'Greenleaf' Recap: Another Bombshell is Dropped on Grace

‘Greenleaf’ Recap: Another Bombshell is Dropped on Grace

Greenleaf Season 4 Episode 1 Recap

Photo credit: OWN

By: A.J. Niles

On the season 4 premiere of “Greenleaf,” despite losing the church, Grace does all she can to work her plan to perfection.

She threatens to leave Calvalry for good if Harmony & Hope Ministries do not install Charity and Jacob as associate pastors. Meanwhile, Sophia’s on her way to college and Zora asks to move into Noah’s old pool house. Speaking of Noah, he returns and calls Grace about a son who is locked up.

Lastly, Jacob gets a new job offer and Kerissa clashes with Grace and Mae.

Here’s the recap for, “Original Sin.”

1. Janette Simmons

September 4, 2019 at 8:41 am

Great seeing Mr Beau Bridges. I was honored to volunteer in the Disney movie Nightjohn, serving the Celebs tea on the big porch. I was so neverous I almost dropped the tray:)

2. Jancy Dan

September 5, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Wow Grace abd Noah have a son I founder why she keep him a secret I think if she would have told Noah they might got back together and he would be with that Isabella chick.

3. Lorraine Hawkins

September 5, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Too many SKELETONS falling out Pastor Gracie closet for me. I’m sure she would REMEMBER having a baby or not🙄 ..the nerve of her giving Lady Mae grief🤷🏽‍♀️

4. Dee

September 5, 2019 at 5:55 pm

That was some bombshell! Noah and Grace had a baby? This is a story we haven’t heard a thing about….and I can’t wait! Also Mae’s childhood and what in the world is wrong with charity? She is a hot mess….pain in the mess!

5. Jonnie

September 5, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Grace is a poor example of a minister. She drinks, she’s too comfortable with the cop played by Rick Fox. She had s-x with that young man before his wedding. This is a terrible way to potray church leaders. The bishop was beginning to fall for Basie’s sister. She played him big time. The whole family is totally messed up. Unfortunately this mess happens in real life.

• Nadine

September 10, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Being a pastor doesn’t exempt one from sin. Grace is human and flawed just like the rest of us. Yes, our spiritual leaders should be held to a higher standard, but not placed on a pedestal. Besides, when have you ever known sin to go unpunished?

• Erica G.

September 12, 2019 at 11:34 am

Rick Fox’s character, Darius, is a reporter and not a cop.

6. S Lee

September 5, 2019 at 8:08 pm

I figured it out watching the trailer about Grace and Noah.

7. Kim Harris

September 6, 2019 at 10:28 am

I love Greenleaf but now the film looks grainy
    iIt seems as if they are not showing the beautiful
    sets and camera angles. The storylines are still
    good even if everyone is drunk That “Music Man”
    as Lady Mae called him last season may have helped drive Charity
    to the bottle Now he is Nate a respectable doctor on the Young and Restless 🙂

8. Parker

September 12, 2019 at 12:21 pm

I was a fan at the inception of Greenleaf but now it’s a non watch for me. Who is man or woman of God? Who represents the image of Christ? I recognize that no one is perfect but to have a show based on Christians and have NO ONE that anyone can look at and spiritually see Christ is sad and unreal. Not every Christian is waist deep in a sinful life. It’s too OVER the top for me. Yes we all experience trials yet we don’t all just dive in.