Love Is Show Creators Called out in New Interview

‘Love Is___’ Creator Mara Brock Akil Called out in Interview

love is show creators

Photo Credit: YouTube/Own

Weeks ago, fans of “Love Is___” were rocked by allegations made about one of the show’s creators, Salim Akil.

Not only was he accused of stealing the show’s concept, but a woman claims he was abusive in an affair that they had for years.

Controversy followed and OWN decided to cancel the show.

Now the accuser is speaking out and making more allegations in a new interview.

1. WhatWhat

December 27, 2018 at 7:54 pm

This woman sounds like a mess.

2. blackrose

December 27, 2018 at 9:00 pm

you have a affair with someone else husband and claim he was abusive live you were suppose to be with him in the first place

3. My 2 Cents

December 27, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Chile…

4. Jordan's Memory

December 28, 2018 at 8:27 am

This woman is so irritating to me! Girl, Are you saying that his wife suppose to have had sympathy for her husband beating the side chicks arse? Are you serious? I just can’t with her. Please Please stop giving this woman a platform to speak on. You made horrible decisions one after the other from the time you started sleeping with a married man, if that abuse was so horrible all you had to do is leave, simple. but you stayed for whatever reason even after all the horrible things you said he has done so deal with the consequences use it as a lesson learned and move on, but please stop playing the victim!!! There are REAL Domestic Violence victims out here who need a platform to speak on and you are taking up the stage with your foolishness.

5. Raisha

December 28, 2018 at 11:57 am

So this woman was triggered when she saw Mara being successful on a magazine cover. Sounds like she’s jealous and this is her way of getting revenge on a woman who did nothing to her. Her issue should be with Salim. Leave Mara out of this foolishness.

6. Troll

December 28, 2018 at 1:12 pm

It’s hard for me to feel sympathy for a woman who had an affair with a married man while being married herself. She had the affair to advance herself and when it didn’t happen, she decided to plot. I also question if they actually stole that screenplay. Mara and Salim have been making movies and tv shows for years. And the show is based on their relationship. They didn’t have to steal sh-t from this woman. And I say that as someone who cringed at Love Is.

7. Lay Lay

December 28, 2018 at 1:21 pm

More proof that some shady people are using the Me Too Movement for their own personal gain.

8. It Has To Be Said

December 28, 2018 at 1:40 pm

Read the whole thing and she said she was still f-cking him up until last year. The more and more she talks, the less of a victim she seems like to me. Just saying. Oprah may have rushed into cancelling this show. Had she sat back and waited for all the details, she may have decided that this is really just another case of a side chick being mad the wife didn’t leave. Actors and behind the scenes people shouldn’t be punished because she attempted to f-ck her way into success and failed.

9. Ms. Jackson

December 28, 2018 at 1:51 pm

The only thing I care about is Black Lightning. As long as its not cancelled, I have no f-cks to give.

10. FishyAF

December 29, 2018 at 1:17 pm

Her attempts to now blame Mara for being complicit in her “abuse,” tells me that her initially reaching out to Mara was an attempt to set Mara up. Anybody with eyes can see what this is. Married men: Leave these women alone. Salim done messed up his family’s money behind some foolishness. Mara loses her gig behind his stupidity and he gets to still be the showrunner for Black Lightening.

Amber may think she’s winning today by getting the show cancelled. But, once the dust settles she will see otherwise. She’s trying to hurt the Akils and embarrass them. What’s crazy to me is that she’s willing to sacrifice herself to do it. Because there is no way in the world I would subject my sons and future generations of my kids to reading on social media about their mom leaving the house for 10 years to get pissed in the mouth, lick dirty walls and fingers up the a-s and then claiming abuse only after the man had moved on. Nope.