Entertainment

Oscars Ratings Hit 7 Year Low + Tyrese Calls out Chris Rock

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith got a lot of backlash when they announced they would be boycotting this year’s Oscar Awards, but it turns out things may have worked out in their favor.

According to Deadline, the 2016 Academy Awards was a flop.

1. Porsha

February 29, 2016 at 2:57 pm

The Oscars don’t mean as much it used to. All the award shows are losing their flair and cultural impact. I know I was a actually watching TWD instead.

• Chelly

February 29, 2016 at 3:30 pm

TWD is so good.

• Mona

March 1, 2016 at 8:23 am

I think the second half of the season is going to be epic. Thank goodness because the first half was so slow. Don’t even get me started on #DumpsterGate

2. Jess

February 29, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Tyrese always have something to say

February 29, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Besides ignoring most black films, the Oscars is just boring. Who in the right mind would want to unwind and watch that on a Sunday night anyway?

4. Yeah I Said It!

February 29, 2016 at 3:08 pm

LOL. Leave it to Tyrese to find a way to make just about anything all about him.

5. And What?

February 29, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Chris Rock lost major points with me.

6. Ms. Jackson

February 29, 2016 at 3:18 pm

I’m glad I didn’t watch this bullsh-t. I’ve seen Chris Rock do enough c–ning to last a lifetime. You don’t even get on a worldwide platform is bash your own kind. F-ck him and all the racist a-sholes who laughed at that lynching “joke”.

7. Old School

February 29, 2016 at 3:21 pm

What he said about Jada was unnecessary and false. If she’s such a nobody, why did her speaking out against the Oscars cause the ripple effect that it did? It’s sad he willingly decided to try to bring her down a peg in front of a mainly white audience. I hope they paid him enough because he’s losing a lot of black fans.

8. Heather B.

February 29, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Good. I won’t be watching next year either but I’m sure they are already picking one black film to d-ckride just to get black viewership back up next year.

9. Troll

February 29, 2016 at 3:55 pm

They can cancel this sh-t for all I care. Oscars mean nothing to me. Especially when just about every black actor who gets one flops right after.

February 29, 2016 at 4:14 pm

lmao Tyrese is such an attention whore

11. Seriously?

February 29, 2016 at 5:19 pm

*blank stare* Anyway, Jada probably regrets ever saying anything at all. Not only are white people dragging her, but black people too. Sad.

• smdh

March 1, 2016 at 2:36 am

I can’t stand Chris Rock and he’s never been funny to me. I Don’t agree with his corny a-s trying to make a joke out of our ancestors nor trying to drag Jada,but hell blacks on these sites do it all the time. The constant dragging of Ciara, Rihanna, and Beyonce is pathetic. I know it’s apples&oranges in comparison, but it’s all ridiculous. ..ijs

• smdh

March 1, 2016 at 2:39 am

Jada shouldn’t regret anything. She was standing up for what she believed in. Tyrese is well….Tyrese but I agree with him..

12. Laura

February 29, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Forget what he said about Jada (which I agree was unnecessary), but attempted jokes about ancestors “swinging from a tree” will never be funny. Nevah! I’m surprised that so much of the focus is on his Jada commentary and NOT on that egregious foul.

13. Mona

March 1, 2016 at 8:20 am

Now that the ratings are getting lower and lower, watch them try to throw black people a bone next year with the nominations. Smdh!