Shade? Naomi Campbell Unimpressed by Kimye Vogue Cover

Shade? Naomi Campbell Unimpressed by Kimye Vogue Cover

Photo Credit: Facebook

Photo Credit: Facebook

Supermodel Naomi Campbell is a legend when it comes to walking the runways and shutting down magazine covers, but she may not be impressed with Kim Kardashian finally nabbing a Vogue cover with her beau Kanye West.

While whispers in the fashion industry echo the disappointment being said by most people on social media, Naomi’s lack of words on the subject make it clear she may not be enthusiastic about Vogue’s April cover either. When asked how she feels about the cover, Naomi tells “The Morning Show”:

“I do not want to comment. [laughs]

“Because I’m a fashion model. And I’ve been working for 28 years and when you get a Vogue cover it’s a build in your career, the stepping stone to achieve that. And you know…I’m a fashion model so what more can I say?”

When one of the interviewers asked if she is saying that Kim and Kanye didn’t earn the right to be on Vogue’s cover, she says:

“Those are your words, I’m being politically correct.”

Check out the video below:

In related news, check out a few snaps from Kimye’s Vogue spread below:

kimye vogue

kimye vogue 2

kimye vogue 3

March 25, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Vogue will never be the same.

2. robertaclash

March 25, 2014 at 5:57 pm

ME TOO!!

3. Hershey

March 25, 2014 at 5:57 pm

That poor baby always looks like she has no idea who Kim and Kanye are. LOL!

• Hater

March 25, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Because she doesn’t. They spend most of their time trying to get Kim on magazine covers and Kanye accepted by the fashion elite. They rather be in the cool kids club than be good parents.

4. Peachy

March 25, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Anna Wintour sold out. But when I think about it, Vogue has been falling off for a long time. It’s only fitting that Kim and Kanye would get the cover now. It hasn’t been the “fashion bible” in a very, very long time. So I guess it’s not that big of a deal. #shrugs

5. Kyla

March 25, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I know what she really wanted to say, but she kept it classy because she’s still a working model who isn’t trying to burn her bridges. But now in my opinion, she shouldn’t even want to be in Vogue anymore. Now Vogue is the equivalent to US Weekly and People Magazine.

March 25, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Kim and Kanye have no parent like mannerisms at all. That baby is nothing but a prop to them and Kim’s sneaky way of extending her 15 minutes.

• Tea

March 25, 2014 at 6:07 pm

But did you see on TMZ how Khloe turned down going to Joan Rivers’ show because she did a parody of Kim’s sex tape with Ray J but none of them gave a damn when Joan called North ugly? That family is a hot mess. They only care about keeping Kim relevant. Nobody else matters.

7. Shayla

March 25, 2014 at 6:02 pm

If it’s a fashion mag, why didn’t they put clothes on North? Weird.

8. My 2 Cents

March 25, 2014 at 6:03 pm

North is looking like, “Who the hell are these two people?”

9. Gloria

March 25, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Vogue was desperate to bring attention to their dying magazine, but they really just put the final coffin in it. But I bet the K’s will buy up all the copies so they can pretend it was the best selling issue. LOL.

10. Fashionista

March 25, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Kim has no chemistry at all with North. The few times I’ve seen her with her child, it just seemed like she had no real connection with that child.

11. Seriously?

March 25, 2014 at 6:09 pm

LOL. I love me some Naomi.

12. Get Busy

March 25, 2014 at 6:10 pm

With all the hype this whole issue got, I expected the pictures to be better. Meh.

March 25, 2014 at 6:11 pm

So Kim finally got her lifelong dream of being on the cover of Vogue. Now what? I mean wasn’t that the only thing left on her bucket list?

14. Nessa

March 25, 2014 at 6:14 pm

But is anyone besides the Kardashians going to buy the issue though? I’m sure not. And they have basically posted the whole thing online now.

March 25, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Vogue has just gotten boring. We see Kim and Kanye everywhere, every single day. They are boring now and not interesting. Anna could have stood firm to keeping Vogue the fashion forward magazine, but she sold out along time ago just to plaster celebs on the cover every issue. I still think the magazine will be folding soon and this won’t save it.

16. And What?

March 25, 2014 at 6:19 pm

So I’m hoping Kim will spend more time with her adorable daughter now since her long running campaign to get on Vogue has ended. I sure hope so because we barely see her being a mom. With other celebs, they are with their kids a lot, even while working. So what’s Kim’s excuse?

17. ALEXIS

March 27, 2014 at 7:03 pm

STEP 1- RELEASE SEXTAPE
    STEP 2- NAB THE COVER OF VOGUE (IF YOUR SKIN IS LIGHT ENOUGH, BLACK WOMEN NEED NOT APPLY)

18. Alley Oop

May 16, 2014 at 8:34 pm

North looks pissed because she has to pose naked.