Quantcast
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Underwhelmed by Mayweather/Pacquiao Fight

Urban Belle Magazine

News

Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Underwhelmed by Mayweather/Pacquiao Fight

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Last night the most anticipated boxing match in years finally went down between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, but the reactions from boxing fans thus far have been overwhelmingly negative.

Many took to social media to declare the fight as boring, and although Mayweather fans are happy he remains undefeated, many can admit the fight should have been more exciting given all the hype surrounding it.

Interestingly enough, boxing legend Mike Tyson was also underwhelmed.

He tweets:

mike tyson twitter

1. Ratchet Queen

May 3, 2015 at 2:19 pm

That fight was terrible. Floyd ran away the whole night. Yes, it’s a smart strategy but it will hurt his legacy as a boxer when it’s all said and done. All of his fights are the same. He runs, he wins.

• Yeah I Said It!

May 3, 2015 at 2:27 pm

That’s why the OGs don’t respect him. I laughed so hard when he said he’s better than Ali. Floyd ain’t even better than Tyson. He’s ruined the entire sport with this “strategy.” I don’t even bother to watch him fight anymore. I miss the knock outs and slug fests we had growing up as kids. When boxing was good.

• Anonymous

May 3, 2015 at 2:30 pm

True it’s hurting his legacy but Floyd is smarter than all the boxers who came before him. He knows being that kind of boxer means he will have some sort of brain damage in his older years, and it’s not worth it. Now he will retire with good health and a good mind and lots of money. I don’t like him but I give respect where it’s due.

• WhatWhat

May 3, 2015 at 2:41 pm

I never looked at it that way. Interesting.

• Mike

May 3, 2015 at 8:03 pm

That’s real.

• Twirl

May 3, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Truth dot com. People better stop giving Floyd their hard earned money. None of his fights have been entertaining.

May 3, 2015 at 2:21 pm

It was boring as hell.

May 3, 2015 at 2:23 pm

I just decided to skip it. I knew what the outcome would be. My husband watched it with his friends at a sports bar and he was pissed. This is what Floyd has done his whole career.

4. julyol1972

May 3, 2015 at 2:24 pm

I don’t like Mayweather the man, but he’s the best technical fighter in that matchup. His punches counted when they needed to, and he didn’t waste them. Pac-Man’s shots didn’t connect where they needed to, and he wore himself out chasing May. He should’ve done his homework.

5. Gabriella

May 3, 2015 at 2:27 pm

And I agree with Tyson it was very underwhelming it was boring. Pacquiao and his camp talked all that noise like they were really going to do something and he didn’t even throw that many punches. Floyd did what he always does he’s a defensive fighter throw punches and block half the opponents. The real champ was Beyonce looking flawless in the crowd.

• Peachy

May 3, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Bey looked great. She was tipsy though. LOL.

6. Chelly

May 3, 2015 at 2:32 pm

It would have been better if they fought during Manny’s prime.

• Hater

May 3, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Floyd wasn’t having that.

7. Im Sayin

May 3, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I’m surprised people still pay to watch Floyd fight. I refuse.

• Zodiac

May 3, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I sure didn’t.

8. D. Val

May 3, 2015 at 2:51 pm

*yawn* <<—- me last night watching the "fight." I enjoyed the fellowship and libations tho! That's about it. I'm not sure there's anyone that actually enjoyed watching this.

9. Get Busy

May 3, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Eh he only tweeted what 99.9% of the population was thinking.

May 3, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Glad I didn’t watch.

11. Mike

May 3, 2015 at 8:00 pm

The sh-t was weak but if anyone was going to outsmart the system, I’m glad it was a black man.

May 3, 2015 at 9:14 pm

The undercards showed more heart than the so called champion.

13. Realness

May 3, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Boxing is dead.

May 3, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Floyd is a defensive boxer. They aren’t exciting to watch, but they know how to win.