Mo'Nique Supports Open Marriages Because of Slavery?

Mo’Nique Supports Open Marriages Because of Slavery?

Photo Credit: Twitter

Photo Credit: Twitter

Beautiful Oscar winning actress and comedian Mo’Nique has already made her very eccentric views on marriage clear in the past, and she has no problems with the concept of having an open marriage.

In a recent interview with True Exclusives, when the interviewer asked Mo’Nique what she thought about spouses giving each other “hall passes,” she claimed she was all for it.

She says:

“The person that you stood up and you said ‘for better, for worse, sickness and in health, richer or poorer’ you took those vows in front of the universe. If you don’t live by them, then maybe you shouldn’t have taken them. And when you say ‘a pass to cheat’… see when you’re with your best friend and you say to your best friend ‘I’m having these feelings about this person, sexually and I wanna share it with you’.. when you’re best friends, you can have those open and honest conversations. Often times people cheat because of something they’re not getting. But when you have open and honest dialogue and you say we’re just human beings and all these people on the face of the earth, do you think my eyes won’t ever say ‘he’s fine’ or ‘she’s attractive’. Now if you wanna go further with it, let’s be honest enough to have those conversations. What is it about that person that you find that you wanna sleep with? Because they may give you something that I’m simply not willing to do. And if that’s the case, how can I be mad? Because I’m not gon’ do it. Should I deprive you of not having it? That’s when the relationship is real real.”

Interestingly enough, Mo’Nique actually cited slavery for why she’s down with hall passes.

1. Peachy

November 18, 2015 at 2:24 pm

So basically she’s a hotep. They all talk the same and are always trying to talk down Christianity. Anyway. she obviously suffers from low self esteem. Being faithful/monogamous isn’t being owned. It’s a form of love and respect.

• Anonymous

November 18, 2015 at 6:58 pm

lmao that’s real

2. Angie

November 18, 2015 at 2:26 pm

***Blank stare***… I’m so done with Mo’Nique.

• Chelly

November 18, 2015 at 3:16 pm

I’ve been done. LOL.

November 18, 2015 at 2:31 pm

She does way too much. Anyway, her marriage, her views. But for me and mines, we prefer to keep other people out of our marriage. We don’t own each other, but we respect each other enough to protect our marriage. And because we keep people out of our marriage in every way possible, we’re very happy. It also makes it super easy to stay focused on each other. More power to her though.

4. Ms. Jackson

November 18, 2015 at 2:37 pm

This is the dumbest sh-t I’ve ever heard. So polygamy isn’t more ownership like than monogamy?

• Yeah I Said It!

November 18, 2015 at 3:34 pm

LOL exactly. It’s not like any of the wives are allowed to have side pieces/other husbands too.

•  julyol1972

November 18, 2015 at 9:11 pm

I know a lot of the commenters here love MO but I can’t stand her. And every time she opens her mouth I realize why! Both she and Toya need an intervention. Fr!

• Barbee

November 18, 2015 at 9:46 pm

That’s what I’m saying. How is a man having multiple wives (and the wives aren’t allowed to do the same) not ownership as well? She’s delusional.

November 18, 2015 at 2:40 pm

She’s an old fool.

6. Im Sayin

November 18, 2015 at 2:46 pm

It’s her life but marriage hasn’t been about ownership for a very long time. Not to mention, in those times, polygamy was very popular so she’s actually more in line with how it was in biblical times…which she’s against. The irony.

7. Troll

November 18, 2015 at 2:47 pm

But her husband is the one who gets the hall pass, not her. I’ll take her seriously when she starts to step out too. But for now it just seems like her husband did a great job brainwashing her.

8. Lay Lay

November 18, 2015 at 2:57 pm

This is why women have to learn to love themselves because if not, a man will come and convince you that confidence is being cool with him sleeping around. Mo swears she so deep and enlightened because she’s agreeing to an open marriage. Right now you have Charlie Sheen out here talking about having HIV and here she is trying to shame monogamy. Disgusting.

9. Babygirl

November 18, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I don’t agree with her at all and I never will when it comes to this. I just won’t.

November 18, 2015 at 3:06 pm

So wanting your spouse to love you and only you, smash you and only you is like slavery? Ummm she’s a dummy.

11. Troll

November 18, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Her husband ain’t attracted to her so he told her this bs so she would be ok with him sleeping with other women. She’s hoping losing weight will change things but it won’t. I’ve seen this many times.

12. Fashionista

November 18, 2015 at 3:29 pm

It’s their marriage. Couldn’t be me though.

13. Veronica

November 18, 2015 at 3:31 pm

I give up. I want to root for her but she makes it so difficult.

14. v

November 18, 2015 at 4:01 pm

It’s her life. To each it’s own.

15. A'Michelle

November 18, 2015 at 4:12 pm

My mouth was wide open til I saw the last paragraph. That ecplains it, she has no idea what covenant relationship is. Reading other comments, refreshing to see everybody has common damn sense?

• A'Michelle

November 18, 2015 at 4:13 pm

*explains

16. Old School

November 18, 2015 at 4:18 pm

You know, sometimes I feel sorry for Mo’Nique and women like her, but them I realize she feels sorry for women like me. LOL. Anyway, it’s her life, her choice in how to run her marriage, but I think there’s something very commendable about two people who come together and decide they don’t need anyone else to be happy and fulfilled. That means both people are truly committed to each other and they don’t want or require anyone else to be happy. That is a true friendship, true love, and something I’m thankful to have.

17. Treasure8430

November 18, 2015 at 5:14 pm

She sounds dumb……she can miss me wit this low self esteem a$$ bullshyt …..cuz if Imma give my dude a hall pass Imma give myself 1 too and that is when the relationship is ova cuz men that love u wouldn’t wanna share u and vice versa she is a dumb a$$ old bish

November 18, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Never liked her. She has made a career out of bashing other women just to turn around and be some man’s doormat.

19. Lauren

November 18, 2015 at 6:56 pm

I truly believe people have to do what works for them but I can’t help but sense Mo’Nique has a lot of issues and lacks true self esteem. She’s been through a lot in her life and she’s expecting her husband to make her whole and what he’s really doing is breaking her down. I hope she realizes this one day.

20. Pat

November 18, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Pathetic.

November 18, 2015 at 9:17 pm

She speaks ignorance every time she opens her mouth.

22. Nessa

November 18, 2015 at 9:21 pm

She’s an idiot. Next.

23. Lizzie

November 18, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Couldn’t be me. Nope!

November 19, 2015 at 9:49 am

She just can’t see her husband is using her..he don’t even dig her like that so he talked her into being cool with him sleeping with other women…sad…