Quantcast
K. Michelle Gets Slammed by Fans over Religious Beliefs?

Music

K. Michelle Gets Slammed by Fans over Religious Beliefs?

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Former “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta” star K. Michelle has managed to do what most reality stars can’t, and that’s using her television fame to create a successful music career. In fact, K. Michelle’s debut studio album “Rebellious Soul” actually outperformed in first week sales against established R&B singers Kelly Rowland and Ciara. And even though K. Michelle’s music career seems to be only getting better and she’s soaring as a solo artist, she still has reality television in the palm of her hands. K. Michelle will not only be on the upcoming season of “Love and Hip Hop New York,” but she landed her very own reality show and it’s set to premiere in the fall and Elle Varner will join her.

K. Michelle’s relatable music and the loyalty of her fans are the main reasons K. Michelle’s album is doing so well, but she may have disappointed quite a few of them the other day after she posted a photo that seemed pretty innocent at first.

The singer has been happily dating NBA player Lance Stephenson of the Indiana Pacers, and she posted a photo of one of their romantic nights. In the photo, K. Michelle showed her fans that they would be eating a romantic dinner and enjoying some wine. However, her fans paid more attention to the small Buddha statue she had by her lit candles. She posted the following photo and caption:

k. michelle buddha

Cooking a nice dinner, baking, nice glass of wine, and Fresh flowers A grown and sexy kind of night. #NoStress

Some of the singer’s fans made it clear they were not happy she had a Buddha statue in her home and they slammed what they thought was her confirmation of opposite religious beliefs than theirs. Angry fans write:

Buddha That’s the prob U need. JESUS!!!!

U better stop praying to Buddha and pray to God!

but if she’s a firm believer in God then she wont have that in her house period Now some of yall need to crack up a bible not a book & read because if u did u would know that God is a jealous God & u should serve no one but him I love @kmichellemusic but I don’t condone this statue being in her house

K. Michelle hasn’t responded to the criticism as of yet, but judging by her past Twitter behavior, we wouldn’t be surprised if she did.

1. Noel

September 8, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Not everyone who has a Buddha statue in their home practices the religion. For many, it’s a symbol of maintaing peace and tranquility in their lives!

• Anonymous

September 8, 2013 at 5:10 pm

But isn’t Jesus supposed to be representation of peace, faith and tranquility too?

• Tosha

September 8, 2013 at 5:20 pm

You need to open up your Bible and do some research.

• Sheila

September 8, 2013 at 5:24 pm

LIES.

2. Shannon

September 8, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I think she is a Christian. She probably just think it’s cute to have that on her house. She’s not the only one.

• Shannon

September 8, 2013 at 5:07 pm

*thinks

September 8, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I don’t care what she does or if she isn’t a Christian. I’m only a fan for the music.

4. Lisha

September 8, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I’ve seen some Christians do this. They don’t seem to understand that they aren’t supposed to have that in their house if they serve Jesus. He’s a jealous God.

September 8, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Yet another celebrity displaying their religious ignorance. For the record, K. Michelle is a Christian. Just not very smart.

6. Get Busy

September 8, 2013 at 5:15 pm

People are so damn judgmental. Who cares if she has a Buddha statue in her home? And? What does that have to do with being a fan? People need to get laid and smoke a blunt. Chill out. We’re too quick to get offended these days.

• Tosha

September 8, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Why is your answer to everything to have sex and do drugs? There’s a better way to cope with the world than sin.

• Gia

September 8, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Cosign.

• Seriously?

September 8, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Yeah. You’re definitely a Rihanna fan.

7. Ms. Jackson

September 8, 2013 at 5:16 pm

LOL. They better chill out before K. Michelle drags their a-ses. She is not to be played with.

• Jamaica

September 8, 2013 at 5:27 pm

That was before she had a man. LOL.

September 8, 2013 at 5:17 pm

A lot of people have no idea what the Buddha statues symbolizes. But I will say you won’t see Buddhists with Jesus statues in their homes. Muslims either. Think about it.

• Barbee

September 8, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Thank you! I love K. but she’s very misinformed if she thinks that’s ok. But she’s not alone. I’ve seen several Christians do this.

September 8, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Christians are some of the most hypocritical people in the world. Now why would you have a buddha statue in your home and that’s not your religion? Because most of you are lost!

10. Tosha

September 8, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Our God is a very jealous God. If you serve Jesus, there’s no reason to have a statue of any other god. The Buddhists view Buddha as we view Jesus. They worship him. They pray to him. So a Christian should not have this in their home. You cannot serve two gods.

September 8, 2013 at 5:26 pm

It’s amazing how Christians always forget the part of their religion that tells them NOT to be judgmental.

• Get Busy

September 8, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Exactly. It’s the strangest thing. They follow everything except the actual teachings of Jesus Christ.

September 8, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I thought it was just decorative art. #shrugs

13. HowAboutThat

September 8, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I’m only concerned about her music.

14. jawanda

September 8, 2013 at 8:30 pm

The same reasons Christians have crosses on. Isnt it a graven image? And thats a sin. Stop judging people when 95% of christians do not even believe in Jesus

• something2say

September 9, 2013 at 1:10 am

I agree with the graven image statement; however, you lost me with your 95% stat. :-/ Either way I think she is using it for decor…….

• the ITgirl

September 9, 2013 at 8:15 am

Well if they don’t believe in Jesus, they wouldn’t be a CHRISTian, which by definition means follower of Christ. Please have a seat.

15. Stephanie Cross

September 8, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Not every black person or black celebrity is a Christian. Half of the people talking about cracking open the Bible and doing research haven’t even read the bible from cover to cover, let alone one page of it. I’ve read the bible, even took a class on it. There is absolutely nothing good about it. People should seriously keep there religion to them selves. Not every black person is going to practice the same thing, if we were meant to be the same, think the same, etc… then we would have been. We aren’t so effing get over it.

16. Shayla

September 8, 2013 at 9:31 pm

It’s always so hilarious and hypocritical to me for people to say people shouldn’t judge someone’s religious beliefs if they aren’t Christian, but in the next breath or word they are on here judging Christianity and the bible. The hypocrisy is so blatant.

Anyway, I don’t really care too much what K. Michelle believes or doesn’t believe. I know I believe in God and I know Jesus died for my sins. I believe in the bible and the right to choose what path to take. But I don’t think K. Michelle is a Buddhist. She’s talked about God and church in the past. It’s probably just decor. Lots of Christians do this. Not saying it’s right, but it is what it is.

17. Jasmine T

September 9, 2013 at 11:17 am

Did anyone stop to think it could just be decoration in her house??????????? People use all sorts of things in their home as decoration. I know someone who has an Asian theme in her dining room and the Buddha is apart of her decor but she does not practice the religion. C’mon people, it’s not that serious. Geesh!

18. Cherry

September 9, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I will admit I understand some of the points made, but I can honestly admit I don’t always do the things Christians should do so I’d rather just mind my business than speak on hers.