Blue Ivy Diss Still Causing Problems at BET

Blue Ivy Diss Still Causing Problems at BET

Photo Credit: Beyonce/Tumblr

Photo Credit: Beyonce/Tumblr

The other day BET decided to put “106 & Park” on hiatus for the rest of the week since Karrueche Tran made a tasteless joke about Blue Ivy’s hair at the direction of the network, but now sources at the network are claiming that a producer has been suspended for the situation too.

The New York Daily News writes:

BET has suspended a producer after a joke about Beyonce and Jay Z’s daughter that aired Monday on the network’s music video countdown show, “106 & Park.”

A source at the network, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not allowed to discuss the matter publicly, said the producer was suspended after a remark about 2-year-old Blue Ivy’s hair.

1. Ms. Jackson

August 28, 2014 at 11:00 am

Suspended? They need to be fired.

• The Truth

August 28, 2014 at 11:04 am

Agreed.

• Yeah I Said It!

August 28, 2014 at 11:12 am

All of this. BET ain’t doing enough to resolve the situation IMO.

• Anonymous

August 28, 2014 at 12:04 pm

exactly

• Heather B.

August 28, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I completely agree.

• Kyla

August 28, 2014 at 1:39 pm

This

August 28, 2014 at 11:02 am

Another half a-s solution from BET. The person responsible should be terminated. They obviously have no respect for black people and natural hair. That alone eliminates their ability to work for a black network.

3. Fashionista

August 28, 2014 at 11:05 am

So only one person was disclipned? LOL. BET is such a joke.

4. Me

August 28, 2014 at 11:07 am

I’m glad people really called BET out for this. They need to understand they can’t be out here making jokes out of little black girls and kinky hair and get away with it. I also hope the ratings drop after this and a lot of people stop watching.

August 28, 2014 at 11:09 am

Good. But more people need to be called out.

• julyol1972

August 28, 2014 at 11:22 am

Agreed! Tamar, Keke and Selena should’ve had they a-ses dragged harder too! But real talk, for as many of us who protest this treatment of that little black child, they’re quite a few black people who cosign clowning her hair.

• Queen

August 28, 2014 at 11:39 am

So true. And as a natural, and it makes me so angry. It was hard enough to actually give up the relaxer and learn to love my hair but to see my own people go to such extreme lengths to down black hair is so sad.

• julyol1972

August 28, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I totally feel you. I cut my hair very, very short a few years ago, and have been wearing it proudly ever since – love my barber. But some of the comments, and the looks I get from some black folks is so discouraging. It was worse when I had my Macy Gray do!

6. Lay Lay

August 28, 2014 at 11:16 am

I just want to know why people are so dumb. Did they really think it would be wise and funny to attack the black child of two black celebrities for wearing her kinky hair out? Not every parent believes they have to keep kinky hair in braids, weave, beads and a million plaits with a million bows. Let that family be.

7. Deja

August 28, 2014 at 11:18 am

He should have lost his job. What kind of human being finds jokes about a baby acceptable?

August 28, 2014 at 11:18 am

I hope even more people are held responsible. Keep the backlash coming.

9. Old School

August 28, 2014 at 11:24 am

It’s sick that in 2014 some black people are so obsessed about making fun of black hair.

• Old School

August 28, 2014 at 11:26 am

*obsessed with*

10. Shayla

August 28, 2014 at 11:27 am

I’m glad the BeyHive and natural hair community are shutting down BET! This has to stop!

11. Chelly

August 28, 2014 at 11:29 am

Suspended? The idiot should have been fired. But I’m sleep…

12. Ratchet Queen

August 28, 2014 at 11:33 am

So much damage control for something that should not have ever happened in the first place.

August 28, 2014 at 11:36 am

They can shut the whole network done as far as I’m concerned. I don’t watch that bullish-t anyway. I watch Black & Sexy TV instead because instead of making fun of natural hair, most of the actors on there have natural hair. They also have real black people in lead roles and great shows. It’s on YouTube for anyone interested. Roomie Lover Friends, Hello Cupid and That Guy are my favorites.

• Fashionista

August 28, 2014 at 11:41 am

I LOVE Black & Sexy TV!

• Queen

August 28, 2014 at 11:53 am

I love their shows. You know The Couple got picked up by HBO right?

• Anonymous

August 28, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Yes I do. I love that show too!

• julyol1972

August 28, 2014 at 12:06 pm

What is Black & Sexy TV, and why is this the first I’ve ever heard of it?

• Anonymous

August 28, 2014 at 12:17 pm

It’s a YouTube channel that was started by black people and they basically created their own TV network on YouTube. They have really great shows on there and my favorites are Roomie Lover Friends, Hello Cupid and That Guy. You probably haven’t heard about it because they haven’t been around that long. But one of their shows was already picked up by HBO.

Here’s the link (UB please don’t delete this link, it’s for a good cause lol): https://www.youtube.com/user/blackandsexytv

Check them out and spread the word if you like it. Also check out Awkward Black Girl. It started on YouTube and was also picked up by HBO. There’s a movement of young, black talent creating their own networks and shows on YouTube. And all the lead actors are black and natural hair is the standard!

• Babygirl

August 28, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Hmm I gotta check them out. Thanks!

• julyol1972

August 28, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Thank you so much for the information. I’ll be watching and yes, passing this on to all my friends, etc. I’m really happy to hear that there’s a new crop of fresh talent out there who advocate for the more natural standard…that in itself, is something that gives me hope and cause to celebrate.

• Anonymous

August 28, 2014 at 8:19 pm

You’re welcome sis!

• Jessica

August 28, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I just subscribed. I’ll check them out this weekend.

• Anonymous

August 28, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Awesome!

14. Troll

August 28, 2014 at 11:41 am

Blue’s hair will be healthier, thicker and longer than most of the people making fun of her when she grows up. You can bet on that.

15. Zodiac

August 28, 2014 at 11:49 am

Good.

16. ATL

August 28, 2014 at 12:12 pm

I hope Bey and Jay never give BET the time of day ever again.

17. Erica

August 28, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I wonder if it was man or a woman….hmm…

August 28, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I haven’t watched BET in so long lol.

August 28, 2014 at 3:04 pm

lololololol good

20. Jessica

August 28, 2014 at 5:42 pm

I’m so done with BET.

21. Bee

August 30, 2014 at 2:04 am

In all honesty, if this was a child of a D list celeb or if this was an everyday, non celeb’s child…..would y’all still be going so hard? It’s extremely unfortunate that BET allowed this type of joke to happen. But going thru alot of these comments really has me wondering if this is in defense of a black child being ridiculed for her natural hair…or the fact that the CARTER’S child is being ridiculed.

• Anonymous

August 30, 2014 at 8:16 am

I’m not a Beyonce fan because I don’t really care for any of her music. But I am very outraged about this because my hair looks just like Blue Ivy’s and a black television network shouldn’t put down black hair. But your question is silly because if Blue wasn’t Beyonce and Jay-Z’s child, I’m pretty sure her hair wouldn’t be making headline news, nor would sick souls have made petitions about her hair, and people wouldn’t be obsessed with picking on the child in the first place. It’s not Beyonce’s stans making a big deal out of Blue’s hair. It’s people who don’t like Beyonce making a big deal out of Blue’s hair because they are using the child to attack her parents. I’ve seen them call the child an animal, call her hair ugly and then turn around and praise North West because she’s mixed. Mind you these are other black people. So your issues are with the wrong group of people.

• Bee

August 30, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I understand your point. I’m a dreadlocked natural, so I know all too well the ridicule that is out there. And as I stated, BET’s comments were dead wrong. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Blue’s hair. All I’m saying is, would people be so up in arms and ready to defend a random little girl with natural curls? What if BET made that comment towards a picture of a nameless random kid in the street? Would people be sending death threats and creating petions then? We need to consistently be angry about these situations for everyone, equally, not just celebrities.