Quantcast
Toya Wright Explains Why You'll Never See Her on 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'

Toya Wright Explains Why You’ll Never See Her on ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’

By: Taren Vaughan

Toya Wright has had her dose of reality TV, starring in a show alongside her good friend Tameka “Tiny” Harris and “Toya: A Family Affair,” a reality show her family members and husband Memphitz were apart of. As with any other reality TV show, Toya dealt with a little drama here and there but none like what went down between her and K. Michelle. Showing a side of her that most aren’t used to seeing, Toya found herself locked in aheated Twitter/Instagram beef with K. Michelle, one that resulted in a threat being thrown her way and a filed lawsuit from her husband, the alleged abuser that K. Michelle previously dated. Though the drama between Toya, K. Michelle and Memphitz has died down, for now, Toya still continues to go on interviews, but not to shade K. and her claims of her husband, but to discuss the opportunity that she had to join Nene Leakes and company. In a recent interview that she did with Sister 2 Sister, Toya revealed that she considered becoming apart of Real Housewives of Atlanta, saying she even interviewed with them:

“I interviewed for the ‘Housewives,’ but I’m so used to doing shows with my producer, James DuBose, and being an executive producer on a show so I’m able to see how they portray me,”

Toya said though that she didn’t go through with it because she didn’t want to tarnish her good image:

“I work so hard to build such a positive brand and to just let people know who I am. I don’t want to mess that up,”

For she knows what can happen when producers want to spice things up for entertainment purposes:

“With the producers it’s about making good TV and some of them don’t really care about your personal life, as long as it’s something interesting for the cameras and something they can take to the next level to make juicy, they’re going to do it,”

Toya Wright has experienced reality TV shows before. But it sounds like she’s not up for the craziness that tends to goes down on some of the other ones.

1. CiCi

October 18, 2012 at 9:44 am

Interesting, So she didn’t think it was a bad look when Memphitz was tweeting those photos of her in a bra? Or when she was shading K. Michelle every chance she got? That’s not being positive either. Toya is not too good to be on that ratchet a– show. She’ll fit right in.

2. O-La

October 18, 2012 at 9:45 am

I really hate that Toya thinks so much of herself.

• Gia

October 18, 2012 at 10:15 am

LOL this!

October 18, 2012 at 9:47 am

Your husband just got outed for being a woman beater. Your brand is no longer positive sweetie.

• Olivia

October 18, 2012 at 9:52 am

Are we sure her husband beat that woman?

• Anonymous

October 18, 2012 at 9:56 am

Any grown man that will get on Twitter and tell the woman he’s accused of beating that he “made them” raises a red flag for me. I don’t think K. Michelle is lying.

• Sasha Macc

October 18, 2012 at 10:03 am

I think that little loudmouth K. Michelle was lying through those fixed teeth of hers. What she needs to do is give up that lie and fix her nasty attitude before she never gets another gig.

• Lauren

October 18, 2012 at 10:13 am

By your name alone, I can tell that you are a Toya stan. BIRDS of a feather…

4. 404

October 18, 2012 at 9:49 am

LOL she actually thought her lil shows on BET were a good look?! Even TIP pulled Tiny off that mess. And the show she had with her fam was embarrassing. But she’s too good for RHOA. I can’t with this chick.

5. Barbee

October 18, 2012 at 9:50 am

I don’t really care for Toya but I can’t say I don’t understand where she’s coming from. Producers will f-ck up your whole life for ratings. LOL.

6. Ratchet Queen

October 18, 2012 at 9:52 am

As tacky as her and her woman beating husband is, I don’t understand how she’s too good for RHOA.

7. incognegro

October 18, 2012 at 9:53 am

Why is Toya even famous? If she was never connected to the Gremlin Lil Wayne, she would have nothing.

8. Meeka

October 18, 2012 at 9:54 am

Toya still got pimped out by BET. That show was a hot ghetto mess. She can write as many help books as she wants, the way she handled the whole thing with K. Michelle was very bird like. She’s not above RHOA.

9. Rachel

October 18, 2012 at 9:57 am

LOL, Toya hangs around all those birds (Kandi, Rasheeda, Tiny, Tamar) but she can’t be on RHOA? Girl BYE! You are not as classy as you think you are.

10. Nicole

October 18, 2012 at 9:59 am

LOL whatever Toya. Your little stans on Twitter have really hyped you up.

11. Gloria

October 18, 2012 at 10:01 am

She made good points but after the whole thing with K. Michelle, I’m sure that point will only fall on deaf ears. One of the biggest mistakes she could have ever made was going at it with K. Michelle. She lost a lot of support that way.

12. Oprah's Wig

October 18, 2012 at 10:06 am

I’m mad that these reality chicks think they are so inspirational and deep. Toya your show was on BET for God’s sake. Have a seat.

13. WhatWhat

October 18, 2012 at 10:09 am

She wouldn’t even have a platform had she not f-cked Lil Wayne though. What brand does she really have?

14. Jessica

October 18, 2012 at 10:14 am

This is why reality television needs to die off. I’m tired of all these talentless and no business skills having females thinking they are more important than they really are. It’s so annoying.

October 18, 2012 at 10:15 am

Sigh…I guess.

16. Shayla

October 18, 2012 at 10:19 am

LOL at some of these comments. SMH!