The New York Post Comes for Willow & Jaden Smith

The New York Post Comes for Willow & Jaden Smith

Photo Credit: Facebook

Photo Credit: Facebook

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith may have stepped on some toes with their boycott of the 2016 Academy Awards because some in the media have been gunning for them since.

After both have been getting dragged for the boycott by major publications, now the New York Post is going after their kids.

March 12, 2016 at 3:38 pm

This is rich coming from the New York Post. A trashy racist publication that spends most of its time dragging black people and putting the Kardashians on a pedestal. Weren’t they same ones who lied and said Kim’s Vogue cover outsold Michelle Obama’s and Beyonce’s? They are also pushing Kendall and Kylie out to the masses daily as well but Willow and Jaden are the problem? Willow and Jaden are harmless. They don’t deserve this.

• Twirl

March 12, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Trash publication with trash writers. I hope Willow and Jaden don’t let this bs get under their skin. These kids are already more accomplished than this grown man is and that’s why he’s really mad. I guess nepotism in Hollywood is ok unless you’re black.

2. Peachy

March 12, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Jaden and Willow are at that age where they think they have so much wisdom and know everything there is to know about life. That’s what teens do. But what I do know is they aren’t strung out on drugs, they aren’t get arrested left and right and they aren’t out here hurting people. So I don’t get the hate for them. I guess the problem is they have confidence in themselves and they are rich black kids. Of course a right wing trash mag like the Post would do something like this.

• Twirl

March 12, 2016 at 10:40 pm

That’s what I’m saying. Teens do and say dumb things that they will be ashamed of when they get in their 30s. It’s not that serious. These kids are hated by some people like they are criminals or something. They don’t bother anyone.

3. Ms. Jackson

March 12, 2016 at 3:48 pm

F-ck this corny a-s racist writer. Racists like him don’t like to see black people have pride in ourselves. And I’m sure he’s really seething to see black kids grow up better off than him and do sh-t his bitter a-s can’t afford to. That goes against the status quo. Black kids are supposed to be poor, only have one parent and be a statistic. Willow and Jaden don’t fit that narrative so his ugly a-s is mad. Trash a-s bastard.

• Tea

March 12, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Girl you said a mouthful!! I was on a FB for a NFL team I like and this Latino guy wrote he is a proud Latino so he’s happy to see Mark Sanchez doing his thing but he doesn’t think he’s a good QB. Man, so many white people ran to his post to drag him and tell him to shut up talking about his race because his race ain’t all that!! They really don’t like other races to have pride at all!! We must keep looking at them as superiors though!!

• Ms. Jackson

March 12, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Pressed as f-ck is their specialty.

• Twirl

March 12, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Sounds about right! They think they are the only ones who can have pride!

March 12, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Very disrespectful. People can’t handle watching free spirited black kids do their thing. We gotta be one way to make them happy.

5. Michelle

March 12, 2016 at 3:59 pm

If the only song he’s heard from Willow is Whip My Hair, he’s not knowledgable enough to talk about her music. Willow came a long way and her music is very good. Jaden gets on my last nerves, but I mean really he’s not that bad. He does a lot of community service so I won’t knock him. They seem like good kids.

6. Seriously?

March 12, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Jaden and Willow have been keeping grown folks pressed for a good minute now.

• Twirl

March 12, 2016 at 10:42 pm

And it’s only going to get worse as they get older. Willow will be a stunning high fashion model who dabbles in music when she feels good and ready to. Jaden has also picked up modeling and he will do more acting even if people don’t want him to. So the seething will just have to continue.

7. O-La

March 12, 2016 at 4:23 pm

They are still children. And children should not ever be attacked by adults.

March 12, 2016 at 6:03 pm

This writer is a loser. Jealous of some damn kids.

9. Tea

March 12, 2016 at 6:45 pm

I’m not going to sit here and drag these free black kids!! I wish I had the freedom to be who I wanted at their age!! Yeah, I said it!!

10. Realness

March 12, 2016 at 6:52 pm

This was already said but I’ll just confirm that a lot of white people who will argue up and down they aren’t racist don’t like it when people of color don’t fit the stereotypes they have been taught to believe about us. It really pisses them off. They need to be superior at all times. And here these two teens are, way younger than this failure of a writer and they are living the lives he only wishes he could live. He’s pathetic and it’s his parents failed. Not Will and Jada because I haven’t seen these kids use their platforms not once to bash other people. Can’t say the same for this “writer” though.

11. Im Sayin

March 12, 2016 at 7:04 pm

He should mind his own business. He wouldn’t even have written an article if these kids came from a single parent home and were struggling. He can continue to seethe.

12. Rachel

March 12, 2016 at 10:12 pm

He calls Jaden untalented but he’s not even a good writer. How the hell did he even get this job? The nerve of him calling out Willow and Jaden’s privilege but neglecting to discuss his own.

March 12, 2016 at 10:19 pm

This person is a loser. How do you even fix your fingers to come for kids?

14. Valerie

March 12, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I’m def not ok with him referring to Willow as girl. The tone of it is problematic. Very patronizing.

15. Twirl

March 12, 2016 at 10:43 pm

I support these kids because no other kids in Hollywood get this kind of hate but them. It’s really unfair.

16. Nessa

March 12, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Damn he sounds bitter. I guess he doesn’t have parents who loved him and told him he could be anything he wanted to be.

March 12, 2016 at 11:14 pm

He sounds like a Trump supporter.

18. Down Low

March 14, 2016 at 12:44 am

I knew actor Michael B or D Jordan was a pipe sucker. Him and rapper future been suckers for years. I stopped watching that show parenthood when they casted him.