David Banner Wishes Black People Wouldn't Celebrate Thanksgiving

David Banner Wishes Black People Wouldn’t Celebrate Thanksgiving

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Rapper, actor and political activist David Banner is never afraid to speak his mind on touchy subjects regarding racism and the struggles of the black community.

Recently David claimed the black community won’t be able to progress and move forward until black women and black men work on their issues and form a bond.

Now he’s speaking his mind about Thanksgiving and just why he feels black people shouldn’t celebrate the holiday.

1. Ms. Jackson

November 27, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Sh-t he’s right but I’m damn sure not going to stop eating this good a-s turkey and ham.

• Anonymous

November 27, 2015 at 2:17 pm

lmao u gon get tired of it in a day or so though

November 27, 2015 at 1:57 pm

There’s a lot of holidays we shouldn’t celebrate but people have turned these holidays into something positive and reasons to spend time with their loved ones. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I like David a lot, but sometimes he does too much for me.

3. Nessa

November 27, 2015 at 2:03 pm

I see what he’s saying but I’m not about to stop celebrating Thanksgiving. it doesn’t mean I’m not aware of its history though.

4. Seriously?

November 27, 2015 at 2:13 pm

If that’s the case, no one should celebrate Thanksgiving. Not just people of color.

• Anonymous

November 27, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Agreed.

5. Babygirl

November 27, 2015 at 2:22 pm

There’s always a handful of people who rant about this on my newsfeed every Thanksgiving. I think we have a right to celebrate whatever we want to without handing over our black cards.

6. Troll

November 27, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Shouldn’t he be saying this to white people? Aren’t they the ones who wiped out the Native Americans? Black people like myself are thankful for the time off work and eating good food with the fam. It’s not that deep to us.

7. Jen jen

November 27, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Mmmmmh if there wasn’t food involved then I’d probably support him.. For now I gotta to eat.. Bye David lol

• rb

November 27, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Yep

8. D. Val

November 27, 2015 at 3:38 pm

I agree, but I don’t refrain from partaking in the time off from work, family time, eating, and lounging. Being that it’s positive in bringing families together, I don’t think it should be knocked. Do I go the whole mile and talk about pilgrims and all that? Nah. But for kids in daycare making turkey out of their hands and the families who haven’t seen each other in God knows how long? Celebrate on.

9. rb

November 27, 2015 at 4:16 pm

First of all, do anybody see the natives fighting for blacks? Im not fighting for them or being the backbone for no other other race but my own. And besides, the natives received reparations for their atrocities. Im going to eat, relax and have a good time with family. I bet david is doing the same. Bye.

10. Bee

November 27, 2015 at 7:51 pm

I can’t lie, I see where he’s coming from.

November 27, 2015 at 10:37 pm

No lies told.

12. Sha

November 28, 2015 at 5:50 pm

We as a community don’t need a specific day as a call for family to gather around and be appreciative of one another. We should give thanks everyday for what we have and for family. I agree with David Banner. Culture has a way of dictating what we should celebrate….give thanks everyday!