Van From 9Mag Lawsuit Update: Van Responds on Instagram

After the Latest ‘Black Ink Crew Chicago’ Episode Airs, Van Claps Back at the Lawsuit

Van From 9Mag Lawsuit

Photo Credit: VH1

On the latest episode of “Black Ink Crew Chicago,” 9Mag was slapped with a lawsuit.

A disgruntled client is suing over a tattoo done by Van.

It was a cover-up. And the client took photos of a tattoo that appeared to be nothing more than a black blob.

After the episode aired, Van took to social media to tell his side.

And he claims things aren’t what they seem.

1. Rachel

July 3, 2019 at 11:15 pm

That picture she took looks sketchy.

2. Shenika Bankston

July 4, 2019 at 7:20 am

Let’s see the WHOLE tattoo!!

• Anonymous

July 4, 2019 at 8:01 am

He did show the whole tattoo. That picture that client showed looks manipulated. I’m pretty sure Van didn’t just tattoo a black blob on her.

• Angela Wynter Palermo

July 4, 2019 at 8:46 am

Yeah no one can be so dumb

• Angela

July 4, 2019 at 8:45 am

Please it’s so confusing different from the show diffrent tattoo & woman not a man damn #VH1 how you gonna spin this so weird so that dude coming in the store talking about suing 9Mag was a lie too? Is 9mag even a tatt shop?

• Anonymous reader

July 8, 2019 at 4:34 pm

It’s 2 different clients. The woman is suing saying that he just tattooed a black blob. The man said that his tattoo got infected and he had to go to the hospital but he’s not suing anyone. He asked Ryan to give him a new tat, probably free. I call BS on both clients! Like Van said it was infected all around but not the tattoo itself. And I’m no expert on being sued but the one and only time I got sued I was served by a sheriff. The papers definitely did not come thru the mail!!

3. Andre

July 4, 2019 at 2:34 pm

The tattoo of the colorful face is horrible. It has a five o’clock shadow. That black out cover up looks like something pissed off gang members would do. Or maybe that’s just in the movies.

4. Swan

July 5, 2019 at 7:52 am

In my opinion.. it doesn’t matter what the tattoo looks like up above her shorts or her skirt. As an artist it was his job to make sure that every aspect of his artwork came out great. You can’t just say well yeah I put a Black Blob at the bottom of her thigh but the Top of it is Amazing. That’s Horrible. And it’s Apparent that he couldn’t do a proper cover up.. he just blacked it out.

5. Shannon

July 5, 2019 at 8:06 am

I can’t believe people really believe Van would just tattoo a black blob on someone. It’s obvious he’s being lied on. But TV is a trip. He posted a picture showing what he actually tattooed, and most people still believe the worst. Crazy.

• akia Howard

July 8, 2019 at 10:06 pm

It’s not only one person making a complaints it was too different people.lawd people need to pay attention an I don’t think he just did a black spot but I would like to see while tattoo like he said it looks like the shape of Africa the state .ijs would love seeing all the work before judging but sh-t this permanent so if this is it I would be pissed as well