Quantcast
Tamera Mowry-Housley & Tamar Braxton's Talk Show 'The Real' Gets Picked up by Fox

Urban Belle Magazine

Tamera Mowry-Housley & Tamar Braxton’s Talk Show ‘The Real’ Gets Picked up by Fox

Photo Credit: Facebook/FOX

Photo Credit: Facebook/FOX

It’s been a big year for women of color and daytime talk shows. Queen Latifah’s show continues to slay in ratings and reviews. And of course controversial gossip queen Wendy Williams’ show has been renewed for several more seasons thanks to her stellar ratings. And now it appears that more women of color are coming to daytime talk. As we reported recently, Tamar Braxton and Tamera Mowry-Housley’s talk show “The Real” had a test run in several top markets during the spring. And the ratings from the test run were so impressive that FOX has decided to pick up the show for a full season.

According to Deadline, the daytime talk show which also includes a panel that consists of comedienne Loni Love, Adrienne Bailon, and Jeannie Mae will return in Fall 2014. The site also says that the show had lots of success with women in the key age groups in which daytime talks shows are targeted to, so bringing it back was a no brainer for the network. The site reports:

Across all seven markets in which it aired, The Real, considered a younger, ethnic take on The View, improved at least +2 share points over its lead-in among all women demos, showing a rare strong growth in both the traditional daytime demo of women 25-54 as well as the younger women 18-34 group (+50% over the May 2013 time period share among women 18-49 and +40% among women 25-54).

Congrats to Tamera, Tamar, Adrienne, Loni and Jeannie on getting picked up by FOX.

1. McLoving

November 1, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I can’t wait to watch it. I could go without Tamar’s plastic face being on the show though.

2. Barbee

November 1, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Aww I’m happy for them. More women of color on TV! Awesome!

3. Troll

November 1, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I could really do without Tamar. But this is good news nonetheless.

4. My 2 Cents

November 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I’m going to go ahead and call it now. Tamar will end up getting into it with one of the other hosts and it will cause so much drama behind the scenes like it did on Tiny’s show. They should have replaced her with someone else who is more professional. Oh well.

5. Get Busy

November 1, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Congrats to them. I heard it was a good show. I didn’t catch it during the test run.

6. ATL

November 1, 2013 at 8:18 pm

For some reason I don’t think they did a test run in the Atlanta market so I haven’t seen it. But I will tune in to support women of color on TV. I still don’t care for Tamar tho.

November 1, 2013 at 8:19 pm

How the phuck did Tamar get that spot? Damn you Vince.

• Debra

November 1, 2013 at 8:28 pm

LOL.

8. Rachel

November 1, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I’m going to have to do Tamar like I did that white Republican lady from the View and ignore her so I can watch the show without barfing.

9. Lay Lay

November 1, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I kind of figured they would get picked up. Congrats and I’ll be watching.

10. Im Sayin

November 1, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Yay love this show!!!!

11. Anon Chick

November 1, 2013 at 8:22 pm

This was a smart move by FOX. Whether they hate it or not, the American population is becoming more and more diverse. Time to start tapping into those markets.

12. Peachy

November 1, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Congrats.

13. Diamond

November 1, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Congrats! This is gonna be a very good show. I love all the girls especially Tamar. She’s really getting her shine on. Keep up the Good work. You deserve it!

14. robertaclash

November 2, 2013 at 11:30 am

“Congrats” but truly can do without Tamar’s loud a-s….child has no class…..SOMETHING $$$$$$ CAN’T BUY!