Quantcast
Kanye West Talks Kim Kardashian, Fatherhood & Music Career

Music

Kanye Opens up About Kim Kardashian, Fatherhood & Music Career

Photo Credit: Nick Knight

Photo Credit: Nick Knight

Kanye West talks Kim Kardashian in an interview finally. Kanye has already made it clear he does not like the paparazzi, and after the whole Taylor Swift situation went down, he pretty much decided he didn’t want to give anymore interviews. Instead, the rapper has opted to take to his music and on stage rants to share his feelings with the world, and it’s apparent with his new album “Yeezus” that Kanye has a message he’s anxious to get through to the masses with his new music. Kanye actually did a rare interview with the New York Times the other day and in the interview he discusses his music career, his very public relationship with reality star Kim Kardashian and even fatherhood. Here are some of the highlights of the interview.

On his beef with the Grammys, he says:

“‘[My Beautiful] Dark [Twisted] Fantasy’ and ‘Watch the Throne’: neither was nominated for Album of the Year, and I made both of those in one year. I don’t know if this is statistically right, but I’m assuming I have the most Grammys of anyone my age, but I haven’t won one against a white person.

“But the thing is, I don’t care about the Grammys; I just would like for the statistics to be more accurate.”

Kanye also touched on the Taylor Swift incident and says his apology was forced, a result of peer pressure:

“Yeah, I think that I have like, faltered, you know, as a human. My message isn’t perfectly defined. I have, as a human being, fallen to peer pressure.”

Kanye also makes some mention of his relationship with Kim, but also admits he just loves to be in relationships because relationships help him creatively:

“Any woman that you’re in love with or that loves you is going to command a certain amount of, you know, energy. It’s actually easier to focus, in some ways.

“Yeah, that’s what I mean when I say like, “Yo, I’m going to be super Zenned out like, five years from now.” I’m the type of rock star that likes to have a girlfriend, you know? I’m the type of soul that likes to be in love and likes to be able to focus. And that inspires me.”

Kanye talks about the backlash he received for throwing out clothes from Kim’s closet on her reality show:

“That was from a place of love. It’s hard when people read things in a lot of different ways. You know, the amount of backlash I got from it is when I decided to not be on the show anymore. And it’s not that I have an issue with the show; I just have an issue with the amount of backlash that I get. Because I just see like, an amazing person that I’m in love with that I want to help.”

The rapper also has an emotional moment when his mother is brought up:

“Yeah, because my mother was — you know, I have family, but I was with my mother 80 percent of the time. My mom was basically — [pause]”

On fatherhood, Kanye says:

“That is a really interesting, powerful question. One of the things was just to be protective, that I would do anything to protect my child or my child’s mother. As simple as that.

“I don’t want to explain too much into what my thoughts on, you know, fatherhood are, because I’ve not fully developed those thoughts yet. I don’t have a kid yet.”

Kanye also makes it clear he does want privacy for his child:

“Yeah. Well, I just don’t want to talk to America about my family. Like, this is my baby. This isn’t America’s baby.”

1. Meeka

June 12, 2013 at 9:45 am

It sounds like he’s lost himself in this interview. A lot of it sounded like he was talking in circles. And he talks about Kim like she’s an object.

• Anonymous

June 12, 2013 at 9:54 am

She IS his object. She’s his “perfect b-tch” remember? She’s not even a woman to him.

2. Irene

June 12, 2013 at 9:46 am

I love this nutcase. This interview was epic!

3. Oprah's Wig

June 12, 2013 at 9:47 am

The man has issues. And he doesn’t talk like he’s in love at all. Kim is a fool for letting this one shoot up in her vag.

• Barbee

June 12, 2013 at 9:52 am

LOL @ shoot up in her vag.

4. Peachy

June 12, 2013 at 9:49 am

I’ll put my money on Kanye being emotionally abusive to all the women he dates.

5. anon anon

June 12, 2013 at 9:51 am

He said nothing really. It just sounds like he’s really full of himself and unable to acknowledge he’s getting ready to be a father. He doesn’t sound excited at all.

6. incognegro

June 12, 2013 at 9:53 am

I never thought Kanye could get any crazier but he did. Thank you Kimmy and Kris!

7. Ollie

June 12, 2013 at 9:54 am

He succumbed to peer pressure to apologize to Taylor Swift? LOL!

June 12, 2013 at 9:54 am

He doesn’t even want to think about fatherhood yet…sounds like regret. Wow.

9. Donnie

June 12, 2013 at 9:56 am

So does anybody understand what he was saying about Kim in this interview?

• incognegro

June 12, 2013 at 10:03 am

I barely did. He really seems to be in need of meds.

• Patti Mayonnaise

June 12, 2013 at 10:07 am

Ha!!!

10. WhatWhat

June 12, 2013 at 9:56 am

Kanye doesn’t have any respect for Kim. He treats her like a science project. He didn’t even spend his birthday with her. She looks so stupid right now. And this is the man she was smashing while she was with Reggie and Kris. Karma is a real b-tch.

• Flo

June 12, 2013 at 9:58 am

PREACH!

11. Rick Grimes

June 12, 2013 at 10:00 am

Kanye needs serious help ASAP.

12. Patti Mayonnaise

June 12, 2013 at 10:05 am

I need him and Kim to just go away.

13. Evelyn

June 12, 2013 at 10:17 am

Kanye is a mad genius. His album is going to be amazing!!! Yall need to back up off of him a bit.

• Patti Mayonnaise

June 12, 2013 at 10:30 am

Back off of Kanye? We didn’t make Kanye drop his seed in Kim Kardashian’s oven? We didn’t make him get drunk in 09 and bum rush the stage during Swift’s acceptance speech. I didn’t do anything to that man to make him do those stupid things.

Go have a seat.

14. ladiinikki

June 12, 2013 at 11:57 am

Ok, I see a few things here. First, I’ve told people that ever since his mom died unexpectedly, Kanye lost every bit of sense that he had. This guy is still hurting from the death of his mom, and that’s why I think that he’s the way that he is now. Second, he says that he doesn’t have a kid. Correction: You have an unborn child. Third, regarding the whole Taylor Swift incident, I too believe that he was peer pressured into apologizing. Kanye may have had a little Henny that night when he jumped on stage, but he said what most of us were thinking anyway…lol. And finally, this “Hollyweird” relationship between him and Kim is a mess. He just admitted that he is not gonna marry Kim (not that I would encourage that with these two, but Momma Jenner might have marriage in her crosshairs). He said that he’s likes to have a girlfriend, so Kimmy is just gonna be another “baby momma”.

15. nyc girl

June 13, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Kim played her self with this A hole.. He is so into him self that he can’t share his world with the baby girl that’s on the way, and the situation on Taylor Swift how sad that he’s pretending to be an adult only real men can that they F—ked up and say sorry ,but not this idiot I would be ashamed if he were my son. lol lol horse face B–ch… Plzzzz this clown needs help.