'Queen Sugar' Recap: Charley Works with Jacob + Ralph Angel Gets Real About Darla

‘Queen Sugar’ Recap: Charley Works with Jacob + Ralph Angel Gets Real About Darla

Queen Sugar Season 4 Episode 11 Recap

Photo Credit: OWN

By: A.J. Niles

On the latest “Queen Sugar,” a major storm puts some of the characters in precarious or revealing situations.

This includes Charley and Jacob trapped together in Aunt Vi’s diner. Jacob receives revealing family information. Micah and Kiki are with their friends as they all hope to make their prom. Their college plans are also revealed and Kiki’s nervous about what they planned after.

Meanwhile, Aunt Vi and Hollywood bond and Ralph Angel revealed to Deesha his true feelings for Darla. Darla’s feelings are also still strong for Ralph Angel and she wants things to go back to how they were. Turns out, Ralph Angel wants to as well.

Here’s the recap for, “I’m Sorry.”

1. Barbee

August 29, 2019 at 8:15 am

I’m so happy that Ralph Angel was honest about how he feels about Darla. That’s growth. It was obvious he never fell out of love with her. They would have been married if Darla never told him about Blue. He’s always loved her and she’ll always be his person.

2. Shayla

August 29, 2019 at 11:33 am

Keke is so gorgeous. And my heart when Ralph Angel said what he did about Darla 😩. That man is in love. So sweet.

• Lauren

August 29, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Keke is a doll.

3. Zodiac

August 29, 2019 at 11:59 am

Great episode. Some of us knew Deesha was temporary. The writers always planned to put Darla and Ralph Angel back together.

• Gaynelle Wright

August 29, 2019 at 1:29 pm

I liked him with Deesha, she was good for him. I could see him going places with her.

• Zodiac

August 29, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Deesha was cool. But Ralph Angel doesn’t need Deesha to “go places.” He’s no longer that character from the first season. He has his own drive. His own ambition. He doesn’t need a woman to lead him. And that is why he’s chosen to be with Darla. It’s not about what she can do for him. He just loves her and wants her in his life. That’s the best growth.

• Anonymous

August 29, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Darla is good for him as well. Remember when Ralph’s own sisters told him he couldn’t run the farm? Well Darla was the only one who told him he could. She believed in him when no one else did. And he ended up proving his own sisters wrong. Deesha is a good woman. But so is Darla. And that’s where his heart is.

August 29, 2019 at 2:00 pm

I’m so happy Darla and RA are getting back together. It was very clear they never fell out of love with each other. It didn’t matter who they dated. They couldn’t truly move on because they knew where they really wanted to be. It was very mature of RA to realize this and be honest with Deesha so he could stop wasting her time. And her response was golden. She deserves to be with someone who cares for her the way RA cares for Darla. Women should always know their worth. I loved the episode.

August 29, 2019 at 2:13 pm

So happy for Ralph and Darla. And I’m here for Nova realizing she was wrong and repairing her relationships.

6. Sister Bayou Girl

August 29, 2019 at 4:03 pm

Darla and Ralph Angel needed to get back together for their child Blue. I am glad
    This family has come together. Their is nothing like family… I love this show.

August 29, 2019 at 4:57 pm

OMG I’m so into my feelings now this felt so real.They both deserve 2 be happy…

8. Ms. Jackson

August 29, 2019 at 5:08 pm

It’s about d-mn time Darla and Ralph Angel got back together. I’ve been waiting for this since they broke up. I was mad as h-ll when he dumped her. Lmao. I’ve always loved them together. The love they have for each other is genuine. And I’m glad Blue gets his family back.

9. Theresa Weatherby

August 29, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Where is Davis? He came back to be close to both children and then is “dropped off of the face of the earth.” Strange indeed. Others, even Ralph Angel take up his role. Hmmmmm. Good that Ralp Angel is in touch with his feelings for Darla. Blue is happy too! Vi and Hollywood are back in full “nuptials!” The family sendoff for Micah’s prom was congenial, but Davis is his father and is consistently absent all of a sudden. Jacob gets some guts. Hope it works out for Charley.

August 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Anyone else get the feeling that Charley and Jacob are going to get together?

• Mina Kennedy

August 30, 2019 at 12:19 pm

11. Lauren

August 29, 2019 at 7:08 pm

Love this show so much. And I’m always rooting for Darla and Ralph Angel. I love their love.