LA Reid Says Beyonce Cosigned Rihanna + Talks Teairra Mari's Doomed Music Career

LA Reid Says Beyonce Cosigned Rihanna + Talks Teairra Mari’s Doomed Music Career

Photo Credit: Instagram/Urban Belle

Photo Credit: Instagram/Urban Belle

Music heads know there’s always been a rivalry between fans of Beyonce and Rihanna, and with both being no strangers to commercial success, both fan bases like to argue about who’s really the best on social media.

But LA Reid revealed recently that in real life, there’s really not a rivalry between the two singers.

In fact, it was Beyonce who convinced LA Reid that it would be Rihanna, not “Love and Hip Hollywood” star Teairra Mari, to break out and become a big star.

Pages: 1 2

1. Fashionista

January 8, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I thought people realized Rihanna became the bigger star because Teairra had a nasty attitude and wasn’t willing to work as hard? Say what you want about Rihanna, but she’s very driven and works very hard. She deserves all the success she has.

2. Oprah's Wig

January 8, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Bey could recognize a star when she sees one. Rihanna, just like Bey, has that It factor. You just pay attention to her.

3. Veronica

January 8, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Teairra blew her chance. Now she’s stuck doing reality shows and chasing after Ray J.

• Ratchet Queen

January 8, 2016 at 5:04 pm

LMBO sad huh?

January 8, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Teairra is the better singer but she doesn’t have the crossover look. Basically she ain’t light skinned.

5. Gabriella

January 8, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Some people just have that “it” factor I can’t describe it but Rihanna has it. I did hear that Teairra was difficult to work with and had a bad attitude and that’s on her but I still feel like they didn’t promote her right. With that said Teairra still could have made it if she had the drive now she stuck doing reality tv shows and she’s even more unlikable.

6. Get Busy

January 8, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Everything worked out the way it was supposed to. No one was going to hold Rihanna back. She sets goals and makes things happen. She has the drive it takes to be where she is. Teairra doesn’t.

7. Indira

January 8, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Game recognizes game. Two black queens?

8. Ms. Jackson

January 8, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Teairra’s a-s was lazy and she started feeling herself way too soon. That’s one thing about success. Sh-t won’t pop off if you ain’t humble.

• xedos

January 8, 2016 at 10:03 pm

yep she started acting like she was a celebrity way too early. rihanna put in the work touring mall and fairgrounds. rihanna wanted it more.

9. King Bey

January 8, 2016 at 5:03 pm

I’m a loyal BeyHiver, and I didn’t always like Rihanna because her stans were always trying it but I respect her a lot and I can say Bey had it right. Rihanna is a star and it was just meant to be. You can’t expect to be successful in the music industry if you don’t want to put in the work. Like right now Teairra is on a reality show a lot of people watch, but see how she’s too lazy to promote herself and put out some new music with all the buzz LHHH gets? She’s lazy. And she ruined her own chances. Rihanna is always working. Beyonce too. Oh yeah, Happy New Year y’all. I missed all of you. 🙂

• Gabriella

January 8, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Hey boo did you have the baby?!?!

• King Bey

January 8, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Hey honey! Yes I did. I had a baby boy. I’m so in love. I’m not ready to go back to work. ?

• Get Busy

January 8, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Congrats new mommy!

• Gabriella

January 8, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Aww congrats sweetie!!!!!

• Anonymous

January 8, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Going back to work is always the hardest part. Glad to know you’re good ma’am.

• Old School

January 8, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Welcome to motherhood.

• Queen

January 8, 2016 at 5:36 pm

I was just thinking about you the other day. Congrats sweetheart.

January 8, 2016 at 5:11 pm

lmao Bey didn’t see it for T

11. Shut Up

January 8, 2016 at 5:18 pm

I love Rih and Bey. Two bad bishes.

12. CiCi

January 8, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Rihanna had a dream and saw it though meanwhile Teairra wanted it all handed to her.

13. Lizzie

January 8, 2016 at 5:33 pm

A star can recognize a star in the making.

14. Babygirl

January 8, 2016 at 5:41 pm

T can sing better but she lacks the it factor. She was never going to make it.

15. smdh

January 8, 2016 at 5:57 pm

I know this is off topic, but did anyone see that hating a-s Wendell Williams show today and how she just disrespected the hell out of Beyonce while parsing Adele..I can’t wait for someone to put her [email protected] out there. She also referred to Blue Ivy as “that Blue Ivey”..smdh

• Gabriella

January 8, 2016 at 6:21 pm

I never watch Wendy Williams but I’m not surprised by her comments because she absolutely hates successful black women. She has always talked down on successful black women while praising non black women.

• Peachy

January 8, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Exactly. That’s why I can’t really root for or like Wendy.

• Anonymous

January 8, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Wendy is jealous. The only women she can ever be happy for are white women. If Mariah wasn’t half black, she’d kiss her a-s too.

• smdh

January 9, 2016 at 4:12 am

Told no lies. J.lo can do no wrong. Wendy’s comments were jus straight up distrspectful. The dumas audience members were clapping and I really don’t understand how black people support her..I was actually talking to the dam TV laying her out..ugh

January 8, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Gotta respect Beyonce for keeping it 100.

17. Deja

January 8, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Great! Now if only the lames on Twitter would let these ladies live. They do not hate each other.

January 9, 2016 at 8:03 pm

love me some rihanna #wheredatalbumattho

19. Tuindi

January 10, 2016 at 1:15 pm

See , Jay Z taught Bey sooo much about how to dominate the business and come into her own , she’s said that basically .One thing I can truly say about Jay , is that he’s an ultimate hustler and brilliant man.It was Jay Z and Jay Brown who believed in Rih first and the most , I’m sure he and Bey talked about Rih’s potential and Bey agreed .Rihanna is truly one a kind , I’ve never seen a Super Pop Star that’s so down to earth , uncut ,relatable, layered , fashionable ,and fascinating like her . I’m very proud to have two beautiful black women be so successfully dominating . Love it !