Quantcast
Brandy Norwood Explains Why She Doesn't Talk to Monica Anymore

Urban Belle Magazine

Brandy Norwood Explains Why She Doesn’t Talk to Monica Anymore

Late last year Monica told Entertainment Weekly that her “feud” with Brandy Norwood amid the reign of “The Boy is Mine” was great marketing and she will continue to root for Brandy, but Brandy claims she no longer speaks to Monica because they are on two different paths.

Here an excerpt from the interview:

People still love your 1998 duet with Monica, “The Boy Is Mine.” She said last year that the supposed beef between you guys was “brilliant marketing.”

It was so long ago, I’m just in a different space. I don’t talk to Monica. We are on different paths.

1. Fashionista

February 15, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Ok this is what the third person Monica is no longer cool with? Keyshia, Ciara, Brandy…who’s next? I

• Jen jen

February 15, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Girl! I was about to type the same thing.. Monica has always rubbed me the wrong way. She wants to be known as the perfect no drama God fearing giving advise Monica but deep down she is low key hater and will probably turn on you the minute she feels like it.

• Anonymous

February 16, 2016 at 10:33 am

My thoughts exactly.

• MonicaMusic

February 16, 2016 at 5:06 pm

You’ve said alright…Thats s exactly how I see her. That’s why ciara told her via twitter to take her own advice.

• Yeah I Said It!

February 15, 2016 at 9:44 pm

It definitely makes you wonder.

2. Jess

February 15, 2016 at 9:06 pm

What do she mean by that?

3. Ms. Jackson

February 15, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Sh-t Monica stay falling out with people. I guess she doesn’t mean that no drama bullsh-t she keeps talking.

• Phat

December 3, 2016 at 12:09 am

Or, she’s decided that she no longer wants drama in her life. These ppl live out their lives in stages with thousands of ppl watching. Everyone wants them to exist in this world were a beef from the 90’s is still the fuel when it’s not. It takes two ppl two argue and in my opinion Monica has not rebutted negatively; it’s only Brany who is constantly throwing ‘subtle’ shade @ Monica, who has obvisiously matured & moved on with her life with her husband & children. Let sleeping dogs lie regardless of whose lying.. btw, I think it’s Brandy with the issue not Mon

February 15, 2016 at 9:37 pm

I’m not really surprised at this. Brandy seemed over Monica while they were doing interviews for their last song together. Monica just kept talking about how she beat up Brandy when they were teens, and you ould tell Brandy didn’t like that being brought up at all.

February 15, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Another woman is done with Monica? Yeah, Monica has to be the common denominator.

6. Lauren

February 15, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I love Brandy’s hair.

7. Drea

February 15, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Monica is a self proclaimed “trap queen” brandy has always been more of a class act…

• Phat

December 3, 2016 at 12:10 am

Class act my a-s… she’s the great pretender!

8. Viv

February 16, 2016 at 10:21 am

Monica can’t keep any female friends. Makes me wonder if she’s two faced.

9. Im Sayin

February 16, 2016 at 1:12 pm

They obviously fell out. I don’t think Brandy liked the fact that Monica kept bringing up their Boy Is Mine drama in all the interviews they did for the other song they had a couple of years ago. And then there’s the fact that Monica thinks being a trap queen is cute and Brandy is more reserved, a fallout was inevitable.

• Phat

December 3, 2016 at 12:14 am

Or Brandy is jealous that Monica was always able to be real & true to herself while Brandy had to pretend that she was this good girl. Brandy is rotten to the core and does not possess the courage of her convictions. It seems to me that she’s using these shady comments to stay relevant not the other way around.. life should be about having fun not dwelling in old grudges & issues… Brandy need to let go & let God… frfr

February 16, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Monica always came off as a b-tch to me. Don’t know why.