Quantcast
BBWLA Tanks Without Draya?

BBWLA Tanks Without Draya?

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

The latest season of “Basketball Wives LA” has been tanking ratings wise, and some are suspecting Draya’s absence could be a main factor.

1. IJS

October 27, 2016 at 4:14 pm

I just think this show has run its course. It needs to be cancelled but VH1 won’t put it out its misery yet. It’s just a matter of time before the same thing happens to Mona’s shows. There’s so many great scripted programs now with black leads. Reality shows just can’t compare.

October 27, 2016 at 4:19 pm

I don’t really think it’s about Draya. It’s just that the show is so redundant. How many times are we going to see Tami try to fight someone and Shaunie fire that person for not backing down to Tami? It’s gotten old. Not to mention Brandi can be annoying and Malaysia doesn’t have a strong personality to carry the show. Jackie is interesting but outside the show, she’s not likable because of her personal life.

October 27, 2016 at 4:41 pm

I forgot all about BBW. Truth be told the only reality shows I still watch are RHOA and Married 2 Medicine. I can’t stand a whole bunch of fighting and ratchet activity.

• Fanny

October 27, 2016 at 5:00 pm

That’s what Tami doesn’t understand…

• Erica

October 27, 2016 at 5:08 pm

I still watch the others but I feel like most of us could just watch RHOA and call it a day.

• DomiMami

October 30, 2016 at 6:20 am

Sorry, I love the shows you’ve mentioned, but how is RHOA and M2M less rachet?

They all fight
      They all get petty/ratchet/wretched
      They all include a number of black women

Seems the only difference is the fact that Andy Cohen delivers the ratch rather than Mona Scott Young (hence the upgrade in production value), and the men that the women are involved with (on Bravo) are an upgrade.

Let’s not fool ourselves, they are equally degrading.

• Anonymous

October 30, 2016 at 10:20 am

You pretty much said it for me. I feel the Bravo shows are a little less ratchet. I don’t have to watch people fist fight over s-x tapes, fight side chicks and baby mamas, etc. I like my ratchet lite hahaha. Happy Sunday.

4. O-La

October 27, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Draya knew this show was on its last legs and got the hell on. I don’t blame her.

5. Chelly

October 27, 2016 at 4:49 pm

I think people are just bored. A whole new cast could do the show some good but I know that won’t happen.

October 27, 2016 at 5:07 pm

I liked Draya on the show but that isn’t why I forget to watch it now. I just think I’ve outgrown seeing grown azz women fighting over silly ish. I’d rather be watching something else like Power, Atlanta, Empire,TWD, Insecure, Blackish, Scandal, HTGAWM, Queen Sugar, Underground, I mean really I can go on. Too many good shows on TV now to still be watching this trash.

• Lurking

October 27, 2016 at 5:14 pm

I’m still depressed Power is gone until next summer. But I do think reality shows as a whole are going to struggle as more scripted shows centered around black people come out. In the beginning, we watched reality shows because in most cases they were the only shows with black people on them. There was just an era where TV was so white washed and all the great black shows were taken away. Then Flavor of Love and Making Da Band came and that’s how we got to BBW and Mona’s shows. I feel like all of the reality shows have pretty much peaked. There’s nothing they can do to shock us anymore. We’ve seen it all and most people are still watching just out of habit.

• DomiMami

October 30, 2016 at 6:22 am

Truth written!

7. Anon

October 27, 2016 at 6:37 pm

I just think it’s the same old, same old so people aren’t pressed to watch anymore.

8. Viv

October 27, 2016 at 7:37 pm

The season has just been ok to me. I think that’s the problem. Draya wasn’t all that interesting in her last season anyway because she thought she was too good to be there.

9. Babygirl

October 28, 2016 at 7:56 am

Believe it or not, Mona’s time will come too.

10. Honey

October 28, 2016 at 5:25 pm

I haven’t really been watching. I don’t know if it’s because Draya left or the show is just boring as hell anyway. I have seen Tami fight enough times. Time for something new.