'Queen Sugar' Recap: Blue Learns the Truth + Nova Rekindles an Old Flame

‘Queen Sugar’ Recap: Blue Learns the Truth + Nova Rekindles an Old Flame

Queen Sugar Season 4 Episode 5 Recap

Photo Credit: OWN

By: AJ Niles

On the latest episode of “Queen Sugar,” Blue’s world is shattered when he hears from a child on the playground the truth about Ralph Angel.

As a result, Ralph Angel and Darla have to have a serious talk with Blue.

Meanwhile, Davis runs to Charley for help, Micah gets a tattoo as a tribute to Ant, Remy gives a goodbye.

Lastly, Nova rekindles a flame with her former college professor.

Here’s the recap for, “Face Speckled.”

1. Denise

July 11, 2019 at 7:13 am

Nova was wrong. Her book exposed secrets that were private for her family. Very interesting that she didn’t expose her own secrets.

I am concerned about Micah.

• Diane

July 12, 2019 at 9:35 am

I totally agree with you that Nova was wrong to reveal her family members secrets. Especially without their knowledge and permission. And, it’s very interesting that she didn’t reveal her own!
      I am most concerned about Blue because he’s just a child and his mother and Ralph Angel are the only ones who had the right to tell him that Ralph Angel isn’t his biological father.

July 11, 2019 at 8:25 am

This season has been off. I don’t like this whole Nova tell all book storyline.

3. Pamela D White

July 11, 2019 at 9:08 am

I don’t like this season either. The book thing is making no sense at all. I absolutely hate the Nova character now. That lesbian stuff is not convincing at all. I want Darla and Ralph Angel together. Show’s just not clicking for me.

• Queen

July 11, 2019 at 9:22 am

I agree. I’m so tired of Darla and Ralph Angel being apart. They should have never broken up in the first place.

• Brandy

July 12, 2019 at 9:13 am

I like Ralph Angel with the new girl. He us more laid back and romantic. I like Darla too, but he works better with the new girl.

I dont like Nova with a woman. She works better with a man.

• Diane W Gaffney

July 12, 2019 at 9:38 am

I definitely agree that Nova works better with a man.

4. Diane Gaffney

July 11, 2019 at 10:22 am

I don’t like this season. Primarily for two reasons, Nova’s book will make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the family members to recover their previous closeness and because, even though, I don’t object to gay characters, I definitely don’t want to watch them slobbering all over each other for any length of time. Furthermore, I had strongly recommended this show to a few close relatives and I know that they did not appreciate the long drawn out love scene with Nova and her female former professor.

5. Susan Claudia

July 11, 2019 at 4:27 pm

This is the best season of Queen Sugar ever. As good, if not better than the first season! And a great recovery from the slow Season 3. It’s really intense. Incredibly moving. I don’t know how they will end the season, it’s so intense, but I’ll be watching to see where it goes. They went all out this season. Congrats to ms. Ava DuVernay and the writer Showrunner mr. Anthony Sparks. One of the best shows on TV. They’d have Emmys if they were white.

• Zappy

July 14, 2019 at 11:04 pm

I agree that this should be an Emmy winning show. I agree that the book definitely breaks Nova off from the rest of the family – but the family is still intact. I have a sister who does this ALL the time. Throws a bomb+ runs and hides + and then pretends she didn’t do anything. Leaving others to clean up her mess. I think the show couldn’t keep going like it did last season – kinda slow and I think Ralph Angel is calmer with this new girl – with Darla it was always volatile – but I personally thought they would have married these two and have her sleeping around -but the show remains real. Many fathers raise kids that are not theirs. One of my best friends is the third child for his mother and father and it was always very obvious the man was just not his father. Finally, his mom told him the truth. The problem was – he looked exactly like his real father, who was also married. Just embarrassing all around.

6. Sharon

July 11, 2019 at 9:39 pm

I be glad when there is a storyline that works out for Charley and she dont have to keep working so hard just to be torn down yet again.

7. Shar A

July 12, 2019 at 12:47 pm

This is my 1st season watching Queen Sugar. Caught season 4 episode 1 by accidental surprise and am hooked! I love hating Nova & her scandalous cry baby self!! Probably because i have a sister who stirs the pot & then cries when people get pissed. I need to find back episodes and catch up!!

8. Diane W Gaffney