them a magazine cover. interesting.

4. Big Homie

May 23, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Looks like Vibe has fallen off. Hard.

5. Lisa

May 23, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Kandi- “I smell something. Someone’s breath stinks.” LOL. Kandi’s my girl but she has some weird way of holding her mouth open. It always looks like she smells sh-t in every scene she’s in.

6. A

May 23, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Tamar: “I am only here because I talked about giving one of my band mates fellatio on my reality show.”

7. CiCi

May 23, 2012 at 8:29 pm

How old is Chrissy again? 50? smh!

8. Anon

May 23, 2012 at 8:32 pm

This makes me never want to pick up another issue of Vibe again. It really does feel like all the blogs have killed off the original black magazines. I can’t believe they are being featured on the covers now. I know everyone has to eat but this is just sad.

9. Peachy

May 23, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Goodness Chrissy has a lot of tattoos on her legs, Cute girl but too many tattoos isn’t a good look for someone her age.

10. Deidra

May 23, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Tamar: “So am I no longer just Toni Braxton’s sister now?” (Controversy sells y’all. )

11. Fashionista

May 23, 2012 at 8:41 pm

What in the world does Chrissy have on? Beyonce wears a leotard in a couple of her music videos and it takes chicks damn near a decade to retire them out their wardrobes. Help us all.

12. Pingback: Kandi Burruss Talks About Role Model Backlash From Vibe Magazine Cover