Quantcast
ASAP Rocky Says Ex-Fiancee Chanel Iman is Too Good For Him

ASAP Rocky Says Ex-Fiancee Chanel Iman is Too Good For Him

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Rapper ASAP Rocky and supermodel Chanel Iman called off their engagement months ago, and sources close to both claim the reason for their split was busy schedules.

However, ASAP is opening up about the situation and he says he just felt like Chanel could do a lot better than him.

He tells MTV News:

“That’s my best friend. You’ve gotta be mature, to be in this type of predicament and have a relationship. I never really talk about these kinda things, about her, and she never really talks about me so I’m not really gonna say much on the subject but she’s happy and that’s all I want — I want her to be happy.

“Me and Chanel broke up in June and I got really depressed, because I knew that she deserves better than me. And that’s the truth. Everybody knows it. I don’t wanna be the guy to Lauryn Hill her — if you know what I’m saying. I love her so much that I would rather not be with her, than hurt her.

“I do know that where I’m at in life, I’m still having fun and I’m young and I need to focus on my career. [But] she’s still in my life, so it’s a win, win situation.”

1. Troll

March 28, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Well at least he knows she can do better. Some men are delusional about what they bring to the table.

• Queen

March 28, 2015 at 6:51 pm

I agree.

2. Shut Up

March 28, 2015 at 6:49 pm

She is too good for him. I remember when I saw all those pictures of them on the red carpets sporting their gold teeth together. She tried so hard to become a hood chick to make his corny a-s happy.Thank goodness she finally woke up and realized she was doing the most for the least.

• Ms. Jackson

March 28, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Hahahaha yeah she was trying so hard. Bless her heart.

3. Gabriella

March 28, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Well at least he is honest and I couldn’t agree more with him she was too good for him.

• Tiseour

March 28, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Never really cared much for him but I have to say I have a lot of respect for him for loving her enough to let her go on with her life. I am glad they also remains friend. If it is meant to be one day when they are both mature enough they will find their way back to each other. Remember true love doesn’t have a happy ending because true love never ends.

March 28, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Yeah I thought it was strange she was with him. This is the same man who dated Iggy Azalea and said dark skinned women can’t wear red lipstick. He’s not good enough for any woman of substance. He needs to stick to the Iggy’s of the world.

5. Old School

March 28, 2015 at 6:55 pm

You can’t get mad at honesty.

6. Yeah I Said It!

March 28, 2015 at 7:04 pm

It happens. I think we’ve all dated someone who didn’t deserve us. At least she didn’t go through with marrying him.

7. Elizabeth

March 28, 2015 at 8:49 pm

I forgot about ASAP. He fell off fast.

8. QueenAshJo