Tamar Braxton Throws Her Album Sales in K. Michelle's Face

Music

Tamar Braxton Throws Her Album Sales in K. Michelle’s Face

Photo Credit: Instagram/Urban Belle

Photo Credit: Instagram/Urban Belle

The K. Michelle and Tamar Braxton beef continues? As we recently reported, K. Michelle and Tamar Braxton will most likely never be friends at this rate if they continue to beef on Twitter. Things got messy quickly between the R&B singers/reality stars after Tamar threw what most thought was shade after it was confirmed K. Michelle’s alleged abusive ex-boyfriend is none other than her friend Toya Wright’s husband Memphitz. K. Michelle went ham on Tamar not too long after the shade was thrown and after she called Tamar a muppet, Tamar clapped back with a cease and desist letter. That didn’t help much though because more Twitter beefs followed. However, K. Michelle attempted to make peace with Tamar by supporting her latest album “Love & War,” but in a recent interview with the Breakfast Club, Tamar made it clear that she wasn’t moved by K. Michelle’s support.

When it comes to album sales, both Tamar and K. Michelle pulled in first week numbers that surpassed those of established artists such as Ciara and Kelly Rowland; however, Tamar is expected to pull in over 100,000 copies while K. Michelle pulled in around 78,000 copies in her first week. So when Tamar was asked about the beef with K. Michelle and her attempt to make peace, she took the moment as an opportunity to throw her success in her rival’s face. Tamar says:

“If you do one good gesture, does that make up for you calling me a muppet? Does that make up for you telling everyone I lip sync. I don’t want to talk about her. In my third day I’ve sold over 100,000 copies of my album, so we aren’t even in the same conversation in life.”

K. Michelle didn’t take too long to respond on Twitter after her fans hipped her to the diss. She tweets (read from top to bottom):

k. michelle twitter tamar braxton

k. michelle twitter beef

Check out the full interview below:

1. Yeah I Said It!

September 9, 2013 at 2:58 pm

LOL. We called this. It didn’t take long for Tamar’s massive ego to get even bigger.

2. Oprah's Wig

September 9, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Oh Tamar please. She throws shade and then cries victim. Just stop it and let it go.

3. Morgan

September 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm

She didn’t sell that much more than K. Michelle did. Humble yourself Tamar.

4. 404

September 9, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I didn’t think it was possible for Tamar’s ego to get even more out of control. Man was I wrong.

5. Lay Lay

September 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm

So she sells about 30 thousand more copies and she thinks she’s out of K. Michelle’s league now? LOL. She has a lot to learn.

6. Barbee

September 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I’m so glad K. didn’t go off again. Let Tamar keep showing the world how childish she is.

7. Anon Chick

September 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Wow. Women can be so catty. If K. Michelle says she’s ready to squash it, why keep it going? Tamar is a very hard person to root for.

8. Gabriella

September 9, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Y’all see this is why I can’t stand Tamar why I have a hard time rooting for her when she is so nasty and a sh-t starter. Yea Tamar might have outsold K but I look at it like this Tamar probably had a bigger budget (thanks to Vince) with more production and songwriting compared to K who probaly had a limited budget and wrote damn near every song on her album with limited production and their album’s are about even. So Tamar can shut up because we don’t know what Vince did to help her sell this album.

September 9, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Tamar is such a b-tch. She started all of this and now she refuses to just drop it. It’s really hard to be a fan.

September 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Vince bought most of Tamar’s albums because her ego couldn’t take another flop. She should really shut up and at least pretend to be humble. I do not even understand how she has fans as nasty as her attitude is.

11. Shayla

September 9, 2013 at 3:08 pm

What is Tamar’s problem? She’s bragging like she just pulled Beyonce or Rihanna numbers.

12. Jamaica

September 9, 2013 at 3:08 pm

This is why I can’t tolerate Tamar. If K. Michelle showed love, why keep taking jabs? B-tch.

13. Fanny

September 9, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Oh my God Tamar get over yourself!

September 9, 2013 at 3:11 pm

But she does look like a muppet. #shrugs

15. SMH

September 9, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Tamar is really trying to milk this beef with K. Michelle for album sales. It’s quite sad really.

16. Alize

September 9, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Tamar > K. Michelle. I don’t know why Tamar feels the need to stoop down to K. Michelle’s level. She is clearly the better singer and will have the better numbers.

• Hmmm

September 9, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Sweetie you have it all wrong. Its K. Michelle > Tamar.. K. not studding this b-tch okay. Tamar is the one lowering herself further down than the level she is already on. I’m glad K. not entertaining this mess with Tamar…. It shows who is more mature and who the bigger better person.

• tenisha

September 21, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I like them both, but tamat does need to get over herself. K is being the bigger person n I got respect fa dat.

• McLoving

September 9, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Tamar has been trying to get on since the 90’s, though. Have a seat ma’am.

• thatairforcechick

September 10, 2013 at 4:45 pm

you got a chuckle outta me…Tamar needs to have several seats!

17. Incognegro

September 9, 2013 at 3:21 pm

This is one sad state of R&B when artists are looking for rap-type beefs to boost sales.

18. Sheila

September 9, 2013 at 7:34 pm

LOL!!! all the Hoodrats on here supporting that bipolar hoodrat K Michelle. K Michelle is her own worst enemy. I guess ratchet supports ratchet, that’s all they know.

• Hmmm

September 9, 2013 at 7:57 pm

SMH. People like you like to judge people and talk on way they from, but the majority of the people in the music business came from the hood. People like you don’t like to give credit where it’s due. SMH, God bless your soul satan.

• Troll

September 9, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Take a course in logical reasoning. You’re embarrassing yourself you dimwit.

• Anonymous

September 9, 2013 at 8:05 pm

That “hoodrat” has a college degree, went to college on a full scholarship and she’s already accomplished more in her life than you ever will you pompous jerk. I can tell you’re stupid by that comment you wrote. Log off and have a seat and figure out why you’re such a miserable idiot.

• And What?

September 9, 2013 at 8:17 pm

So you’re that weak and petty as a female that you have to insult everyone on here because YOU don’t like K. Michelle? You’re a little too old for this boo.

• Queen

September 9, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Ms. Sheila, do you know what’s worst than a hood rat? Well, that would be a miserable female. And judging by your comment, that’s exactly what you are. The funny thing is every woman who’s written on here so far has displayed more class than you have. Oh the irony.

• Heather B.

September 9, 2013 at 8:28 pm

#BOOM

19. Lauren

September 9, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Tamar has such a nasty attitude. She needs to act like a mother and be mature. Let it go and just enjoy your success. I can see K. Michelle growing and Tamar is looking real childish right now.

20. Cherry

September 9, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Tamar really shouldn’t be so cocky. I will admit I like Tamar’s music so I purchased the album, and it’s good, but it’s not “take shots at K.Michelle” good. She had a good album as well. Be blessed that you are in R & B and can pull those numbers and humble yourself or you’ll end up like Keri Hilson

21. Stephanie miller

September 9, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I’m so happy to see that so many people can’t stand Tamar. I Refuse to support her because of here nastiness and super sized ego. I can’t stand tamar

22. Stephanie miller

September 9, 2013 at 11:24 pm

And she does look like a muppet

23. L_C_T

September 10, 2013 at 9:25 am

I will favor K Michelle over Tamar ANY DAY! K Michelle is extremely humble, real, and tell it how it is. She also have no trouble admitting to her mistakes. She worked very hard to get where she is today despite the rough patches she have encountered over the years. She didn’t ride the train of Love & Hip Hop until the wheels fell off. unlike 90% of reality stars today she actually used the show as a platform to venture off and progress her career. Tamar thinks she is the shiznyeee because (1) Toni Braxton the “Superstar” is her sister and (2) Vincent Hurbert the man behind “Megastar” Lady Gaga is her husband. Those 2 reasons alone puts her ego on 1000000+

24. Christine

September 12, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Wait…are we going to pretend that Tamar really sold 100K, or what?

25. Omg!

September 17, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Do you all watch these ladies both on and off of the reality shows? K. is anything but humble, and there have been countless times she’s unrightfully attempted to fight and curse others out!!! K. is a bully, and talks mad trash about everybody, and only apologizes to go back to talk even more trash!!! Tamar does have an inflated ego, and has powerhouse Vince to back her, and this certainly gives her an edge. Both ladies can really sing, I will certainly give them that. K is an excellent talent, but can she ever talk about anything other than another’s age or outward appearance? Those are always the cards she plays!! So wack of her!!!! And why does she act as if she’s a PYT in the game? She has been trying to make it in the game for a long time, too. Tamar, K, grow up already!! You should both be greatful!

• Wow!

November 14, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I agree with OMG! K Michelle has such a nasty, unprofessional demeanor. Tamar is far from perfect but I dig her. Tamar also is more talented, not that K Michelle can’t sing, its just that Tamar has (range) meaning her vocal skills are superb. Research what vocal range is, listen to a few of Tamar’s songs and let me know if you agree.