Nate Parker Won't Be Apologizing

Nate Parker Won’t Be Apologizing

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Nate Parker’s “Birth of a Nation” has been completely overshadowed by past rape accusations.

The backlash has been thick, but don’t expect him to apologize.

1. Jen Jen

October 1, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Acquitted doesn’t equal innocent in some cases. I read the entire case transcript. I was defending him at at first but if you read the transcript you’ll change your mind pretty fast. He raped that woman.

October 1, 2016 at 7:32 pm

I’m going to see this movie for Gabby and Aja. I may not be happy with Nate but I am not about to punish innocent black women because of his terrible choices. It’s not fair. If you’re offended by my choice, I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t feel like arguing today.

• Jen Jen

October 1, 2016 at 7:49 pm

I’m not offended by your choice at all. I was sceptical of going to see it after I read the court transcripts. Then I read Gabby’s article on LA times and cried for her. I honestly do believe Gabby thinks he is guilty too. Her article gives you those vibes. Like you, I’m going to see the movie because of those two women.

• Ms. Jackson

October 1, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I feel both of y’all to be honest. I have to think about this sh-t some more. I think he raped her too.

• Ms. Jackson

October 1, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Sh-t you have to do what you feel is right. I get it. I really do. I think he’s a piece of sh-t but I understand why people are still going to see the movie. Gabrielle and Aja deserve your dollars. It just sucks that Nate benefits. I may see it. I’m still on the fence.

• Anon

October 1, 2016 at 8:13 pm

I feel the same way. I wasn’t going to see it but then I thought about how I was punishing other people in the movie who don’t deserve that. Nate will gets his one day.

October 1, 2016 at 7:57 pm

I’m so tired of hearing about this. If you’re boycotting, boycott. If you’re supporting, go support. Life goes on.

4. Deja

October 1, 2016 at 8:27 pm

It’s crazy how things turned out. I was so excited about this movie too.

5. My 2 Cents

October 1, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Mess. Why do they let hm keep doing interviews?