Pastor Gray Affair: John Gray Responds to the Rumors

ICYMI: Pastor John Gray Says His Emotional Affair Isn’t the Same Thing as Sleeping with Someone Else

Pastor Gray Affair

Photo Credit: YouTube/The Real

Looks like Pastor Gray is ready to shut down the rumors.

He was asked if there’s any truth that he cheated on his wife Aventer during their interview with “The Real.”

And this is what he had to say:

The answer is no, I didn’t.

But over a year ago, my wife and I were in a very difficult place. And in that time, I began to converse with someone other than a counselor. Other than a pastoral leader which I should have taken my issues and challenges and began to converse.

And I was even in the presence of that person one time.

He goes on to say that what he did isn’t the same thing sleeping with someone else:

But being in the presence of someone one time is not the same as sleeping with them.

I did not sleep with someone. There is no baby…there is none of that. So it’s important for me to take responsibilities for the areas where I did come up short.

The pastor also stressed that he had an emotional affair:

Sharing things about my marriage outside of my wife and outside of trusted counselors is an emotional affair. It was wrong. I take responsibility for that. But I will not take responsibility for that which I did not do.

Check out the video below.

1. Just Saying

March 14, 2019 at 9:34 pm

Why was his wife sitting there clapping and grinning like that? Yikes.

• Anonymous

March 14, 2019 at 9:51 pm

I think most of her identity comes from this marriage and being a first lady. She cares about her image and playing down what her husband did is good for business. And it is definitely a business with these mega churches.

March 14, 2019 at 9:42 pm

I don’t understand why some people feel like an emotional affair isn’t as bad as a s-xual one. It’s still a form of cheating and he was dead wrong. I notice he spends a lot of time on the pulpit telling black women what they need to become to be excellent wives, but he’s out here having affairs and embarrassing his own wife. And she’s sitting there smiling through it all like it’s not a big deal.

• Get Busy

March 14, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Bingo. This is why black women need to be wary of any black man telling them what they need to do in life. Especially these “pastors.” A lot of them are fraudulent.

3. Hater

March 14, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Yeah he probably had much more than an emotional affair.

4. Porsha

March 14, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Something about this couple is just shady to me.

5. BS

March 14, 2019 at 10:01 pm

Actually emotional affairs may actual be worse because it’s a true connection.

March 15, 2019 at 12:04 pm

Yuck all around. A lot of church people are so hypocritical.

7. Anon

March 15, 2019 at 1:02 pm

These mega church preachers are the biggest hipacrits around. He seems cocky and quick to judge others(gays). Then his wife gladly accepts a 2 million dollar Lamborghini truck and all is forgiven.