Dominique Gardner Interview: Accuser Doesn't Want R Kelly in Jail

R. Kelly’s Ex-Girlfriend & Accuser Dominique Gardner Doesn’t Want Him in Jail

Dominique Gardner Interview

Photo Credit: Instagram

Many watched Lifetime network’s documentary “Surviving R. Kelly.”

In the documentary, multiple people made shocking accusations about the singer.

He’s also been accused of running a s*x cult in his homes.

While two women have remained with him amid the piling up of accusations, one young woman managed to leave on the documentary.

Her mother pursued the hotel she was in and convinced her to come home.

And now Dominique Gardner is breaking her silence.

In a recent interview with the New Yorker, she claims R. Kelly was physically abusive. Although he would allegedly quickly apologize after allegedly beating her, the last straw for her was not being allowed to see her younger brother graduate.

She stuck around for nine years.

While she recalls many dark moments, she also doesn’t want to see R. Kelly sent to jail.

Here’s what she had to say:

That’s the reason why I never wanted to come out. Because I’m not trying to defend him and what he has done, but, at the end of the day, you don’t understand what he’s been through, as a child.

I feel like he should be on house arrest in a studio, because, like I said, his music makes him get through the situations, what’s he going through. Jail time, no. He needs to have a twenty-four-hour therapist at his house.

Dominique is now in therapy.

1. Shannon

March 13, 2019 at 8:20 pm

He has done a number on these girls. R Kelly belongs under the jail. Being a victim doesn’t give one an excuse to become an abuser and rapist. There are plenty of people who have been abused as children who didn’t decide to start raping kids.

2. Get Busy

March 13, 2019 at 8:24 pm

She sounds conflicted, like most victims of abuse. I wish her well and many years of therapy.

3. Realness

March 13, 2019 at 8:33 pm

I think R Kelly tells these women he was molested because he knows they will feel sorry for him and they will be more forgiving of all the wrong he does to them. It’s evil to use something like that to hurt other people.

• Tea

March 14, 2019 at 9:56 pm

I believe this as well. He’s evil.

4. Jordans Memory

March 14, 2019 at 8:22 am

She is definitely confused. On one hand she says that she wouldn’t let him control her, but u had to ask to use the bathroom and eat? So that’s not control? A lot of these woman say they simply packed up and went home for whatever reason, I wonder if he let them go simply because he no longer wanted them and wanted to replace them with someone else. I have a hard time believing he was that controlling where you had to ask to use the bathroom but you were able to pack your stuff and walk out the door because he said you couldn’t go somewhere. He really has these woman brainwashed believing his sick twisted ways is love. I have yet to here what kept these woman with him because they don’t seem like they were living in the lap of luxury. Either way that man should pay for what he has done.

5. My 2 Cents

March 14, 2019 at 4:06 pm

The brainwashing is still there.