Quantcast
Young Thug Takes Shots at Jay Z

Music

Young Thug Takes Shots at Jay Z

Photo Credit: Joella Marano

Photo Credit: Joella Marano

Jay Z is without a doubt one of the best-selling rappers of all time, and he’s been holding steady in the music business for almost 20 years. And Jigga has managed to use his rap career to turn himself into a serious business mogul, and many up and coming rappers cite him as an inspiration.

Well don’t count Young Thug as one of the younger artists who looks up to Jay Z. In fact, Birdman’s new protegé actually said in a recent interview that he can’t buy a Jay Z album because he feels like Jay Z is too old to support.

Young Thug tells GQ Magazine:

“I don’t want to rap forever… I don’t want to be 50 years old and rapping, man. I’m pretty sure nobody wants to do that.

“I’m pretty sure Jay Z don’t wanna rap right now.

“If you’re 30, 40 years old, you’re not getting listened to by minors. Like, Jay Z has some of the sickest lyrics ever, but I would never buy his CD, just because of my age and because of his age. By the time I turn that old, I ain’t gonna be doing what he’s doing.”

Jay Z is 45 years old, while Young Thug is 23.

1. julyol1972

February 5, 2015 at 5:56 pm

When your main claim to fame is being Birdman’s girlfriend, you use Jay Z for relevancy! Boy bye!

• Ritha Septimus

February 6, 2015 at 1:36 am

If you are great at what you do age should not determine your retirement. JayZ is great at what he does and is very relevant still in the rap game. Unfortunately for Young Thug at the age of 23 years of age he should plan to retire as soon as possible. Let me say this he should retire tomorrow morning. His resignation speech should say effectively immediately I am retiring my position as the talentless hip hop artist due to the fact that i am not able to perform my duties as a rapper. I no longer want to burden to anyone and I apologize to my family for being a disgrace.

• julyol1972

February 7, 2015 at 1:40 am

Amen!

2. Hater

February 5, 2015 at 6:02 pm

But did he forget his boyfriend is the same age as Jay and still jumps his lame a-s on tracks attempting to rap? *Birdman hand rub*

• Erica

February 5, 2015 at 7:29 pm

Exactly. How you going in on Jay Z for being 45 when your boyfriend is the same age and still out here struggle rapping? The nerve.

3. Peachy

February 5, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Sigh…Young Thug needs to be quiet. Jay has been rapping for almost 20 years but Thug will be lucky if he even last for two years. He can’t rap and you can’t even understand why he’s saying. He always sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. Buffoon.

• Anonymous

February 5, 2015 at 6:25 pm

I’m starting to think he has Birdman’s balls in his mouth while he records. It’s the only possibility that makes sense for why he raps like that.

• julyol1972

February 6, 2015 at 12:54 am

Bwahaha!!!!

4. texas forever

February 5, 2015 at 6:07 pm

You sir, are a joke…every time you open your mouth you dig yourself a deeper hole. Did ever occur to you that JAY still raps because his love of the music, not for monetary need nor to appease minors. Young thug, the degradation of hip hop.

5. D. Val

February 5, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Birdman must have that good box…

6. Crystal S

February 5, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Sometimes you just need a pr to clear your answers before you start talking. It pays to be educated because he sounded like a dumb dumb.

February 5, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Here’s the problem. Young thug basically in a nutshell just summed up the motives behind most of these new rappers. They aren’t rapping because they love music and they love Hip Hop. No, they are rapping for money. They don’t even take the time to improve at their craft or put out good lyrics. They make catchy songs with terrible lyrics all for a buck. And then they won’t even be around 5 years later and the next time we hear from them they will be on TMZ filing for bankruptcy because they were so financially illiterate. Jay Z loves rapping. He took the time to get very good at it and his albums for the most part are always quality. There’s no doubt the man loves making music. Young Thug is trash and he’s not even trying to be a decent rapper. So Young Thug couldn’t even make an album at 45 because he won’t even last in the business longer than three years. He’s an idiot.

• D. Val

February 5, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Very well said and I agree wholeheartedly. I didn’t have the heart to write legit thoughts after seeing his red carpet interview on Mike Brown. He’s disgusting to me and this didn’t surprise me one bit.

• Realness

February 5, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Well said Queen.

8. Izzy

February 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Young Thug is trolling. And he need not to talk about album sales. Jay Z goes platinum easily. Young Thug won’t even go gold when he does drop. He doesn’t make classic music because no one on earth ever knows what he’s saying.

February 5, 2015 at 6:14 pm

shut the f-ck up

10. Ms. Jackson

February 5, 2015 at 6:18 pm

So Young Thug doesn’t like listening to a 45 year old rapper, but doesn’t mind f-cking one. Duly noted.

• Ratchet Queen

February 5, 2015 at 6:23 pm

#DEAD and on my way to the upper room.

11. Heather B.

February 5, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Jay Z still raps because he wants to. That man is worth $500 million by himself, add Beyonce to that and they are worth a billion. They do music because they love it. And honestly, Jay is one of the best rappers of all time. That has always been his mission. Young Thug doesn’t understand that because he’s only doing it for the little money Birdman actually does pay him. He will end up just like Weezy…broke but less successful and suing Birdman for unpaid money.

12. Pat

February 5, 2015 at 6:23 pm

I’m sure Birdman put him up to this. Birdman has always been jealous of Jay Z. Jay Z is everything he will never be and it makes him salty just thinking about it.

13. Old School

February 5, 2015 at 6:29 pm

I’ve never heard of this Young Thing character but then again I don’t listen to the radio much nowadays. But I can tell you I own every single album Jay Z has ever released. And when I went to the OTR concert, people of all ages were singing and rapping along to Jay Z. He without a doubt is one of the best to ever do it. Lastly, why do young people have such an unwarranted sense of importance? Does this person really think Jay Z should retire because young people aren’t most of his fan base? Well youngster, us “old people” buy albums too and we actually tend to buy more music than young people. It’s us old people that made Adele such a success. He’s very dense.

• Veronica

February 5, 2015 at 10:42 pm

You’re lucky to not know who Young Thug is. I wish I didn’t.

14. Nessa

February 5, 2015 at 6:46 pm

He’s very ignorant. Next.

February 5, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Well I won’t be buying Young Thug’s album because I’m too old to be buying bullsh-t. I think that’s fair.

16. Gabriella

February 5, 2015 at 6:56 pm

He will be forgotten within a couple of years.

17. anon anon

February 5, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Come get your man Birdman. Please.

18. Erica

February 5, 2015 at 7:29 pm

I just can’t with these young idiots.

19. Michelle

February 5, 2015 at 8:00 pm

I’m annoyed at how some young people think 30 is sooo old. And 45 isn’t that old either. They do know that one day they won’t be in their 20s anymore, right? And when they hit their 40s, it won’t be so old to them then, now will it? Dummies.

20. Dominique

February 5, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Young Thug says anything for attention but he fails to understand it won’t prevent him from ending up broke and forgotten about like most corny rappers out here today. Everything is for shock value and they have no talent to make the stunts worth it. Yeah we’re talking about you, but we still won’t buy your trashy music.

21. King Bey

February 5, 2015 at 9:03 pm

And Jay Z remains unbothered and probably has no idea who this cretin is. Goodbye.