Quantcast
'Growing Up Hip Hop' Fan Asks Pepa if She's Quitting the Show + She Responds

‘Growing Up Hip Hop’ Fan Asks Pepa if She’s Quitting the Show + She Responds

Photo Credit: WE tv/YouTube

On the current season of “Growing Up Hip Hop,” a lot of drama has taken place. As of now, Romeo Miller is no longer just at odds with Angela Simmons. He’s now not in the best place with a good bit of the cast. And he failed to get the whole cast to show up to a sit-down meeting he hosted with his father Master P. So it’s clear a lot of those relationships won’t be saved.

Since then Romeo and Master P have quit the show.

However, another focal point of the season involved Egypt Criss’ altercation with Briana Latrise. During a heated confrontation, Egypt punched Briana. Security broke things up and Briana was not able to retaliate.

Egpyt has been getting support but some criticism as well. So she announced that she’s also leaving the show.

Pepa revealed her fate on GUHH during an Instagram Live session. When a follower asked if she’s quitting too, Pepa said, “I’m not gonna leave the show with my daughter. I’ma stay on the show. I’m not leaving. I’ma stay on the show. And I got this.”

1. Renee

May 24, 2020 at 9:19 am

Papa needs to act like a mom. She has had time to look at the footage from the fight. She knows Egypt and Sam went in with a agenda. Egypt was the aggressor. Now she thinks she’s hard talking about Brianna went down. Had it not been for security Brianna would have beat her a**. You see sam is a punck Twist shut him down. He was doing all that talking before the party. We has mothers should always support our children in public. But when we get home we need to check them when they need to be checked Pepa you looked stupid laughing. Act your age.Be a mother help.your child see the light. Sam has caused Egypt to loose friends and family. She is just a come up for him.

• Mo

May 24, 2020 at 1:07 pm

I TOTAL AGREE.

• Deana L Dupree

May 24, 2020 at 8:49 pm

I’m surprised that her and her mother and I’m surprised if her father because if they don’t see that same as using her they stupid all he want is the fame he don’t really want that girl she’s a fool fool you are in love with a clown and a nut

• Michelle Clarke

May 24, 2020 at 1:50 pm

TRUST AND BELIEVE PEPA SAW THIS EPISODE

• I guess

May 24, 2020 at 3:09 pm

Enough said. They need to leave anyways. They making themselves look stupid.

• Sheryl Goodson

May 24, 2020 at 4:36 pm

That was her second time hitting Bri, now if security wasn’t there Bri would have beat the living h-ll out of her she is always catching her off guard, Bri should sue them and the producers. And Sam ain’t nothing but a lil punk B, her and her parents must don’t know what a joker is all about.

• Yolonda Wright

May 25, 2020 at 9:21 pm

Pepe not going anywhere..She very phony when camera is rolling she loves the spot like.If yall remember when she had the show with salt she was begging salt to get back out there.Give pepe young men and the spotlight and she will be good

• TWhit65

May 24, 2020 at 4:53 pm

Ok, didn’t you say support in public, but have that conversation in private?

Just because we weren’t privy to the private conversation doesn’t mean it didn’t take place.

What kind of mother would she look like having that discussion with her daughter in front of all of us. Let’s face it, Brianna always jumping up like she is going to smack somebody, she did it to Peo.

No she shouldn’t have hit her first, but I wouldn’t have that conversation in front of the cameras .

• R. Childs

May 24, 2020 at 5:02 pm

Yes I can’t believe Peppa went along with Egypt and Sam. They didn’t tell her they went there to pick a fight. And Sam pumped Egypt up ! I wonder did she check her Daughter after she saw the how it went down. I will be glad When they open their eyes about Sam I guess when Dam and Egypt leaves the Show Egypt and Peppa will continue to take care of Him and pay his Child Support.

• Idele dawson

May 24, 2020 at 5:15 pm

I totally agree with you Pepa knows Egypt was wrong, just as she knows that Sam is the Earth Distuber in the click, n Egypt has a absent minded, and clueless. Anything he tells her she agree.. Brainless PEPA got to stay on the show, bc she is washed up has been, n most likely broke, so she is stuck😉

• BobbyeAnne

May 25, 2020 at 4:39 pm

What you talking about? Pepa is FAR from broke! She’s up there financially and don’t need the show.

• Deneys

May 24, 2020 at 11:31 pm

I agree 100%

• Mildred

May 25, 2020 at 5:25 pm

Yes. At least she Peppa has stop drinking. I guess she read my comments. Now she need to get her daughter in check before Sam Robb her blind and have Egypt out here tricking. Because she’s on that D and noone can talk to her. Next she be on that powder.Get rid of Sam. He’s not straight.

• Mildred

May 25, 2020 at 5:29 pm

• Candace Fant

May 26, 2020 at 5:38 am

Preach..n .Amen

• Marlene

May 26, 2020 at 8:20 am

Papa is trying to act young.Are you and Treach that naive.This jerk of a nut is playing your family like a two dollar bill.Hes getting just what he wanted.Im sick of you all being played.When he marries your little princess and runs through the money oh well.Wake up!!

• Cynthia Davis

May 29, 2020 at 2:39 am

D-mn Renee, that was so on point!

2. Catherine

May 24, 2020 at 10:35 am

I’m in agreement with the majority. Please get the low life away from you family. Mam he is dangerous.

3. T

May 24, 2020 at 10:40 am

By choosing to stay on the show she’s showing how much she really cares. Just like Sam all Pep cares about is the $$$ That’s not how a mother should behave. Way to set an example Pepa.

• Shirley

May 24, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Pepa you know good and well Sam is just using Egypt he don’t have a dime and she just can’t see it and neither can you wake up pep and treach I’m surprised at you

4. CE-CE

May 24, 2020 at 11:43 am

PEPA IS JUST TOO STUPID TO COMMENT ON. FOR HER TO EVEN TALK EGYPTS SIDE IN REF TO THE ALTERCATION MAKES HER NO BETTER THAN SAM & WE ALL KNO HE AINT S***!HER PARENTING SKILLS ARE AWLFUL. SHE WANTS TO BE HER FRIEND OPPOSE TO BEING HER MOTHER.

• Maria

May 24, 2020 at 1:10 pm

What she said you all are correct about peppa
      Put that energy into your own soon he wants a mother too

5. Tra

May 24, 2020 at 12:22 pm

Pep need that $$$. It’s sad because I was such a fan but this show puts her in a poor light.

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 12:54 pm

Tra don’t let the haters on social media shake your love for Pepa Denton. Pepa is an amazing woman and artist who raised some great kids too and don’t worry she still loaded with cash …. makes Cardi B’s portfolio look like peanuts.

• Lonigay

May 24, 2020 at 1:18 pm

Twist and Briana and setting the stage.There are so many people with egos Angela,Romo and Bow need to leave no storyline. Master P needs to get a life and stay out of Romo business. Pepa and Treach need counseling on being positive role models to children. Eypgt needs a nanny. Sam the “Snake” needs to be removed from the show. He demonstrated negative images for young Black Men-needing his women to pay his child support. In essence Sam is a Gigalo-Eypgt is taking care of the “Joker”. I respect Mr. Dash paying his child support.Bravo

• Lenika Washington

May 24, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Why are you comparing her to cardi??? She’s been in the game way longer than Cardi so there is no comparison🤷🤷. I wish people would stop trying to make women be against each other. They both make their bread period!

• bernice brown

May 24, 2020 at 3:17 pm

Cardio will make a lot more money than Pepa and still be a good mom!!!

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 11:28 pm

I compared her to Cardi because Cardi been out there killin it for years now and is still only half as wealthy as Pepa.

Pep is in the top 5 wealthiest female rappers of all time.

I’m saying Pep ain’t broke like some clueless haters trying to say around here, no need to get defensive for Cardi’s sake, she’s killin it.

• Jae

May 26, 2020 at 8:25 am

You know Pep dont have money like Cardi. I know you support her, but let’s just be real. Cardi has money and still making it. What other relevant Rap Icon do you see on these shows? Come on now, let’s just keep it real. You dont see Queen Latifah, MC Light or Missy on this crap. Cause they dont need to be. They are still making money

6. Robert

May 24, 2020 at 12:26 pm

Glad Pepa staying for now, she’s definitely one of the cooler artists on the show.

And thank God she didn’t raise a trashy tr-mp like Briana Latrise who got strung out on c-caine, ran away from home, and THEN decided to have a child after she was at “rock” fricken bottom with some scrub who’s another disgrace to humanity …. who does that??! A washed up druggie alcoholic and thoroughly wretched bully like Briana Latrise has zero business judging or trying to control anybody.

Egypt is a cool chick, the show will miss her …. her diss track was spot on.

• Glenda Moore

May 24, 2020 at 12:56 pm

It dont make sense to drag Briana down because of past, Egypt was wrong, and Briana did not do anything wrong. Thats what we talking about, Egypt knows she can’t have a chance in h*** beating Briana, she look scarce as h*** like what did I just do, she knew security was there. She f***ed up.and that because Sam egg her own. Briana really like Egypt maybe she don’t go the right way about doing things, but she means well. Egypt getting off the show because she don’t want the world to see her get her a** kick on national T.V.

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 1:30 pm

What’s stupid is cheering for Briana and hating on Egypt.

Briana is 10x worse of a person than Egypt will ever be.

Some people think it’s cute that Briana goes around offending everybody after leading such a terrible lifestyle herself. I’m not one of those people.

Egypt Criss is a sweet girl.

Briana Latrise is nothing of the kind.

Briana is a cynic and a hater and a trouble maker who pushes sweet girls like Egypt Criss to their breaking points.

Haters gonna hate.

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 4:24 pm

PS: I’d rather I’d said “it’s irrational” instead of saying “it’s stupid”. My opinions are no more valid than anyone else’s or at least that’s how we’re supposed to act amaright and no need to makes comments too personal to one another unless directly insulted. My apologies Glenda Moore.

• Jam

May 24, 2020 at 6:50 pm

I am so tired of Sam being blamed for Egypt’s behavior. She and Sam seems to be happy and she’s not pregnant. They are young,let them enjoy their r relationship. Romeo and his dad act like gangsters. Why did he attend a meeting with a possee.I applaud those who did not attend. Romeo is a cry baby. Master P is a bully. The show is Growing up hip hop not Grown ups hip hop. He needs to stay in his lane and Romeo needs to grow up. He brags about his accomplishments but being a mature person he isn’t. If he was. ever Angela’s friend he owes her a face to face conversation and meeting of the minds. I am so disappointed in him.

• Idele dawson

May 24, 2020 at 5:23 pm

Seriously does Egypt really believe she is Harley Quinn🤔 That says alot right there about her upbringing and common sense. Is she really that lonley,lonely, naive that she is caught up in the JOKERS WEB

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 10:32 pm

She may be caught up in the Joker’s web but rest assured she’s no more lonely or naive than the average 21 year old woman in the country.

People act like the next time we see Egypt she’ll be on a milk carton after going missing at the spooky conniving plotting hands of Sammattick himself.

Everyone is soooo extra it’s really kind of annoying when you think about it. Egypt will get through whatever happens good or bad so it’s not worth making an enemy out of her just to fail trying to get her to hate Sam. That’s not how a friend acts and Briana was ALWAYS talking down to her in condescending ways.

Personally I’m not into the whole Joker persona unless it’s Halloween or something like that but it is what it is. Still though I root for Sam to reach the potentials of his better angels and become the man that Egypt sees in him and possibly to a lesser extent what her parents see in him.

We can be sure Trepa aren’t as thrilled about Sam as Egypt is but they did the right thing by supporting their daughter rather than throwing she and Sam to the wolves like the haters on social media have. Because again …. it’s not like Egypt is gonna end up on the side of a milk carton so as a parent why ruin her life for the next year or two and her trust in you for God knows how long because you’re trying to prevent nothing more than a common breakup at the end of the day?

Pep and Treach raised some nice thoughtful kids and in an industry that routinely chews them up and spits them out.

The hate towards this family is seriously misplaced. They rock!

• Maria

May 24, 2020 at 1:12 pm

That’s Bull she need to act her age…

• MsBrendaBaby

May 24, 2020 at 2:05 pm

Robert you are SAM trolling. You spew the same tired venom as if you don’t watch what is playing out. Oh but it’s you Sam constantly going after Brianna. GTFOH

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 10:36 pm

You bullies of a feather sure flock together, lol

And millions of excuses for Briana but none for Egypt who is way sweeter

Selective outrage is soooo embarrassing amiright

• 0fuc$s

May 26, 2020 at 11:09 am

I think it’s Sam too

• Monique

May 24, 2020 at 2:50 pm

You should stop judging that grl and her pass alcohol and drugs are a sickness a disease. Nobody wakes up and says I think I’m gonna be an alcoholic or an addict. Sh-t happens I been there 24 years ago through the grace of God she came out. As for that episode baby girl came with an agenda pump up mind game by that lil b-tch Sam. Pep take off that blinders that boy is playin mind games wit your baby check that b-tch!!

• Monae Phillips

May 24, 2020 at 6:01 pm

Pepa raised a DUMBA-S BRAINLESS WEAK DAUGHTER. Breanna has made mistakes but at least she has own them and is getting her life together. YOUR ENTIRE POST SOUND SILLY AF!!!

• Robert

May 25, 2020 at 4:01 am

Monae Phillips …..

Proving once again that projection is still a hater’s best friend.

Stay Classy!

• Rachele

May 24, 2020 at 9:16 pm

Just as you say Brianna should not be judging Egypt, you should not be judging Brianna. Life happens to us all, we have all made and will make bad decisions. God’s Word says “We have all sinned and fallen short of His Glory.” Brianna’s decisions makes her no less of a person than you or me.

• Rachele

May 24, 2020 at 9:46 pm

Just because Brianna has made some bad decisions in her past does not make her a bad person. Just as you say Brianna can not judge Egypt, you have no right to judge Brianna. We all have made and will make some bad decisions. God’s Word says “All have sinned and fallen short of His Glory.” “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.” Brianna’s past decisions makes her no less of a person than you or me.

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 10:46 pm

I’m pointing out hypocrisy and the haters get so defensive about that because they totally embrace their own frightening selective moral outrage.

But you’re right to a degree, I do judge bullies in a negative light. Briana had zero right to turn Egypt’s life upside down and cause her so much distress. But all Briana cares about is Briana because she’s a bitter self absorbed alcoholic.

Briana has earned 100x more scorn than Egypt has. Team Briana are absolutely delusional imo and there’s plenty of empirical evidence to support that sound opinion.

May 24, 2020 at 12:28 pm

Don’t care. I only watch the show for Briana and Twist. Won’t miss Egypt and Sam!

• Maria

May 24, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Love BRi

8. Marjorie Brevitt-Gordon

May 24, 2020 at 12:32 pm

Brianna is a bully, she wants to run egypt life. Let egypt make her decision if she wants to be with Sam or not. Its not briann place to tell her how to live her life Brianna Is A Bully.

• Lenika Washington

May 24, 2020 at 1:32 pm

But you’re focused on just Briana… She’s not the only one that has a problem with Sam and Egypt so where’s the energy for everybody else that’s got a problem with him and Egypt?

9. Patricia

May 24, 2020 at 12:34 pm

Sam is a messy con artist and his ex roommate exposed him recently. Pepa wouldn’t be able to see the red flags because she failed to do so in her own love life. Shout out to Briana for having the common sense Pepa and Egypt lack.

• Maria

May 24, 2020 at 1:14 pm

Bri we see you much love…

• Tanisha Walden

May 24, 2020 at 1:47 pm

Why would Pepa stay on the show. I thought GUHH was about their kids.
        She is so weird, always looks drunk or out of it. Im not even gonna go in on that botched bottom half of her body. Her daughter out here looking crazy. They all can go

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 4:59 pm

You’re right about that, Patricia.

I was just pointing out the vast hypocrisy going on around here about Briana is great and Egypt is bad. The hypocrisy is epic by any metric.

But that being said I don’t hate Briana and so far I think every time I’ve spoken negatively about her was because others on the board also had this ludicrous notion or pretended to have this ludicrous notion that Briana is a do-gooder and Egypt is a do-badder.

Imagine what all these haters would be saying about Pep and Egypt if Egypt got hooked on cocaine, ran away from home and had her child while homeless and using harmful substances and is ashamed of her baby daddy and spent much of the rest of her adult life being drunk, rude and obnoxious.

Because so far all she’s done is be with a man from a lower station in life and punched a bully in the mouth.

Just imagine how much more team Briana would hate Egypt Criss if Egypt Criss had been more like Briana.

You can’t even wrap your head around how much hate that would have generated.

Still though I don’t hate Briana on any level or have wished for her removal from the show. She plays the perfect villain and all dramas need a villain I guess though I like Madina even much better as a villain when it comes to watching drama.

And while it’s true that I don’t hate Briana on any level, she does disgust me on a few. But sure, on Briana’s best day she can be charming and funny … she has glimmers of honest appeal imo but for me personally, as far as watching TV is concerned, she can entertain me when she’s being nice or nasty … both are good TV.

But who would I want for a role model, daughter, sister, mother, or wife? That’s easy. Egypt over Briana all day long every day. (pun not intended)

For goodness sake, Briana’s track record is no better than Sam’s and look what y’all say about him.

Best Regards, Patricia

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Briana

Cocaine Habit

Alcoholic

Has Baby When Addicted And Homeless

Baby Daddy Worse Than Sam

Consummate Antagonist & Bully

Just Wrecked Her Car Probably Drunk

Patricia Likes Her “Common Sense”

• Patricia

May 24, 2020 at 1:57 pm

You’re not changing my opinion. And everyone doesn’t have to have the same opinion as you Robert. Good day.

• Rena Johnson

May 24, 2020 at 3:28 pm

Ok Samantha we know its you. People recognize your lame a** anywhere. Brianna has a past who doesnt. But instead of focusing on Bri lets talk about how flip shut you down & made you look like an ant under his feet LAME !! That was the best scene of all times.?

• Robert

May 24, 2020 at 5:10 pm

“Brianna has a past who doesnt?”

Oh look at Briana, everybody, trying to be like Tamar and talk about yourself in 3rd person … (yawn)

We can smell the alcohol on your breath from here, Bree, and the typo on your own name just confirms it.

And BTW Egypt ain’t going around throwing drinks in people’s faces and disrespecting everyone and flippin them the bird and trying incessantly to control people who didn’t ask for her help.

Selective outrage is a bad look for you imo and so is copying Tamar.

And please stop drinking and driving. Where’s your child?

• Mimi

May 25, 2020 at 3:47 pm

Your disgusting and voul hiding behind your fictitious name. Who are you to speak someone’s truth. What you have said about Brianna is defamation of character and speaks volumes to who you are as a MAN??????? You are so foul and lack any sense of what I call a gentleman…. a real man….please stay offline; you are making me question your masculinity.

• Michelle

May 24, 2020 at 1:59 pm

I agree Patricia!

• Shirley

May 24, 2020 at 2:05 pm

Pepa you know good and well Sam is just using Egypt he doesn’t have a dime she doesn’t see it and neither do you and trech I’m surprised at you

10. Shirley

May 24, 2020 at 1:40 pm

11. llawrence

May 24, 2020 at 2:09 pm

Pepa is broke and needs that check, nobody is checking for her old drunk a**

12. Tann

May 24, 2020 at 2:26 pm

I hope Peppa leaves the show too- she is washed up! I like Egypt but I hope she sees through Sams sneaky motives before she doesnTheresat have anything left.

13. Tiffani Young

May 24, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Good luck Pep. You got this right well you better come with a good story line otherwise you may be dismissed

14. Shady Bootz

May 24, 2020 at 4:44 pm

If Egypt does leave they will give Tyran a bigger storyline and Pepa will FINALLY decide to be a real mother to him for more camera time and money because she treat him like sh-t. I literally cringe watching them interact.

15. Katrina

May 24, 2020 at 4:49 pm

Of course she not leaving the show. She gotta keep the checks coming in to take care of Egypt, Samantha and Samantha

16. Sarah

May 24, 2020 at 6:46 pm

She really need to go . She looks really sick …. cause right now she looks a hot a*** mess

17. Ms. Virgo

May 24, 2020 at 11:01 pm

I’m not surprised that Pepa’s thirsty a-s is staying. Pepa’s all about Pepa. Sam will make sure Egypt returns. She’s his storyline.

18. Lez

May 24, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Egypt is a thug. I’m glad she’s off the show. I don’t respect people who can’t use their words. She made this show ghetto. Yuck.

19. Dionne

May 25, 2020 at 2:21 am

I just don’t understand how Egypt was modeling for romeo and singing she meets this dude falls in love now you never see her doing anything anymore all you see is a young girl/woman being everything to this man we watching her watch him try and get his career off the ground it’s just no focus on her all she been doing is defending their relationship that’s why I think he’s trash he should be pushing her career but it’s all about him and that’s wack just like his rapping her mom bought this dude a car but never got one for her son se also treat like trash so yeah I love bri and Sam too it’s sad to see it play out on TV like that

20. Cheryl

May 25, 2020 at 2:29 pm

Bye to Egypt, Sam, Pep, Romeo and P. Time to make the show interestin. All the none MF Factors.

21. Dionne

May 25, 2020 at 3:04 pm

True

22. llawrence

May 26, 2020 at 11:37 am

Amen if Pepa has so much money she would be on tour and making hit songs. Pepa is going through something mentally and she needs to see a doctor. No women in their right mind would let someone like Sam near their daughter. This guy is so wrong on every level. Google Pepa’s net worth and you will see just how much she is worth.