LHHMIA Star Amara La Negra Called 'Hypocritical' By Miami Tip

Watch: Miami Tip Feels Amara La Negra is Hypocritical + Bobby Lytes Defends Amara

Amara La Negra instantly became the breakout star of season one of “Love and Hip Hop Miami.”

She was very vocal about the colorism that Afro Latinas experience in the Latino community.

Of course she also called out Young Hollywood for his comments regarding her afro.

He told her she switch up her look, and be more “Beyonce and less Macy Gray” to succeed in the music industry.

However, Veronica Vega, Steph Lecor and Hollywood felt she was a hypocrite because she wears extensions.

Amara thought this was ridiculous since her hair doesn’t change who she is.

Now Miami Tip is voicing the same sentiments as Amara’s foes.

During VH1’s “Messiness and Mimosas,” she had plenty to say when Bobby Lytes asked her if Amara’s hair is real:

We really don’t care. But b*tch, for a long time, she didn’t express that her hair was real but she was (raises black power fist in the air) I’m black and I’m proud.

All Amara had to do and say was in the beginning, my afro is not real.

Bobby then came to Amara’s defense:

In Amara’s defense, she has never ever said that her fro is real. And that her eyes is real. She never said that.

But Tip wouldn’t back down:

She never said that directly but what Amara says is you need to be proud of who you are.

Bobby once again did his best to defend Amara:

But as an artist, I feel like she has done…she’s like, this is the representation of what I see as an Afro Latina. My fro is not perfect all the time, so I’ma add add extensions. I think I look fierce with my contacts, so I’m leave my contacts in. She said at the end of the day, this is my skin tone. I can’t change that. I am Afro Latina. This is who I am but this is my image. This is what it is. There’s nothing wrong with it because everyone wears wigs.

Check out the video below:

April 1, 2018 at 6:33 pm

Miami Tip stay low key hating on Amara. Amara has all these lessers shook.

2. Gabriella

April 1, 2018 at 7:07 pm

All these people are just jealous it’s obvious Amara is the breakout star and they trying to find anything to criticize. These people look so stupid trying criticize her for adding extensions to her fro smh. Especially when these the same chicks with bundles down to they a-s.

• Ughhhhhhhhhh

April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Blonde bundles at that. The hypocrisy ?

3. Nessa

April 1, 2018 at 8:02 pm

People are always trying to police what black women do with our hair. I’m so over it.

April 1, 2018 at 8:33 pm

I just sit back and chuckle because everyone has been proving Amara’s point.

5. Ms. Jackson

April 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Tip needs to shut her hating a-s up. I could tell she was pressed by Amara at the reunion. She can seethe tho!

6. julyol1972

April 2, 2018 at 4:12 am

Meanwhile, Amara’s got 2 banging a-s songs out and I’m still waiting to hear something from Tip. #jealousy

7. Over It

April 2, 2018 at 6:58 am

Why are we still talking about her hair? Move on already, i hope this doesn’t drag out 3 seasons like Kirk and his maybe baby storyline

8. Debra

April 2, 2018 at 8:55 am

Why are they making such a big deal about Amara wearing extensions? It’s like everyone can wear wigs, weaves and extensions except black women.

April 2, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Tip talks all this sh-t while she has all that blonde weave in her head. Girl bye.

10. This Is Crazy

April 2, 2018 at 1:36 pm

Ahh, colorism strikes again. Notice how the lighter skinned women are the ones coming for Amara so hard on this wack azz show. They can wear all the weaves they want but Amara is wrong for wearing extensions that match her actual hair type.