Mariah Huq Denies Signing a Bad Deal Amid 'Married to Medicine' Exit

Mariah Huq Denies Signing a Bad Deal Amid ‘Married to Medicine’ Exit

Photo Credit: Bravo/YouTube

Fans of “Married to Medicine” have been busy keeping up with the latest rumors involving the upcoming season. And right now, casting is the hottest topic on social media. A lot of fans had something to say after Mariah Huq revealed that she didn’t receive a contract for season 8.

Of course, some of the other stars of the show had something to say about this, including Quad Webb.

And Quad insinuated that Mariah was removed from the show despite being the creator because she signed a bad deal.

Well, Mariah recently said that this is not the case.

1. Tracy

April 25, 2020 at 8:39 am

She should have stayed behind the scenes because she did a great job coming up with the concept and casting people. Those women will never like nor respect her.

• Anonymous

April 25, 2020 at 10:26 am

True.

• Right

April 25, 2020 at 4:13 pm

You’re right because the other women have decided to hate her no matter what she does. And it sucks because she started the show and casted the majority of them. I think Contessa is the only one she didn’t cast. But it’s not just them who hate her guts. The people in charge of Purveyors of Pop really can’t stand Mariah. They have talked trash about Mariah to all the cast members and this is one of the reasons none of them respect her. They’ve been told not to.

• Diamond

April 25, 2020 at 4:19 pm

She shouldn’t have to stay behind the scenes to get respect. The black women on the show shouldn’t have dogged her out and helped push her off the show she created.

• Twirl

April 25, 2020 at 8:19 pm

This!

• Angella

April 27, 2020 at 12:36 pm

That’s Alright, Like Mariah said God is in Control, as for the rest they might not be there much longer. You Reap What You Sow. Maybe Quad will make some more dog clothes. Angella

• Rochelle Brantley

April 25, 2020 at 6:58 pm

I will not be watching this trash any more. I’m done.

• Christopher Franklin

April 29, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Not watching anymore, have to support my sister and Lady Mariah, to the rest of the female members not all but those who no who they are will not support u whatever couch you sit on…

2. Trina

April 25, 2020 at 12:00 pm

Mariah did good by the women, she gave successful women of color a platform for showing that they are working mothers, business owners, friends, and they are making it all work.
    Mariah was a news reporter before the idea for the show maybe see didn’t get the best deal but she gave them all a platform to do great things.
    Jackie, Quad, Heavenly and Contessa may not appreciate what Mariah did for them, they should.

• Teresa Ann Toliver Johnson

April 25, 2020 at 3:55 pm

I want be watching

• Meme goodly

April 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm

Jackie,Quad,Heavenly ,contrast you all just jealous of Mariah you is to old to act like that what you all doing is childish

• Joann Hooper

April 26, 2020 at 9:00 am

As a black professional woman, I will boycott this show. Also Altanta housewives too. Too much mess,fighting and bullying for me. Why do this women call each other B—h?

• Gwen Hereford

April 26, 2020 at 1:59 pm

@Trina, Very well said.

3. Robin

April 25, 2020 at 12:30 pm

In my opinion Mariah did a great job she brought a sense of laughter funniness class to the Shell she shows she was a real human being who have sense of humor new and who knew how to laugh and have a good time. Unlike that fake Jackie and that dr. Heavenly who I can’t stomach and quiet she needs to get out the show she doesn’t even have a sister alive nor does she have a husband. I am truly sorry they mistreated Mariah. She deserve better than that. That’s what happens sometimes when you put a bunch of women together. Jealousy. Hatefulness. They really hated Mariah and it has a lot to do with the insecurity nurses that doctor Jackie she should be off the show choir should be off the show they bring nothing. The Jackie is is she she’s a hypocrite. The only ones I like it’s Toya Simone Mariah and I like coffee too cuz she was a size 14 she showed what a true black woman looks like okay with a little bit of weight on her..

• Ini pow

April 25, 2020 at 4:30 pm

@ Robin WHAT????
      😆 The typos Sis,the typos.

• Caroline Layade

April 25, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Robin, please what is your narrative here. Nobody understands this. grammar here. Please check your grammar before posting. What are you saying?

4. Shirl Douglas

April 25, 2020 at 12:34 pm

Now that Mariah is gone I will not be watching married to medicine. I love her

5. Decta

April 25, 2020 at 1:33 pm

She definitely signed a bad deal. Take a look at Kyle Richards. She is one of the producers who gets alot of passes by Bravo.
    Here is what i think. The show was done after Mariah’s fight with Toya. Most of the ladies refused to associate with Mariah after that, because they knew that Mariah had some type of power on the show and knew whom she was going to get rid off. Mariah probably had to make another deal with Bravo to relinquish some of her power on the show, in exchange for keeping the show on. Take a look at Shaunie from BBW. It’s been reported that Shaunie until this past season, had major control over whom stays or goes, but that had changed as a result of the fight between the ladies from last season.She probably had to had to step down or have the entire show cancelled, just like Miami did. Also, there similar rumors with the previous producer of Love and Hiphop franchise.

• Wendi

April 25, 2020 at 3:05 pm

I WILL NOT WATCH THE SHOW ANYMORE I THINK IT SHOULD BE CANCELLED THE REST OF THOSE LADIES ARE NOBODY I WANT TO SEE EXCEPT FOR SEMONE& COFFEE

• Ini pow

April 25, 2020 at 4:33 pm

Tell it plain .Kyle gets passes because she is white and wealthy. Bravo doesn’t care for strong black women.

• Valoria Horton

April 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm

That’s why black people have to keep standing in what’s right to keep making changes that have to be made for the right…They take all our ideas and used them as their own…Same more as black people create they steal it all…I know good as well they’ve not fired Mariah off her show when 95% of the fans begging them to get Quad, Jackie, heavenly, and Contusse off the show especially Quad and Heavenly…Does that mean that they want the show to be canceled? They know Mariah fans didn’t go for it the first time and not going for it this time…Mariah knows how to make business moves she goes to the mailbox and made that statement to keep us talking she already stated no matter how they tried to push her out that she’s not going anywhere…Therefore, if she did sell her m2m business that somewhere in the contract must keep her still afloat Hunni because she’s very comfortable with making that clear…The first time when she was off the show she couldn’t go on the trip because her foot was broken but they kept it going if the ladies push her out🤷‍♀️ if Mariah who can make a good show like this…Can’t create a storyline to keep the show she created a float #teamMariahNoMatterWhat!!!

• Beverly A Barnes

April 30, 2020 at 10:57 pm

Let’s boycott, starting now.

• CYNTHIA

April 29, 2020 at 5:32 pm

All the reality shows are dry with cussing, back biting, low blows & degrading each other. Everyone is acting like there is only life when on reality t.v.. They’re not even thinking about the type of professions they’re linked to. I wouldn’t want a medical professional thats low balling their life providing me treatment. I don’t know what you just walked off from and where your thoughts or focus really is.

6. Taylor Catrice Downing

April 25, 2020 at 4:17 pm

No Mariah = no more of this nonsense for me.

7. Maddie

April 25, 2020 at 5:08 pm

It’s probably a blessing for Mariah to leave this show. She created this show and they turned around and defamed her on it. Let these bitter betties have it and watch it flop without your presence. I know I have no interest in watching it or the LA one anymore. I’m just here for RHOP and RHOA.

• Rose Adams

April 25, 2020 at 6:30 pm

This show is married to medicine. Quad is not married to the doctor anymore which he is off the show. This is backward! Heavenly is all the way a mess. And Jackie is mean and fake. Contessa is so annoying and boring I take a commercial break when her storyline comes on. IF MARIAH IS OFF THE SHOW I WILL NOT BE WATCHING IT.

8. Guest

April 25, 2020 at 6:01 pm

I’m sorry that Mariah was treated so disrespectfully, however; I’m still going to watch the show. I think the whole cast makes up the show and no one person carries it by themselves. I am happy that she can still get credit as a producer of the show. Hopefully, she will come back soon.

9. BOSSLADY

April 25, 2020 at 6:18 pm

Let’s start a hashtag or petition no Mariah no show.

• Thoody

April 27, 2020 at 7:59 pm

I’m with that

• keshia

April 29, 2020 at 1:01 am

I agree I just want to beat Heavenly ass myself and that fake a-s Quad

10. Darkskin Disha

April 25, 2020 at 8:00 pm

I’m with u on that part💪🏿💪🏿💪🏿💯…

11. Marquette

April 25, 2020 at 8:13 pm

It is heartbreaking to hear that Mariah will not be returning. It’s funny how some on the show gets away with way too much (Heaven), I like Jacke but as a previous comment, she is fak. Also why is Quad still on the show, she brings nothing.
    No Mariah, then I choose not to watch.

12. Marquette

April 25, 2020 at 8:15 pm

13. Ruthie Dickey

April 25, 2020 at 9:31 pm

We as black people should support ANY black show We made the Kardashians rich and famous but they have Nothing to offer. What gives, we are the only race of people who Always hate on each other.

• Nope

April 25, 2020 at 9:42 pm

Black people are not obligated to watch any reality show, especially when the black creator was disrespected and forced off the show. I’m not sure why you’re trying to guilt trip anyone with the Kardashians. Every black person doesn’t even watch their show and they don’t get nearly the same ratings as M2M and other black centered reality shows. They are successful because they have a huge white fan base. White people made the Kardashians rich. Just like white people are the reason why Kanye is still successful despite loving Trump. And your last sentence is delusional. You can go on Twitter right now and find white, asian, latino, etc. people being critical of each other. It’s human nature.

• Precious

April 26, 2020 at 11:16 am

Yes the only thing the Kardashians bring to the light in their show and lives is how to keep a black man, with money, in line!

• Precious

April 26, 2020 at 11:36 am

Nope you are right We’re not obligated to watch what goes on in another person’s life on television, unless we desire to. But, we are obligated by Jehovah, not to allow negative spirits and things to enter into our eye way, because this is one of the enters, as well as our ears, to our into our Spirit. Most of these Reality Shows are not positive in teaching our young Black, White, Spanish, Asian, etc. young ladies how to act in life.

14. Sarnell Bruce

April 25, 2020 at 9:34 pm

See it time for Mariah to move on and Create Movies and Documentary. When God want you to move He shake that Ground..Trust and Believe Mariah Huq is Intellectual Creative with Concept..I will not be watching M2M ATL.

15. Gigi Denmark

April 26, 2020 at 2:04 am

Mariah made the show! Too much jealousy, she lives the best life maybe that’s the reason huhh?

16. Vanessa

April 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm

Quad she acts like she’s so caring on Sister Circle but she’s Fake.Dr.Jackie Fake and Heavenly is a big mouth Bully.Dr.Contessa she’s trying to keep her big ass ego in check. MARIAH you will always be my Favorite!get another show on different network .

17. Terethia Mabone

April 26, 2020 at 1:23 pm

Seems like that eads my last season watching. I can’t take heavenly. Aka h-llish anymore Dr Jackie is evil. Quad needs to be off the show. It’s gone to h-ll in a handbasket. They need to cancel the show. It needs to be the married to mess show

18. Ldavis12

April 27, 2020 at 5:15 pm

This is exactly why I did not watch the new season of Atlanta housewives. When you reach an age past thirty, unneccessary drama becomes more grotesque than slapping’Patty cake’ in the school playground. Grown woman are too old,too busy,and too comfortable in their own skin to play elementary games!