Niecy Nash Defends Karrueche Tran Getting Star Role in 'Claws'

Niecy Nash Defends Karrueche Tran Getting Star Role in ‘Claws’

Comedian and actress Niecy Nash specifically requested that Karrueche Tran came in and audition for the role of Virginia, and according to Niecy, Karrueche nailed it.

She defended the upcoming actress in a recent interview with Ebony Magazine:

“I just felt like there was something about her that could serve Virginia. So she had to go through several rounds of auditions before she got the part, but she cried like a baby when I talked to her after booking it. We went out, and we celebrated. I was very, very happy for her, and she’s holding her own. It’s not stunt casting. She’s doing a really good job. She studied off her a*s though.”

1. And What?

June 10, 2017 at 4:00 pm

I mean she’s not the best actress but I will give her a chance to develop and get better. Claws looks like it’s going to be good as hell though.

June 10, 2017 at 4:06 pm

This girl has been on the grind something serious. She could have settled for some ratchet reality show but she did much better. I can’t even hate on her.

June 10, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Kae came a long way. Now she has to be the one to take things further and work on her craft. I’ll give her and Claws a chance.

4. Yeah I Said It!

June 10, 2017 at 4:19 pm

I’m hearing good things about Claws. Karrueche will not make or break the show for me. LOL.

June 10, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Caught the pilot. Good show.

6. Blessed

June 10, 2017 at 8:41 pm

Everybody needs a start, and unlike most she didnt settle for a spot on Love and Hop Hop she went for something bigger so I think she need not be hated on

7. Jordan's Memory

June 11, 2017 at 10:16 am

Exactly that’s how I feel too she could have easily dated ball player after ball player just to get taken care of but no she decided to work she has to start somewhere and I actually like the show, too bad she had to get beat down in the first episode though LOL

8. Ratchet Queen

June 11, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Just came on here real quick to say this show is so good! Kae is doing good too!