Quantcast
Watch: K Michelle Breaks Down in Tears over Racism & Struggles in the Music Industry

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

K Michelle made headlines recently for checking Angela Yee during her recent radio interview with the Breakfast Club, but her interview with Sway Calloway was very raw and emotional for her.

March 31, 2016 at 5:00 pm

I almost feel for her and then I remember how she had no problems referring to other black women as monkeys and nappy headed. Don’t cry over racism when you have been racist yourself. I know people troll her but she can’t use those terms and expect black people to sympathize with her when she experiences racism. It doesn’t work that way.

• Yeah I Said It!

March 31, 2016 at 5:05 pm

True but that doesn’t make what she said about the industry any less true.

• Queen

March 31, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Agreed.

• Veronica

March 31, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I came on here to type this.

2. Peachy

March 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm

You can tell in these last few press rounds that K is not in a good place mentally or emotionally. She needs to take some time off and work on herself. And this is why I tell people they need to think long and hard about being in the music industry. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Neither is Hollywood.

3. Oprah's Wig

March 31, 2016 at 5:07 pm

She’s not her usual fiesty self lately. I mean she was lite on Angela Yee because she could have dragged her way harder than she did. Is everything ok with her?

4. Lauren

March 31, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Aww. I know she’s frustrated.

5. Get Busy

March 31, 2016 at 6:16 pm

She struggled the whole interview. She needs a good vacation.

6. Chelly

March 31, 2016 at 6:50 pm

She always has something to say about black people.

7. Bree

March 31, 2016 at 7:23 pm

I don’t like that she blames the black community for her albums not selling the way she would like them to. White people, Latino people, Asian people and others must not be buying your music either… Plus last time I checked no one asked me my race when I purchased an album, but I digress.

8. Honey

March 31, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Black people are the ones who actually support her though. So I don’t know why she’s even making this about black people letting her down. It’s white people who aren’t checking for her because they don’t know she exists. And yes the stan culture can be too much but that isn’t limited to black people.

9. My 2 Cents

March 31, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Chile she didn’t tell not one lie about the business. Rihanna and Beyonce may be the last two big stars we will have. They are white washing everything.