Quantcast
First Look: Tamera & Tamar Get Raw for 'The Real' Talk Show

First Look: Tamera & Tamar Get Raw for ‘The Real’ Talk Show

Photo Credit: Fox/YouTube

Photo Credit: FOX/YouTube

“The View” is one of the most successful daytime talk shows to have ever done it. The reason the formula works so well for the ABC show is because it features a diverse panel of women. But because of the show’s huge success, numerous networks have tried to create their own version of the show, and so far only “The Talk” has been able to gain some ground on Barbara Walter’s brainchild. Well that was of course before Tamera Mowry-Housley and Tamar Braxton decided to throw their hats into the ring.

As we reported recently, Tamera Housley, Tamar Braxton, Adrienne Bailon, Loni Love and Jeannie Mai are taking their chances with “The Real.” The show will get a test run on FOX, and so far the network is describing the new show as the urban version of “The View.”

All of the ladies claim they also intend to not only bring a little more diversity to the daytime talk circuit, but they also want to be the voice for the younger generation of women. And to do that, they plan to get very open and “real” with their opinions on various topics such as celebrities, current events, and even sex/relationships.

The network released a sneak peek of the show, and in the clip so far the ladies are staying true to their word about being real. Tamera even reveals she dated Family Guy’s creator Seth MacFarlane (and made him love black girls), while Tamar claims her outspokenness is forever and can’t be filtered.

“The Real” premieres July 15, here are the showtimes listed on the show’s website:

the real showtimes

So far we like what we see, but you be the judge. Will you be watching?

1. Patti Mayonnaise

June 14, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Great. More clucking chickens on daytime TV. Thank goodness I won’t be watching it. I may need to pull my hair out.

• Gabriella

June 14, 2013 at 2:04 pm

LOL!!!!

• Jessica

June 14, 2013 at 2:12 pm

LOL damn.

• wendy

June 14, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I’m trying to find this show….Im im Wisconsin,milwaukee …lol oh yeah LVU IT

• MissTruthHurts

July 8, 2013 at 11:38 am

Yeah well NOW I really dont feel bad about talking about Tia Mowry & how funny looking she is & how ugly her baby is……She dated a disgusting racist & claimed she made him love “black girls”…f*ck outta here…He cant stand blacks! Oh and Tia is hardly a great representation of “black girls”….and please don’t let me find out thats where he gets all that f**cked up information about black people…I will be tossing hot coffee in that b!tch face if I EVER meet her.

• HavingAGooDay

August 18, 2013 at 9:42 am

Uhhhh this article is about Tamera not Tia *cue Twilight Zone music*

2. WhatWhat

June 14, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Another version of The View…when will it stop? LOL. I’ll check it out though.

3. Anon

June 14, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I’ll give it a chance. I like Tamera so that’s why.

4. Fanny

June 14, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I’m actually kind of excited about this. #shrugs

5. Troll

June 14, 2013 at 2:07 pm

PASS!!!! I’m so tried of these “urban” versions of The View. The View doesn’t need an urban version. There’s two black women on The View for crying out loud! Why does no one mention that? I’d love something original!

6. Rachel

June 14, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I’ll give it a chance. But I will say the video hasn’t done much to excite me.

7. Morgan

June 14, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Tamar has met her match in Loni Love. That will not end well. LOL.

8. Yoshi

June 14, 2013 at 2:13 pm

My question is who put all these women together? So many mismatches.

• Ms. Jackson

June 14, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Agreed. Tamera and Tamar? That’s just weird. And where did Adrienne Bailon come from? That is random.

June 14, 2013 at 2:15 pm

It looks ok. Just ok. They probably should have put a better video together.

10. SL

June 15, 2013 at 4:29 pm

the difference between the view and this…is THE REALness.. I dont watch any reality shows or the view, I will be watching this tho.. The big girl is going to make it hella funny