'Love & Marriage: Huntsville' Star Melody Holt Defends Martell Holt Calling Mistress a Peasant

‘Love & Marriage: Huntsville’ Star Melody Holt Defends Martell Holt Calling Mistress a Peasant

Photo Credit: OWN

On the season premiere of “Love & Marriage: Huntsville,” viewers got interesting updates on all the couples. However, Melody and Martell Holt have gotten worse. Now Melody wants a divorce.

Things worsened after Martell got another phone call from his former mistress. Now Melody isn’t convinced Martell really ended things. However, it’s what Martell called his former mistress that has people talking more. And Melody doesn’t feel like he was out of line to call her what he did.

September 8, 2019 at 1:30 pm

I’m not offended by what he called her. It’s kind of hard for me to have sympathy for her or Martell. They were both wrong to have an affair period. So no outrage from me.

2. TB

September 8, 2019 at 4:15 pm

She wasn’t a peasant when he was with her..stoooppppp …just say U messed up and move on..dragging her name make both of you look petty. When it boils down..u still wrong!!

• Just Saying

September 8, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Yes he’s wrong. And so is the woman who slept with a married man for 3 years.

• Anita taylor

September 9, 2019 at 4:02 am

How do he see his wife they the out side have something like her

• 6800 cedar field dr

September 9, 2019 at 11:38 pm

Tell your husband how wrong he is and give her respect when she f your husband

3. Guest

September 9, 2019 at 1:17 am

I was offended and speechless that Martell had the audacity and arrogance to call this woman a “peasant “, saying she’s “low-class”. Clearly, he attracted who he is representing at the time he engaged in the affair. So, if she’s a “peasant” than so was he. Yes, for sure she was wrong and out of line for carrying on an affair with him as a married man. However, Martell’s character is very shaky, as well. I appreciated what the psychologist brought to his attention. He needs to introspect on who he is and figure out how he can change himself and how he behaves in his marriage.

• Shaky

September 10, 2019 at 4:39 pm

uhhhh, boo boo…. side hoes ARE low class peasants… PERIOD!!!!!!!!

• Babygirl

September 13, 2019 at 7:14 am

That part, you hit the nail on the HEAD!

• Angel G Latson

September 15, 2019 at 5:51 pm

This is the gag…Mel stole HIM from this woman he’s now referring to as a “peasant”. He was in a several year relationship with this woman who by the way is Mel’s sorority sister…Smh now he has the nerve to drag this woman’s character and make her look like a home wrecking side chick…so foul

• Sugar

September 15, 2019 at 6:51 pm

D-mn shame affairs of the heart

4. Evelyn Swinton

September 9, 2019 at 6:00 am

She wasn’t that when he was sleeping with her please he going right back to her it’s about how he going he a hoe

5. Nikki

September 9, 2019 at 8:25 am

If she is a peasant then what does that make him for being interested in her and sleeping with her? Was that peasant worth all that he has risked at home with his wife, family and friends. This clearly shows that he is still not taking responsibility for his choices!

• T

September 15, 2019 at 10:20 am

Why would he call her a peasant now(maybe Melody should think about that) somebody he has been with for 3?years!!!

September 9, 2019 at 8:55 am

I guess I’m just confused about the outrage over him calling her a peasant. Why do people care so much? I mean if he wasn’t loyal to his wife, why would he be loyal to his side chick? There are bigger issues here than what a man called his side chick.

• Guest

September 9, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Hmm.. I don’t understand why you think it’s ok for him to disrespect this woman regardless to her being a side chick. Do you not recognize how his attitude and words all work together in the bigger scheme of things? How his lack of moral character in how he described her and treated Melody reflects his total lack of respect for women? Furthermore, are you saying that there are instances when a man has a right to demean and degrade a woman? 🤔

• Anonymous

September 9, 2019 at 7:53 pm

It’s amazing how you just sat here and completely made up your own interpretation of what I said and basically imagined words I never typed.

• Guest

September 10, 2019 at 1:29 pm

I’m sorry you got that impression since I was just asking questions not making statements. 🤔.. oh well. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Anonymous

September 10, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Never meant to have a misunderstanding. I apologize. I hope you’re having a great day.

• Guest

September 10, 2019 at 9:48 pm

Thanks for your apology. I apologize as well if I came across offensive. Have a good evening. 😊

• 6800 cedar field dr

September 9, 2019 at 11:18 pm

Is it right for a side chick to willingly participate in s-xing a married man for 3 yrs?

Ask that same questions when that sh-t happens to [email protected]

Check your husband so he wont hurt the woman he is s-xing feelings!

• Guest

September 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Wow! Are you upset about something? I don’t know you and you don’t know me to be so abrupt and rude. Smh 🤦🏽‍♀️ This is why I don’t engage in these forums.

• 6800 cedar field dr

September 9, 2019 at 11:36 pm

See how much respect you have for this hoe when she f your husband for 3 yrs..

Make your husband respect his side chick..you cant think somebody elses husband should!

7. Tasha Skanks

September 9, 2019 at 10:24 am

I didn’t watch this show because I didn’t like Martell from the giddyup. He is smug, arrogant, and conceited with little reason. I just turned it to watch the past season. The title should be A-sholes and the women who love them.

8. Ms. Jackson

September 9, 2019 at 8:17 pm

I really didn’t give a f-ck when he said it tbh and still don’t. That man cheats on his wife and has cheated on her multiple times. Him calling this particular side chick a peasant doesn’t show us some new side to him. Who he is was made clear the first time he cheated years ago. So I don’t get the outrage either. Martell was f-cked up as a person way before he said this. None of this is shocking.

9. Katheryn

September 12, 2019 at 10:17 am

No was defending the side chick, she’ll feel the pain one she gets married & he hubby cheats. The problem is if martell kept running to someone for 3 years he calls a peasant, the lowest type, and putting her requests & needs & desires above his beautiful wifes than this seems to make his thoughts of melody ( for 3 whole years) as being even less than this side chick. This makes martell’s entire mentality, personally & attitude scum. Aint no way in mind opinion he deserved Melody back, I would have been done permanently but we the public cannot tell nobody when they should leave their spouse.

• Patty

September 14, 2019 at 2:49 am

Katheryn, is right, no need to low rate your mistress, you been there for 3 years, obviously, you love something about her. His loyalty is to mel, and he still can’t commit, neither of these women need to depend on his affections. My exes mistress called me, I told her he was free, because he is disrespectful, I wasn’t gonna fight over this a-shole, and I told him I will not wait for him to decide who he wants, I told him, they were gonna be together, he still didn’t end up with her. I didn’t care, he wasn’t mine anymore, the minute he gave up his goodies to her, he was hers to me, he fell in love with her. I did not berate her, and no need for him to berate her, you f___ked her, now your a-s stuck with her. I had to much pride and self respect, she didn’t, but that’s what works for them. They didn’t end up together, but, I removed myself totally, I left his a-s, then things got dangerous for me, imagine that 🤣🤣🤣 I still kept on walking, gots no time for that, I’m so happy I got rid of his a-s, just saying, its a lesson for us all. They pick who they really wanna be with, he was gonna be with this chic anyway, just not with my money. He didn’t care about ours sons, he put his chic first. There was no marriage for me to save, real talk. So, as daunting as it may be, you gotta take those steps and roll out, you’re no longer in the equation. I’m not upset, been divorced 11 years, and wish I had dine it sooner, I was divorced by the 18the year.