Jim Jones Defends Still Not Marrying Chrissy Lampkin

Jim Jones Defends Still Not Marrying Chrissy Lampkin

Photo Credit: VH1

Photo Credit: VH1

Many will agree that Jim Jones and Chrissy Lampkin are the reason Mona Scott Young’s “Love and Hip Hop” franchise ever took off, and after their departure, the couple got engaged and landed their own spinoff.

However, the wedding still hasn’t happened.

But Jim Jones has some words for anyone who has something to say about their long-term engagement.

1. Nicole

March 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I wasn’t expecting them to really get married tbh.

• Anonymous

March 8, 2016 at 3:19 pm

well chrissy sure did lmao

March 8, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Sad. It’s never going to happen. And Chrissy has to know that now.

3. Treasure8430

March 8, 2016 at 3:12 pm

He is soooo immature…so what happened to going after what you want when it comes to a man, stepping up and not waiting for him to marry you????? LOL shyt means nothing she proposed and like every1 knew she still ain’t married. I think she was desperate because he is the richest man she can get now I heard she was the girlfriend to a big time drug dealer from back in the days…anyway it just seems like Jim is wasting her time and lil bit of youth she kinda has left. He might just end up trading her in for something younger and famous, knock that person up and marry them

4. Peachy

March 8, 2016 at 3:15 pm

So his defense is the ring is nice? Good luck with that Chrissy.

March 8, 2016 at 3:19 pm

when a man doesn’t want to marry you, you can’t force him to do it

6. Ratchet Queen

March 8, 2016 at 3:24 pm

LMBO! People tried to tell Chrissy this man didn’t want to get married. He proposed once he starting to get the feeling he had to or she would leave. Now that she’s stuck around for four more years and no wedding has happened, he’s never going to do it.

7. Old School

March 8, 2016 at 3:29 pm

How embarrassing for Chrissy. I’m pretty sure she’d take a less expensive ring if it meant actually having a wedding. But she keeps sticking around so I guess there’s not much I can say.

8. Tea

March 8, 2016 at 3:30 pm

And this is why Yandy threw that shade last year Lol!! It has to burn Chrissy to know Yandy and Mendeecees got married before her and Jim did.

• Yeah I Said It!

March 8, 2016 at 4:28 pm

But did Yandy really have room to throw shade considering her man is going to be locked up for the next few years? I mean Jim may be dragging his feet on marriage but he ain’t away in jail for fed charges either. Simmer down Yandy Cakes. LOL.

• Lizzie

March 8, 2016 at 4:57 pm

I missed that! What did Yandy say?

9. julyol1972

March 8, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Why is it anybody’s business if they get married or not. They’ll do it, if ever in their own damn timeline. Folks quick to rush to the altar so they can have that piece of paper and the ring, only to get divorced soon after. Many people have got common-law marriages that lasted longer than some of the more conventional ones.

Folks too much in other people’s business nowadays! I wish he’d kept that stupid response to himself.

• Anonymous

March 8, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Agreed

10. Lurking

March 8, 2016 at 4:12 pm

If you’re on a reality show, people are going to critique your life and relationships. If that’s not something you’re ok with, don’t do reality shows and open up your life for the cameras. Jim responded because that’s who he is. People have every right to give their opinions on a relationship as open and public as Jim and Chrissy. Most of us have been watching their relationship for years. We can downplay marriage all day if we want to, but Chrissy is the one who cried for a ring and wedding, NOT US. So she obviously values marriage and wanted it for herself. We are correctly pointing out that we didn’t see a wedding happening then, and we don’t see it happening now. If a man doesn’t want marriage, it’s just not gonna happen. But I think Chrissy has decided she’d rather have Jim than nothing at all. And she’s not alone. That’s why so many women are starting to talk down on marriage. It’s therapy to them to pretend that sticking around with a man for many years is just as good as a marriage. Actually now they are lying by saying it’s better than marriage hahaha. My uncle was with his now WIFE for almost 20 years before they got married. And she would walk around and talk about how marriage is overrated and she’s happy being his common law wife. She even said her relationship is sooo much better than a real marriage. Baby, the truth came out when he finally proposed. She was happy as sh-t and loves bragging on being a wife now. Cope how you gotta I guess…fake it til you make it…etc. Marriage will always be better than playing house for ten plus years and talking out the side of your neck about people who get off their a-ses it make things official. Chrissy played herself. Rule number one, don’t settle down with a man who doesn’t want marriage when you know you do want it.

• Yeah I Said It!

March 8, 2016 at 4:32 pm

That doesn’t just apply to Chrissy that applies to a lot of women. You’re wasting your time with any man who doesn’t want marriage when you know ultimately that’s the life you want. We gotta start talking about these kind of things at the beginning of a relationship so we can get out much faster. LOL.

11. Realness

March 8, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Marriage is something the black community really needs more of. We’d be a stronger community if we encouraged it more but that’s another topic I don’t feel like arguing about on here with younger folks. Studies show marriage and wealth are pretty much connected. Married people are the first to get raises and have a better chance of investing well. Chrissy isn’t a fool for wanting marriage, but Jim just isn’t marriage material. Maybe she’s over trying to get married at this point. I hope so if she’s still with him. I always liked her.

• Yeah I Said It!

March 8, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Marriage isn’t a guarantee at all but I won’t downplay it. I get it. It’s a dope thing to have when you have your ish to together individually. I laugh at Chrissy a lot on this but real talk, I think Jim sucks for this. He just proposed to keep her around and sadly, it worked. But no one is forcing Chrissy to stay. So I guess the shady memes will just have to continue. LOL.

March 8, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I don’t know why I thought they got married two years ago. Damn Chrissy. 4 years being engaged though? Jim needs to man up for real.

13. Ms. Jackson

March 8, 2016 at 4:43 pm

The f-ck the ring got to do with him being a f-ck boy expecting a woman to be cool with a four year engagement?

14. And What?

March 8, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Lawd…

March 8, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Love & Hip Hop ain’t been good since they left.

16. deb

August 13, 2017 at 11:25 pm

It doesn’t even matter at this point if they get married or not, it won’t last nor will it work, they’ve spent the most productive years shacking up instead of building & investing in a marriage. What a waste unless they’re happy. if they’re happy then so be it…..