Jada Pinkett Smith Defends Jaden Smith for Telling Kids to Drop out of School?

Jada Pinkett Smith Defends Jaden Smith for Telling Kids to Drop out of School?

Photo Credit: Facebook

Photo Credit: Facebook

Jaden Smith is one of the children to two of the biggest stars in Hollywood, and with that kind of upbringing, it’s no surprise the teenager is the target of public scrutiny quite often. Just as his younger sister Willow, Jaden has made headlines for saying and doing things deemed controversial by the media and mainstream America; however, Jada Pinkett Smith said recently that she is confident her children won’t grow up to be spoiled and troubled like most of the children of Hollywood’s leading stars. Interestingly enough, Jaden is getting a lot of backlash for his recent comments about school, and the young actor angered many when he claimed on Twitter that school is useless and only “brainwashes” kids. He then said kids would be better off dropping out of school.

Jada has always been open about her thoughts on people being criticized for the things they say and do, and it’s not unheard of for her to take to her Facebook page to express her opinions. But the timing of her most recent Facebook posts has many thinking she could be cryptically defending her son’s latest Twitter controversy. Jada writes:

We continually forget that life is about discovering ourselves and our purpose. We spend so much time criticising one another for the decisions or inevitable pitfalls along the way that we forget that making mistakes, falling, failing and getting up again is exactly what life is about. Instead we try to use criticism as a way to pretend that we don’t fall, we don’t make mistakes or struggle, we pretend we have it ALL together, when we don’t. None of us have it all together. At some point I hope we all get to what’s real and surrender to the fact that we are all in the same boat, discovering and trying to figure out this thing called life so we might as well support each other along the way.

Just remember, you’re good, no matter what anyone else says. You are right where you need to be today. Keep living. The answers will come and be patient with yourself and others while we all…discover.

September 16, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I love Jada, but I can’t sit here and agree with her supporting Jaden on this. He should be in school himself and these kids are growing up way too fast. Yes kids should be encouraged to be themselves, but this was just too much.

2. Peachy

September 16, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Aright Jada, you better hope everyone is wrong about your kids. Because the signs of what they will become do not look good.

3. Yeah I Said It!

September 16, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Neither Jaden or his sis seem to care for school. But they don’t have to get out and get real jobs like most people, so maybe that’s what the root of all of it is coming from. They are ignorant to real life.

• Gabriella

September 16, 2013 at 12:35 pm

They don’t value education because I remember watching 106&park right around the time whip my hair was out and Willow could barely read.

4. ANONYMOUS

September 16, 2013 at 12:05 pm

The kids are going to be out of control! I knew Jada and Will dropped the ball when I saw those kids hanging around the Kardashians.

September 16, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Bad parenting. Period.

6. Nola

September 16, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Well Jaden has been brainwashed by the Kardashians…so…

7. Jamaica

September 16, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Oh Jada. What will you do when Willow become Miley Cyrus in a few years and when Jaden ends up lazy and unemployed because Will can no longer afford to buy his son movie roles?

8. Veronica

September 16, 2013 at 12:09 pm

All I can say is we will see in a few years who was right, Jada/Will or society. I personally think Jaden was out of line. He has fans in school and he’s telling them to drop out? Insane.

9. Gabriella

September 16, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Ok Jada is starting to sound like one of those scientology nuts. No way to justify this Jada do your job as a parent and stop making excuses for your child.

• Anon

September 16, 2013 at 12:16 pm

You and me are >>>>HERE<<<<!

September 16, 2013 at 12:11 pm

WTF does he even have Twitter? Why does he date one of those Kardashian tramps in training? I just don’t think I would be ok with my child doing either.

11. Lay Lay

September 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I’m from the old school. I don’t think kids should raise themselves. Obviously, Jada and Will think differently. They think it’s cute now, but they will see in about 10 years they had this so wrong. And it’s going to be a sad situation. Kids need parents, not friends and not people who consider them to be grown already.

12. Moe

September 16, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Wow. Really Jada?

13. Get Busy

September 16, 2013 at 12:16 pm

He’s her child and her problem. How she raises her kids is her right. #shrugs

• laoshir

January 4, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Relax get busy. Chill.

14. Heather B.

September 16, 2013 at 12:17 pm

SMH. Time to be parents Will and Jada.

15. thatairforcechick

September 16, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Jada must be on the stuff because there is no way in hell she should condone this type of behavior. Her son can’t act worth a sh*t and Willow and him both look clueless about life and their surroundings. Will needs to put the “backpage” down and step in

16. King

September 16, 2013 at 2:12 pm

PSHH Schools do brainwash your kids….why would I train my children to be subservient when I could train them to open their own? You people are stupid.

• Lez

September 16, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Actually, you’re stupid. It’s not the schools that are brainwashing people you dimwit, it’s television and music controlled by the suits who own the same institutions paying Will and Jada. And Will and Jada are Scientologists and don’t even think for themselves anymore either. They have joined the cult.

People go to school so they can work a job and provide for themselves. Jaden’s dumb a-s will never have to do that because his daddy pays millions to secure him movie roles. He will never be able to provide for himself. He can’t even get a movie role himself! We’ll see where he ends up in about 15 years. My guess is he’ll be just as pathetic as Rob Kardashian. Hell, he already hangs with his family. Why not?

And you’re just as stupid as Jaden is. Most of the world’s most independent thinkers and entrepreneurs went to school idiot. Steve Jobs went to school. Bill Gates went to school. The founders of Google went to school. They went somewhere and LEARNED something. I wouldn’t own my own business had I not went to school first. Hell, I learned math and learned how to invest because of SCHOOL. Willow doesn’t even know how to add and subtract. Had Will and Jada not been her parents, then what? Now keep fawning over the kid who lives off handouts from mommy and daddy. Meanwhile, I’m more impressed with the young black boy I just read about that used what he LEARNED IN SCHOOL to open up his own Ice Cream business in Georgia. I guess you’d say his mom was stupid for letting him go to school to be brainwashed into entrepreneurship.

Idiot.