Mo'Nique Says Viola Davis & Taraji P. Henson Are Underpaid + Talks Issues with 'Girls Trip'

Mo’Nique Says Viola Davis & Taraji P. Henson Are Underpaid + Talks Issues with ‘Girls Trip’

Photo Credit: Instagram

Comedian Mo’Nique is no stranger to speaking her mind, especially when it comes to the behind the scenes politics in Hollywood.

She now has some words for the success of “Girls Trip” and some interesting opinions on Viola Davis and Taraji P Henson.

August 24, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Now this I actually agree with.

• Alabama

August 24, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Right! Lately I’ve been like she needs to sit down but she got it right this time!

2. Loopy

August 24, 2017 at 3:38 pm

I definitely believe this about black executives. This is true for any company I ever worked for also. The black directors and managers would be guilty of sexism and racism too. And this is also why I don’t stand behind white actresses complaining about their pay, because they never address the gap between them and black actresses.

3. Valerie

August 24, 2017 at 3:43 pm

I mean she made some good points. Especially when Taraji and Viola alone are better than 95% of that list. But this ain’t new. It’s been going on for a long time. That’s why when people of color get in positions of power, they need to step up and compensate us fairly (I’m looking at you Tyler, Will, Lee).

4. Fashionista

August 24, 2017 at 3:51 pm

The thing is a lot of black people are brainwashed. We don’t think we deserve equality even though we are always demanding it.

August 24, 2017 at 4:04 pm

See I was one of the few who was Team Mo’Nique when she first started speaking out. It was sad to see so many black people telling her to b e quiet and accept the scraps she was getting when mediocre white actresses like Jennifer Lawrence are getting wealthy to put out these boring movies. Now this list comes out and people want to cry foul when they were the same ones telling Mo’Nique she was bitter and needs to shut up. Whatever!

6. julyol1972

August 24, 2017 at 4:25 pm

She’s not saying anything new – we all know this. What I find interesting is that she’s been in the business for donkey years and was cool with everything till she didn’t get what she wanted. Now suddenly she has to be the spokesperson for black women being paid their worth? C’mon now, she’s being self serving. And notice how every damn thing she has to say always leads back to some jab at Lee Daniels. She’s got a personal vendetta against that man and she’ll use whoever she can to join her in speaking ill of him. Y’all may think she’s speaking something new but Monique is recycling old news to talk about why Lee Daniels didn’t offer her more money. Simple!

• NOFUKS2GVE

August 25, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Standing O..clap clap

7. Get Busy

August 24, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Broken clock and all that.

August 24, 2017 at 6:59 pm

I mean she ain’t lying but I still think she’s bitter.

9. D. Val

August 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Glad I actually read this. I saw the title and rolled my eyes thinking she was on her pessimist G-wagon.

August 25, 2017 at 7:40 am

She said some real sh-t. But I think Viola has peeped game because she has her own production company now.

August 25, 2017 at 1:20 pm

The truth is the truth. I don’t know what her motives are but black actresses have been severely underpaid forever. Nothing will change if we keep pretending it’s not happening. And this is why I cringe when white actresses moan about equal pay. They are making 10 times as much as actresses of color. I don’t see them speaking up about that though. Fake feminists.