'Black Ink Crew Chicago' Star Ryan Henry Defends Black Women

‘Black Ink Crew Chicago’ Star Ryan Henry Defends Black Women

Photo Credit: VH1

Ryan Henry got some backlash for the season finale of “Black Ink Crew Chicago.” Some viewers didn’t like that he closed down the original shop. But he stood firm on his decision. And he told people on social media that he had to do what was right for his business.

When he’s not promoting his brand, he’s speaking his mind. One of his recent posts on Instagram caused quite a stir. It was meant to uplift black women. However, some people rushed to the comment section to do the opposite. And Ryan wasn’t having it.

1. Lisa

September 6, 2019 at 10:51 am

It’s pathetic that black women can’t be complimented without self hating black men and non black women having a fit.

September 6, 2019 at 11:24 am

I saw this post and it’s a lot of Latinas being hateful and messy in the comments. One said Mexican women have the best smelling hair. Why do they do this?

• Meg

September 6, 2019 at 5:18 pm

I don’t get it either. A black man complimenting black women shouldn’t trigger them.

• Joyce Parker

September 8, 2019 at 2:25 am

I started to read all the comments and find it interesting to read how black women don’t understand that Ryan gave them a compliment. Maybe they cannot distinguish the difference between their real hair and extensions. I proudly wear both. We all shampoo our hair but I know many women that dont identify with their natural hair which I find beautiful as a black women.

• CC

September 6, 2019 at 7:17 pm

They can’t believe a black man is finally picking us over them so they’re hating. Hate on……..

• G

September 9, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Exactly as soon as u wanna date black only people wanna racialize tha sh-t act like black men n women supposed ta not love each other n run around f-cking n loving n trying ta prove ourselves ta everybody but our own but when whites n others wanna f-ck with there own kind all of a sudden thats not racist F-CK OUTA HERE..SMH..💯💯💯

• Denise E Martin

September 7, 2019 at 6:20 pm

It’s about time we love ourselves and our MEN ACKNOWLEDGE IS!!!

3. Deanna Smith

September 6, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Black women these days are so use to being treated with disrespect and second class species, they don’t even realize when a man is respecting them and how we as black women take care of ourselves. I agree with Ryan, they must hate themselves..

• Ms. Positive

September 6, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Agree

• Boss Hogg

September 6, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Actually, it was a lot of Hispanic women having a fit over what Ryan said…not black women…

4. Nutra jones

September 6, 2019 at 8:59 pm

As long as SOME black men keep putting us down, non black women will think it is the norm. They will never understand that not ALL black men feel or think the same about us. The majority love who they came from, A BEAUTIFUL BLACK QUEEN.

5. Yolanda N Mcgee

September 6, 2019 at 10:29 pm

Dat part dat part

6. Casey Grimes-Finley

September 7, 2019 at 12:26 pm

Ryan is a suga cube,so f’n fine (shhhhhhhhhh don’t tell my husband).I’m glad to see he’s making business be about business this time around,especially since so many businesses are not staying afloat in this bad economy.Sooooooooooo make sure you are on your business,Ryan!Thank you,Casey Grimes-Finley,Chicago,Illinois

7. Chloe

September 7, 2019 at 10:47 pm

Bryan Henry, you are a real black man and black women’s loves you and you are a very handsome man keep praising your black women’s we love you.and ilove your show keep up the good work.

8. Yary Jaabree

September 8, 2019 at 7:49 am

Women of other color annoy me with that d-mn “HATING ON BLACK WOMEN STUFF.” THEY HATE TO HEAR A BLACK MAN COMPLIMENT US BLACK QUEENS I’M NATURAL AND I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL CURLY SALT AND PEPPEER HAIR. I JUST LOVE AND I’M EXTREMELY PROUD OF WHO I AM AND HOW I LOOK. I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL BROWN SKIN AND TGE MELANIN IN IT IT. THE HOES TGAT ARE HATING NEED TO SIT BACK AND REALIZE ALL BLACK MEN DON’T WANT Y’ALL BUM A-S LOL. LAMES. AND TO MY OTHER BLACK QUEENS WE HAVE TO LEARN TO LOVE THE SKIN THAT GOD AND JESUS GIFTED US WITH. THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH OUR HAIR NOR OUR SKIN. WE ARE UNIQUE. THE REASON WHY BLACKS ARE SO UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFUL IS BECAUSE WE COME IN ALL SHADES AND OUR LIPS NOSE AND OTHER FEATURES ARE UNIQUE BECAUSE GOD AND JESUS MADE US THAT WAY.